Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL.com's Marc Sessler categorizes NFL QBs

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    His Top 5 is dead-on
    So too is his bottom 5.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    the worst part about the ranking is that sanchez is ranked 35th and there are only 32 teams in the nfl.
    Look at the bright side. Nowhere to go but up.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Look at the bright side. Nowhere to go but up.
    you'd think. but now there's more qbs in the nfl who can be ranked ahead of him. and maybe a few more backups.

Would have had Brees one level up and cam newton 2 levels down

Sanchez is really bad, but he's not THAT bad. Putting guys like Nick Foles who has 6 TDs in his entire career ahead of Sanchez just shows the bias. He's just a below-average QB who can sometimes show flashes of great play in the right circumstances. He'll never be anything special, but he'll also never be the turd the media likes to paint him as. Just like Rex Grossman. And no one's giving that guy a third offensive system to figure out if he can finally "get it."
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-18-2013 at 07:26 PM.

This board has come a long way. The 3 or 4 Pom Pom waiving, fan evaluating homers have not come to Marks defense....yet.

Even the 3 blind mice on this board have trouble defending Mark with their lame old AFCCG BS.

I think the list is pretty good. I think brees could be part of the top group but I can understand him being put just below. I know some people think Tannehill should be lower, but remember the list is based off of where he thinks Tannehill will be next year and not just how he played last year. Most people seem to think he played pretty well last year considering what he had against him. I think he will improve with a season under his belt and more weapons around him. The only player I think should be ahead of him is Matt Schaub. He isn't great, but I would agree that it is a critical season for him. And I just think he is a better QB than some of the guys ahead of him. I also think Flacco is a little low.

Not that it is a big deal when it comes to JAG's but I think Sanchez should be the top JAG. I think if it was based on last season he could be put at the bottom, but he is better than all of the players in the JAG category and I think he still has a good shot to start next year.

Also, if I'm a Jets fan, I would want Geno Smith to start this year. There is some concern about putting a QB on the field with nobody around him to help protect him from mistakes. It is similar to Tannehill last year. I really wanted him to start even tho we didn't have a good group of recievers or offensive line, and it was mainly so he could get experience. If he didn't play last year, the dolphins would be going into this next season completely blind. It would just be another year of hoping to see a qb that shows something. Now we already saw it, and can hope for playoffs this year. I say get the rookie year out of the way, get him some experience, and then next year you guys can really set playoffs as a goal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Joe flacco deserves to be higher on this list.
    Agreed, not a glamour qb but he can deliver the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Brees should be in that top tier
    Buzz, he has moments of greatness but I don't see him as dominant in this league as the top tier ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    never heard of that retard. probably a blogger or something so i dont give a **** about his rankings

Truth ... (s)he's probably a regular poster in the Hanger

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Sanchez is really bad, but he's not THAT bad. Putting guys like Nick Foles who has 6 TDs in his entire career ahead of Sanchez just shows the bias. He's just a below-average QB who can sometimes show flashes of great play in the right circumstances. He'll never be anything special, but he'll also never be the turd the media likes to paint him as. Just like Rex Grossman. And no one's giving that guy a third offensive system to figure out if he can finally "get it."
    Agree up to a point.I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as is made out but you are what people last saw you being...hence Joe Flacco being as bad if not worse than Sanchez for most of his career is now getting 20M a year.

Bottom line the smart people in our organisation and hopefully Sanchez himself have this as bulletin-board material

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Sanchez should be the top JAG with two AFCCs.
    How....depressing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJets4life View Post
    How....depressing.
    It's like Mark is doing time for a DUI, the other four cellmates are serving life sentences.

No way should Matt Ryan be ranked above Eli.

Cam Newton should be under Critical Seasons Ahead before Ryan Tannehill.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Whether the Sanchez ranking is accurate depends on how you look at it. Everyone has seen Sanchez for four full seasons. I think the consensus is that he has regressed. With that in mind, Sanchez's ceiling is a bottom third ranked QB.

No one know what Foles is capable of doing. He played better in limited time last year than Sanchez has played in any of his seasons. So not only can I understand where the author was coming from, I agree with it.

We all have been waiting for Sanchez to "turn the corner" and after 4 seasons, I am just not sure how much more patience people want to have. Do we give him another season? People keep bringing up Brees. Brees was a Pro Bowler in his fourth season, his third as a starter. Sanchez has the look of permanent back up on a bad team.

He's spot on with .... everything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Whether the Sanchez ranking is accurate depends on how you look at it. Everyone has seen Sanchez for four full seasons. I think the consensus is that he has regressed. With that in mind, Sanchez's ceiling is a bottom third ranked QB.

No one know what Foles is capable of doing. He played better in limited time last year than Sanchez has played in any of his seasons. So not only can I understand where the author was coming from, I agree with it.

We all have been waiting for Sanchez to "turn the corner" and after 4 seasons, I am just not sure how much more patience people want to have. Do we give him another season? People keep bringing up Brees. Brees was a Pro Bowler in his fourth season, his third as a starter. Sanchez has the look of permanent back up on a bad team.
    I agree they should use Rich Gannon who didn't do squat till his 11th year in the league..

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    I agree they should use Rich Gannon who didn't do squat till his 11th year in the league..
    I agree. The Eli and Brees ship has sailed.