Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geno in uniform

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    Vinny Testaverde's Niece is a prime example why football should be left to guys. We all dont want to hear about your ins and outs of the fashion industry. its a football board. this is for talking about sports, next thing is shes going to start lecturing on eye black and makeup.
    It's the offseason, what else is there to talk about. Hopefully Savage will stop accusing me of pretending to be female now. (PS I have no opinions on makeup).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Well if you're gonna take it back to the Van Brocklin era, yeah. But if you say "change in the Eagles uniforms" and "modernize," I'm sure most people would immediately think of the Cunningham era to the McNabb era (probably their most radical change once they became green). The ones you posted probably wouldn't register into most of our minds except for when they trot them out on throwback days. In fact the ones you posted looks very similar to the Jets "modernized" look (Sack Exchange era).

Gotta admit though, these throwbacks would be pretty sweet. Would love to see them used today.
    That's kind of the point, no one remembers them they're so old but that's what the Jets uni still looks like.

Wow 3 pages of design discussion...women talking football + offseason = fail

[QUOTE=McGinley;4896699]

2 phones next to him. You can do a WHOLE lot of texting with two phones. Text away buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    2 phones next to him. You can do a WHOLE lot of texting with two phones. Text away buddy
    Oh God, I didn't even think about that. LOL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

Seriously, Nike destroyed the uniforms. There's like 3 different shades of green. Jesus...

My man Geno looks good in it, though.
    Including the belly patch, side stripe, logo patch and uniform proper I count four shades of green. That may have surpassed Dallas as the most variations on a color in a uniform. Pretty sure theirs was voted one of the worst of all-time. NYJ's uniform deserves better...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    Austin is a midget of Stokesian proportions.

glad he wasn't there when we picked.
    Austin was extremely explosive...... Saw WV live and on TV many times.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    Vinny Testaverde's Niece is a prime example why football should be left to guys. We all dont want to hear about your ins and outs of the fashion industry. its a football board. this is for talking about sports, next thing is shes going to start lecturing on eye black and makeup.
    Sorry can fill an entire thread with his fashion choices. I don't think it's a gender issue. I don't really agree. I love our away uniforms. I wouldn't mind adding some black highlights, and maybe some deeper color. Especially the green jerseys don't seem to be dark enough. Even some transition hues like VTN says, as long as we don't go back to kelly green, and we keep the white helmets. I wouldn't mind black helmets with the green jerseys, but I love the white on white, on white.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sash1;4896749]
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

The bottom picture looks fine, but in the light of the top one our uniforms look like a washed out khaki green. I wouldn't mind if they popped a little more, and had some color fading.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 05-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Perhaps my eyes are deceiving me, but IMO the green is more of a classic Jets green than the Army green we had last year. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing Geno this summer. Hopefully he proves a lot of people who started to doubt him beginning last season after the Texas Tech game wrong.

Same army green awfulness as last year. Wait til the sun hits it. Turns the thing to gray/brown.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Including the belly patch, side stripe, logo patch and uniform proper I count four shades of green. That may have surpassed Dallas as the most variations on a color in a uniform. Pretty sure theirs was voted one of the worst of all-time. NYJ's uniform deserves better...
    I got to see and touch the jersey that Geno is wearing in these pics the other night. I agree, there seemed to be several different shades of green and types/textures of fabric. It was a cool jersey but a little odd and I think Nike could have done better.

Agreed. Nike dun goof'd.

I mean, it really doesn't matter from far away, but they look so bad when you really get a good look at them. I still don't understand the design of the flywire thing. Looks like some kid wrote on the collar with chalk or something.

I'm sorry but I find it amusing that someone decided to name a Collectibles company after FOOD.

Here's a real PANINI for ya :