Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: Geno in uniform

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    Seriously, Nike destroyed the uniforms. There's like 3 different shades of green. Jesus...

    My man Geno looks good in it, though.
    Are you in college? What are you studying?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Are you in college? What are you studying?
    Nothing? lol, where did that come from?

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Nothing? lol, where did that come from?
    YOu're studying nothing? I just find it amusing that a college kid is lecturing someone who's been architect for several decades on the subject of design and I'm interested in what your field of study and intended profession is. Because embedding gif's isn't one. I also note that you haven't given an objective evaluation of the uniform's design features, other than the constant fallback of 'awesome'.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

  4. #24
    Granted the Nike uni's are pig ugly, but seein our future QB ready to roll gets me pumped the fvck up for this season.

    Fully on the Geno bandwagon.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    YOu're studying nothing? I just find it amusing that a college kid is lecturing someone who's been architect for several decades on the subject of design and I'm interested in what your field of study and intended profession is. Because embedding gif's isn't one.
    You can know all the in's and out's of design, but that doesn't mean what you like looks good. Now, how's about you go design me a sandwich, ok Darlin'?

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You can know all the in's and out's of design, but that doesn't mean what you like looks good. Now, how's about you go design me a sandwich, ok Darlin'?
    Actually, yes, knowing the 'ins and outs' of good design is what makes good design. That's because 'what you like' isn't part of the criteria of good design. Notice I never said 'like'. IN fact if you try that you instantly get a fail grade. Now how about you tell me what you're 'studying' in college? Are you really in college? Or have you dropped out?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's because 'what you like' isn't part of the criteria of good design. IN fact if you try that you instantly get a fail grade. Now how about you tell me what you're 'studying' in college? Are you really in college? Or have you dropped out?
    Again, you're going off what you think is a good design, aka your opinion.

    I'm not in college, and I never claimed to be. Point? If you even have one, lol. This sounds more like someone trying to puff out their chest in order to try to win an e-argument, rofl.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Again, you're going off what you think is a good design, aka your opinion.

    I'm not in college, and I never claimed to be. Point? If you even have one, lol. This sounds more like someone trying to puff out their chest in order to try to win an e-argument, rofl.
    Opinion based on commonly accepted principles of good design which can be enumerated, aka not 'awesome'. That's why people hire designers to, you know, design things. Not for their 'opinions'.

    Haven't you said in the past you're in college? What is your profession? Or trade? What do you do for a living? Are you good at anything?
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-18-2013 at 03:08 PM.

  9. #29
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wish we could have that trio, or at least one of the two receivers. Every organization makes it a priority to surround their young Qbs with good skill players, except the Jets.
    Agree with your statement.

    With all respect, I have seen what the Sack Exchange can do for a team...teams suddenly fearful of Shea stadium (all of a sudden ) howling winds and so forth. "Jet weather" as a factor giving serious home field advantage.

    What I am saying: I think the serious investment in the D should pay off in short field advantages for the offense. And, who knows (yet) what we have here? New OC yada yada

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Opinion based on commonly accepted elements of good design which can be enumerated, aka not 'awesome'.

    Haven't you said in the past you're in college? What is your profession? Or trade? What do you do for a living?
    No, I never said anything of the sort, lol. You're probably going off what what SAR said. I work at Radioshack.

    And no, knowing the ins and outs doesn't make the product good. That more or less falls on the artists creativity, vision, etc.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I think the Rams uniform is one of the nicest in the league. I think the Jets uniform is boring awful and the new Nike 'improvements' make it even worse. White is not a color, it's an accent for two other colors. LIke the outline for the number on the Rams uni. I think the Colts are the only other team left that have 'white' as a color with one other color only. It's very outdated looking. I think people that like it only do because it's their team and they're not objective. The Iggles used to be green and white and modernized their look with a third color and it looks much better, for example.
    Nah, the Eagles unis pre-Ray Rhodes had 4 colors actually: base green, secondary silver, white of course, and black trim:

    They changed the shade of green and actually eliminated the silver except for the wings on the helmet:


    As for the Rams, Imma have to disagree. I'm partial to their LA look, which is funny because they actually won their lone SB in those unis. I believe they gold they changed to is supposed to represent the wheat fields of the midwest, but I could be wrong. Regardless:

    &
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-18-2013 at 03:43 PM.

  12. #32
    Vinny Testaverde's Niece is a prime example why football should be left to guys. We all dont want to hear about your ins and outs of the fashion industry. its a football board. this is for talking about sports, next thing is shes going to start lecturing on eye black and makeup.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    Vinny Testaverde's Niece is a prime example why football should be left to guys. We all dont want to hear about your ins and outs of the fashion industry. its a football board. this is for talking about sports, next thing is shes going to start lecturing on eye black and makeup.
    (But I also agree)

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wish we could have that trio, or at least one of the two receivers. Every organization makes it a priority to surround their young Qbs with good skill players, except the Jets.
    Stop already! Holmes is a proven player. Hill was drafted to do exactly what you accuse the team of not doing! Kelley is an up and coming slot receiver. Jordan White was amazing in college and is a Jet!

    I think too many fans are down on the receivers. Put a great qb back there and watch their numbers grow!

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Nah, the Eagles unis pre-Ray Rhodes had 4 colors actually: base green, secondary silver, white of course, and black trim:
    They added black in the 70's and grey in the 80's.

    http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/20...-and-team.html

    Throwbacks:



    I also like the old LA Rams uniforms.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Stop already! Holmes is a proven player. Hill was drafted to do exactly what you accuse the team of not doing! Kelley is an up and coming slot receiver. Jordan White was amazing in college and is a Jet!

    I think too many fans are down on the receivers. Put a great qb back there and watch their numbers grow!
    Holmes isn't a bonafide #1, but he IS a solid receiver (imo, at least). Hill has all the tools except for 2 important ones: his hands. If he can improve his hands and make it a habit of catching with them instead of his body, he could definitely be a big weapon for us. Kerley is just a solid slot guy for us. Has like 800+ yards/nearly 100 catches/however many TDs with Sanchez throwing him the ball? Hell, those are similar to Welker's numbers before he had Brady throwing to him.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They added black in the 70's and grey in the 80's.

    http://blog.heritagesportsart.com/20...-and-team.html

    Throwbacks:

    Well if you're gonna take it back to the Van Brocklin era, yeah. But if you say "change in the Eagles uniforms" and "modernize," I'm sure most people would immediately think of the Cunningham era to the McNabb era (probably their most radical change once they became green). The ones you posted probably wouldn't register into most of our minds except for when they trot them out on throwback days. In fact the ones you posted looks very similar to the Jets "modernized" look (Sack Exchange era).

    Gotta admit though, these throwbacks would be pretty sweet. Would love to see them used today.
    Last edited by Down, Set, Haiku; 05-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,906
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post



    Seriously, Nike destroyed the uniforms. There's like 3 different shades of green. Jesus...

    My man Geno looks good in it, though.
    He has to do a minimum 1200 signatures this weekend.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,938
    VTN, what does being an architect have to do with designing uniforms? I am not making the correlation between structures and clothing. Serious question. I am not trying to be a smart ass.

    BTW, I agree about our uniforms. I would like to see solid pants w/o the stripes or just a pinstripe.



    ^^ Love those uniforms.

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,773
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    VTN, what does being an architect have to do with designing uniforms? I am not making the correlation between structures and clothing. Serious question. I am not trying to be a smart ass.

    BTW, I agree about our uniforms. I would like to see solid pants w/o the stripes or just a pinstripe.
    The principles and elements of design are universal regardless of what 'object' is designed - a building, article of clothing, furniture, lamp, etc. It has to unite functionality with aesthetics but the basics are always the same.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us