Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Who do you want as starting QB on Sept 8th?

Jets Insider VIP
    Smith is a QB

Tebllow was a POS

Huge Upgrade

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I want the person who wins the job to start....if that's sanchez then so be it...no way I am rooting against anyone on the jets roster to fail.
    This 100%

Anybody who in their right mind who says otherwise is simply not thinking as a fan of the team.

Best players should start unless there is an exceptional circumstance, Period!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    As long as Geno plays decent in TC and preseason have him start week 1. Takes all the pressure of Sanchez and if Geno sucks Sanchez can come in with no pressure and be the hero. If Geno plays well he can be our version of Russell Wilson. Win-Win.
    This is actually a very thoughtful and nuanced response that is actually kind to Sanchez; but IMO the Jets are paying Sanchez real money and if he is the best QB he should be in there.

But honestly if he Jets go with your plan only Sanchez and some of his teamates might be upset.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I want the person who wins the job to start....if that's sanchez then so be it...no way I am rooting against anyone on the jets roster to fail.
    Yes. I've been saying the same thing all along. GenoJet has to earn it, but so does Mark.

And if Mark does step it up and has success this year, that would be great for him, and awesome for the Jets organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This 100%

Anybody who in their right mind who says otherwise is simply not thinking as a fan of the team.

Best players should start unless there is an exceptional circumstance, Period!!!
    Problem with this logic is that we actually do know what Sanchez is as a QB. Going against that knowledge because of "winning" an artificial competition structure is illogical. In my view, for Sanchez, practice results are irrelevant. He has to be significantly and I mean significantly better than Geno in preseason games to get the nod. If Geno is remotely close you go with him. Handing Sanchez the starting job back because he practiced better is a recipe for disaster. The reality is that Sanchez should not be on the team, and the Jets don't have the option of excluding him from the competition. Have people forgotten how putridly awful he is as a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Problem with this logic is that we actually do know what Sanchez is as a QB. Going against that knowledge because of "winning" an artificial competition structure is illogical. In my view, for Sanchez, practice results are irrelevant. He has to be significantly and I mean significantly better than Geno in preseason games to get the nod. If Geno is remotely close you go with him. Handing Sanchez the starting job back because he practiced better is a recipe for disaster. The reality is that Sanchez should not be on the team, and the Jets don't have the option of excluding him from the competition. Have people forgotten how putridly awful he is as a QB?
    i agree. since sanchez is likely to play at the same level he has always played in, the only reason he would start the season is if geno clearly, clearly isn't ready.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Because the media said so. Geno Steak = Black Ryan Leaf haven't you been listening to Stephen A?
    Actually no I haven't read anything from the media just hearing his interviews on newyorkjets.com like I said I am just saying to me he seems like he is or at least will be. I could be wrong but right now I think it is about 50/50.