Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you want as starting QB on Sept 8th?

Who do you want as starting QB on Sept 8th

Who and why...

For me Sanchez to give Smith time to watch before going in.

Who do you want as starting QB on Sept 8th?

Who and why...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Who and why...

Anybody but Buttfumble6

Smith, McElroy, Simms ...yes

Sucky...NO WAY

Sanchez..he has it all to prove and when you are apparently the worst QB in the league there can only be one way to go....up

Smith because he won the job with an amazing camp and preseason

but prepared to support Sanchez for the first half if he wins the battle in camp

McElroy does not appear to have respect in the locker room (11 sacks vs SD)

would like to see Simms earn a spot on the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If Sanchez starts against the Buc's there won't be ear plugs strong enough to drown out the booing at Metlife.. Had we started on the road with Sanchez(If he even wins the job) and he played well it would have been better but that's not the case..Plus if Revis plays and gets a pick it will be like the Coliseum in ancient Rome with Sanchez being fed to the lions.. I hope Geno or maybe a vet they bring in after the June cuts gets the start otherwise it will be brutal..

Without a doubt...Geno

It's sink or swim, if Tannehill can get by year 1 with his weapons last year so can Geno.

Let him cut his teeth this year, then surround him with talent in next years draft and FA with the available cap space.

Winner.

All Pro
    As much as I would like to see Smith win the QB competition during the pre-season, I think the best for the Jets in the log term would be for Sanchez to start the season and give way to Smith mid-year. If Mark can prove that he can at least be an adequate game manager, we might be able to get a mid round pick for him next year.

As it stands now, he has little to no value in trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    I want the QB who gives the Jets the best chance to win! Nothing else matters. I am a Jets fan not a fan of any particular QB.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't understand how anybody can say Sanchez. It is time to put the embers out. He is not our future. (OK maybe there is a 1 in a million chance )

Hoping for Sanchez to start the season just so Geno can learn is a second or third best case scenario. We should all want Geno to learn in OTAs and TC and win the competition and prove that he is a starting QB. That is the best case scenario. All scenarios involving Sanchez starting should be backup plans.

Veteran

Arrow

WHOEVER WINS !!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno will start. Sanchez will never take another snap for this team again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Without a doubt...Geno

It's sink or swim, if Tannehill can get by year 1 with his weapons last year so can Geno.

Let him cut his teeth this year, then surround him with talent in next years draft and FA with the available cap space.

Winner.
    that's the thing. if geno can even survive and show glimpses this year, at least they have retooled the line to protect him. then next year they'll bring in more weapons and he'll be ready to roll. the jets aren't making the playoffs this year anyway, may as well see what he can do if he shows enough in camp. in today's nfl you don't see the penningtons riding pine for 3 years anymore, it's the exception rather than the rule.

All League
    Our starting QB may not be on the team yet.

Regardless, I want the best man to start... whoever that may be. That said, it would give me great hope for our future if Geno won the job.

Aaron Rodgers.

Until then, this is the first time where I don't care who the QB is. I have no opinion at this time until I watch them play in the preseason.

Matt Simms. This way we won't get slammed by cbs, well at least the one or two times we actually get the networks A team.

Mark Sanchez.

Because I'm a Pats fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why would anyone want Sanchez to be the opening day starter?

He's done here, drafting Geno says they want someone else going forward. So the best case scenario is that Geno plays well and wins the starting job then continues to play well and we have our starting QB for the next 10 or so years.

Beats the hell out of having to draft another QB down the road.

All League
    Why are there TWO threads with the same title?

Mods please merge.

Geno. Sanchez needs to be cut.