Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cimini: Sunday notes: Idzik's first two blemishes

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    They were 17 mil under the cap, try again.
    Yeah, so and they had 17 spots to fill- what is your point. They gave him more money than any other FA that they signed. Why do I have to "try again"

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Yeah, so and they had 17 spots to fill- what is your point. They gave him more money than any other FA that they signed. Why do I have to "try again"

Because you're just wrong?

Now whats your point, other than you don't have a clue about the Jets cap situation and posted something that was wrong. But hey, argue from another angle. You said they're in cap hell. They're easily under now and will be 30+ mil under next year. So yeah, try again.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 05-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I said QB is the biggest crap shoot in the draft. Unless you have that rare talent. (Manning, Luck and RG111) There are more misses from the expert who draft well, on the QB position. case in point. The highest grade Ozzie Newsome has ever put on any prospect was Jamarcus Russell- fact.

Still if teams thought Tom Brady , Joe Montana, Russelll wilson , and Geno Smith were that type of QB(they became) they would have picked them in the top five. Those teams won the lottery and found a franchise QB nobody thought they would become in the NFL. (how many times were each passed by teams)

Again there will probably will be one Qb emerge from this draft class that becomes a very good QB. Who will it be is anyone guess. It could be Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or anyone else pick. The experts don't even know that answer , so what chance we have to pick that QB out.

Only time will tell but this was a so called weak Qb draft class and no teams though there was a sure franchise QB in the bunch. Doesn't mean a QB can't prove the experts wrong again like Brady, J Montana and Russell wilson did.

Just an Excellent Post!!!!

this is just another non issue. it's too bad garrard couldn't make it out of training camp but he was just there to push sanchez. maybe cimini would rather bring back brunnel. as for the rb. how stupid can these players get. good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    this is just another non issue. it's too bad garrard couldn't make it out of training camp but he was just there to push sanchez. maybe cimini would rather bring back brunnel. as for the rb. how stupid can these players get. good riddance.
    I'm glad this happened NOW instead of during the season. The Jets still have time to find another Vet backup, although the pickings are really slim....

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    All indications show Idzik is in over his head, just like many said he was.

Did that real GM join the team yet? Or has the circus scared him off too?

SAR I
    When Andy Reid became the HC of the Kansas City Chiefs he didn't take Marty Morningweh with him. He promoted his Eagles QB coach who he did take with him to KC, Doug Pederson, and promoted him to OC of the Kansas City Chiefs. Idzic hired an unemployed OC who did not interview with any other team...

Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    I kinda think the Jarrard thing is a bit of a blemish..

I know he was a risk.. and probably did have a good workout..

But the fact he hadn't played in two years was a huge sign..

I can only hope he felt this might happen going into the draft..

I will say in regards to Goodson that those are the only things we can afford..

We are trying to clean the cap and hoping talented players that can get their life figured out is our only hope this season..

It turned out to be an embarrassing result. But as it turns out we really have to keep him... We are just that weak in the position..
    If the jets had cut Sanchez, like most of the clowns on this board wanted and the Jets had passed on Geno, like some of the other clowns on this board had hoped, and relied solely on Garard, then yeah, its a major blemish. But Garard was anywhere from a 1st to a 3rd string QB on this team depending on how camp had played out.

So he is forced to retire and people are already knocking Idzik? When he was first signed it was deemed a calculated risk. Why? BEcause we all knew that Garard was an injury risk.

Trolls like SAR are coming out of the closet (ahem) and acting as if the Jets signed Garard without recognizing the injury risk when the Jets knew all along that this was a possibility. if the Jets had given up a 2nd round pick to get a Garard THEN it would be a blemish, but to waste a few hundred grand on a "possible" starting QB that doesn't pan out is a complete non-issue.
    Last edited by revischrist; 05-21-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I'm glad this happened NOW instead of during the season. The Jets still have time to find another Vet backup, although the pickings are really slim....
    They are slim, but can anyone name a QB that we missed out on because of the Garard signing? Odds whoever that QB is, would be no better/worse than Sanchez.

Hopefully, this will allow Geno to get more snaps.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rajensen088 View Post
    When Andy Reid became the HC of the Kansas City Chiefs he didn't take Marty Morningweh with him. He promoted his Eagles QB coach who he did take with him to KC, Doug Pederson, and promoted him to OC of the Kansas City Chiefs. Idzic hired an unemployed OC who did not interview with any other team...
    Yup.

We are getting everyone's leftovers. That's what happens when you rebuild while retaining the head coach who got you into the mess to begin with. They don't call it "lame duck" for nothing. Every coordinator and coach on this team is 70/30 out the door next year, just collecting a paycheck this year, the new HC will want to bring in his own guys.

Nothing is changing here. Idzik, no different than the rest of the circus. Should be a week about the Knicks and Rangers, nice and quiet about the Jets. But no, we have a free agent signing on a drug and weapons charge and our owner quoting DC Comics.

I keep saying "you can't make this up". But we're the Jets. It's what they do.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because you're just wrong?

Now whats your point, other than you don't have a clue about the Jets cap situation and posted something that was wrong. But hey, argue from another angle. You said they're in cap hell. They're easily under now and will be 30+ mil under next year. So yeah, try again.

And what did I say that was wrong? and when did I say they were in cap hell, please find a post. I follow jason's site all the time. Who cares if the jets are under the cap- the point about the jets cap situation was that they were losing starting players and did not have the funds in the last two years to improve themselves in FA at the positions that they lost players.

My point is no one thought of Goodson as a Jag when the jets signed him to the most money that they gave any FA this year.

Excuse my for interrupting the circus music ...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...idzik/2325085/

Idzik's pace is often a slower one than others would like, but it leads to confidence in his decisions. To him, they're the right ones because he's made sure they're right.

"He's going to do what's best for the club, period," said Seahawks GM John Schneider, who advocated for Idzik during the Jets' hiring process. "He's not going to get bullied or pushed around, whether it's media influence or whatever."

Perhaps a GM who didn't know Idzik would've bailed when the Revis negotiations sputtered for nearly three months while Idzik waited for the best deal possible.

Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik sat five feet from Idzik when both worked under former Tampa Bay GM Rich McKay. He declined to discuss specifics of the Revis trade negotiations, but Dominik surely knew how deliberate Idzik would be.

What could've been done in February was instead completed at nearly the latest possible point: Revis to the Bucs for a first-round pick this year (No. 13 overall, which Idzik used to select Missouri defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson) and a conditional pick next year.

Just as he did with the release of Tebow, which happened after an exhaustive search uncovered no takers before, during and after the draft, Idzik took his time.

"There's a purpose behind everything he was doing," Dominik said. "John's a very deep thinker. He's trying to play it like chess, like we all do. You can't just live the moment today, you have to look down the road one two, three years. That's the hardest part of being a GM."

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post

Idzik's pace is often a slower one than others would like, but it leads to confidence in his decisions. To him, they're the right ones because he's made sure they're right.

"He's going to do what's best for the club, period," said Seahawks GM John Schneider, who advocated for Idzik during the Jets' hiring process. "He's not going to get bullied or pushed around, whether it's media influence or whatever."

Perhaps a GM who didn't know Idzik would've bailed when the Revis negotiations sputtered for nearly three months while Idzik waited for the best deal possible.

Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik sat five feet from Idzik when both worked under former Tampa Bay GM Rich McKay. He declined to discuss specifics of the Revis trade negotiations, but Dominik surely knew how deliberate Idzik would be.

What could've been done in February was instead completed at nearly the latest possible point: Revis to the Bucs for a first-round pick this year (No. 13 overall, which Idzik used to select Missouri defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson) and a conditional pick next year.

Just as he did with the release of Tebow, which happened after an exhaustive search uncovered no takers before, during and after the draft, Idzik took his time.

"There's a purpose behind everything he was doing," Dominik said. "John's a very deep thinker. He's trying to play it like chess, like we all do. You can't just live the moment today, you have to look down the road one two, three years. That's the hardest part of being a GM."
    John Idzik is the best thing that has happened to this franchise. He has brought much needed professionalism and low key to this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post

Garrard.

Goodson.

Playing Chess.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Very happy with Idzik so far

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Express View Post
    Garrard.

Goodson.

Playing Chess.
    Pawns.

OMG

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    John Idzik is the best thing that has happened to this franchise. He has brought much needed professionalism and low key to this franchise.
    He muzzled Rex, which is nice, but shouldn't the real evaluation of Idzik be based on whether the team wins games?

Jets Insider VIP
    When the only poster who supports your post is a pathetic troll, you should just log off and shut it down

It is unfortunate for Idzik that the Jets have openly courted controversy and derision in equal measure before he arrived.

The media have their narrative, and outside of winning some games there is very little he can do to silence them.

Water off a ducks back I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    You mean Goodson didn't have a history of getting busted until a couple days ago.

God only knows what the players are doing during off hours.
    thats not all there is to a background check. Its not checking ncic and running rap sheets. Its also knowing who a guy is running with and hagning out with. All could be found with a little effort. I have seen people who were supposed choir boys until you start looking a little further and then find out otherwise