Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: JETS NATION 7PM SUNDAY

  1. #1

    JETS NATION 7PM SUNDAY

    On now!........

  2. #2
    Custer, Shien, and Lucas all agree that Gerrard retiring throws a HUGE monkey wrench in the QB situation.

    Shein and Lucas love that Geno gave himself an "F" for the mini camp. Says it shows maturity and that he is putting it on himself to be better, something Sanchez never does, with him everything is always "rosey"
    Last edited by copernicus; 05-19-2013 at 07:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Custer, Shien, and Lucas all agree that Gerrard retiring throws a HUGE monkey wrench in the QB situation.

    Shein and Lucas love that Geno gave himself an "F" for the mini camp. Says it shows maturity and that he is putting it on himself to be better, something Sanchez never does, with him everything is always "rosey"
    Yep. Even if Sanchez loses the competition he will be on the team.

    I think it helps Geno b.c now he is going to get more reps. More QBs = less reps for everyone.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Wilson cut his hair and is working out with Cro. Looks like he got the hint.

  5. #5
    Cro and Kyle Wilson working out together all off season in NY.

    Its Cro's secondary now, says he learned a lot from Revis

    (BTW, Wilson cut the dreds)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Wilson cut his hair and is working out with Cro. Looks like he got the hint.
    Lucas loves that they are working out together

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Lucas loves that they are working out together
    This is a big year for Wilson. I know people don't put much into it but I see him cutting the dreads as a huge positive.

  8. #8
    Thanks for the updates gents, sorry I missed it.

    Copernicus... are you on happy pills? You sound positively positive!

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,737
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This is a big year for Wilson. I know people don't put much into it but I see him cutting the dreads as a huge positive.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    I think it symbolizes a change in his demeanor. More business-like.

  11. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I think it symbolizes a change in his demeanor. More business-like.
    cool story bro

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post



    cool story bro
    Apologies if I offended anybody but I subscribe to the Steinbrenner/Yankees philosophy when it comes to grooming. Same goes for guys like Mangold. This is not an ethnic issue.


  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,462

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Apologies if I offended anybody but I subscribe to the Steinbrenner/Yankees philosophy when it comes to grooming. Same goes for guys like Mangold. This is not an ethnic issue.











    I'm not sure I see the correlation.

  15. #15

    Ray Lucus said "Bilal Powell was a monster toward the end of the season"

    Did I miss something? I think the guy showed some promise, but a monster? I guess that's just Ray being Ray.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    ^

    I'm not seeing the correlation either.

    None of them are Yankees. And I never claimed that long hair and a beard makes you a bad player.

    Just an opinion I have. That is all.

    **Edit ** Damon did cut his hair when he came to the Yanks. So there's that.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,446
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post










    I'm not sure I see the correlation.
    Ummm you cant see a correlation cause there is none!!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    ^

    I'm not seeing the correlation either.

    None of them are Yankees. And I never claimed that long hair and a beard makes you a bad player.

    Just an opinion I have. That is all.

    **Edit ** Damon did cut his hair when he came to the Yanks. So there's that.
    You started this concept while discussing the value of Wilson cutting his hair. So it's not a Yankee issue. We all know the story of the Red Sox "Idiots" culture vs. the clean-cut Yankees. There's no evidence that "grooming culture" has an effect on athletes, is my only point.

  19. #19

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,759
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You started this concept while discussing the value of Wilson cutting his hair. So it's not a Yankee issue. We all know the story of the Red Sox "Idiots" culture vs. the clean-cut Yankees. There's no evidence that "grooming culture" has an effect on athletes, is my only point.
    The only reason why I brought up the Yankees is b.c they have influenced my opinion on the matter and I wanted to explain myself b.c I didn't want the discussion to turn into something else. I never stated it as fact. Obviously, there have been many great players that were not well-groomed. And there are many successful professional people with beards and long hair.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-19-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us