Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jump on the Geno Bandwagon

I'm on the lifelong Jets Wagon.

I have my doubts about anyone who hops on any specific player bandwagon.

Best player playing the best plays. Period.

All Pro
    Is it wrong to want to wait to jump on the wagon? I will chase it, if need be, but for right now, I feel about Geno as I have felt about the majority before him; Got to wait and see how he performs.

Hoping for the best, reluctant to give Geno my heart and my all.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Deep ball accuracy?
    There was some statistical analysis I read that showed Geno among the best in deep ball accuracy. That knock is primarily from Mayocks "ten misses on wide open receivers".

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    The bit about him texting is actually impressive.

He might've thought the meet n' greets were phony and had no interest in those teams anyway.

It could be the opposite of what they think; he's really a step ahead in maturity.
    Never thought of that. Maybe other teams "officials"(aka lackeys) were offended that he wasn't taking part in that glorified dog-and-pony show they had going on(because he knew it was pointless)....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'm already on.
    +1

Full steam ahead!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Deep ball accuracy?
    He's got it. I've seen it. In some games he looks like the most accurate passer I've seen. He just happened to be on the same team as the fastest kid in college football....so, yes, they got a lot of yards on short, safe tosses too. You can't fault him for that. But the kid can throw down field

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Main concern I have about Geno is the players they surrounded him with. I have very little faith in this group of receivers and the OL is being rebuilt. You don't want to put a rookie QB in harms way, and I think that the way the Jets are currently constituted, he will not have a good chance of succeeding. How about moving him into the starting position slowly, only after you have surrounded him with the guys he needs to succeed with.
    Amen. Couldn't agree more

Talking WILL THE REAL GEMO EMERGE.?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'd like to know what the reasons for not being excited about geno are. he's not andrew luck but he was the best passer in the draft and we got him for a steal with pick 39. people are supposed to be worried because they heard he texted at a team visit? give me a break
    -What if he texted and Ate a Hot Dog at the same time. ?

- in any event, its a good pick for # 39; and we should have a better O line than last year; AND a much better OC. Lets hope some WR's and TE's

are on the market soon, and we get some speed guys. Jeff Cumberland is a back -up quality at best.

Talking WILL THE REAL GENO EMERGE.?

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'd like to know what the reasons for not being excited about geno are. he's not andrew luck but he was the best passer in the draft and we got him for a steal with pick 39. people are supposed to be worried because they heard he texted at a team visit? give me a break
    -What if he texted and Ate a Hot Dog at the same time. ?

- in any event, its a good pick for # 39; and we should have a better O line than last year; AND a much better OC. Lets hope some WR's and TE's

are on the market soon, and we get some speed guys. Jeff Cumberland is a back -up quality at best.

GEMO....GENO.....whatever.

I'm on board, always along for the ride.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I honestly think we are about to simply waste two or three more years on the wrong g guy. Athletic yes. Franchise qb? I just don't see it.
    If he sucks we can draft someone else next year. It's not like we drafted him at 5, gave him a big contract and have to waste four years on him or anything. Wouldn't it be terrible if that happened?

Jets Insider VIP
    Smith, McElroy, Simms....any one of the three in 2013

Anybody but Buttfumble, the King of Turnovers

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    If he sucks we can draft someone else next year. It's not like we drafted him at 5, gave him a big contract and have to waste four years on him or anything. Wouldn't it be terrible if that happened?
    Exactly. Since we didn't reach for him, nor did we trade multiple picks to move up, he represents only a single pick. I expect that with Garrard retired and Sanchez looking to be cut next year, we WILL draft a QB in 2014.

Already on.

Lol @ taking a QB next year. I doubt we ditch Geno after a year.

Rookie
    Im on the Geno bandwagon too but I wouldn't be against leaving him on the bench for the start of the season. No rush. It's not like we're Superbowl contenders this year... I was hoping for Garrard to start and show him the ropes slowly

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Already on.

Lol @ taking a QB next year. I doubt we ditch Geno after a year.
    I did not say ditch Geno. I said we will be thin at QB after Sanchez is gone and that we draft a backup. Idzik has shown a propensity for favoring quality depth. The days of "we have one QB and therefore shun depth are over.