Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jump on the Geno Bandwagon

Jump on the Geno Bandwagon

I feel different about Geno than I did the last few QBs we drafted.

I really think Geno may be the franchise guy we always have wanted.

I feel there is a much different environment for Geno than Sanchez and Clemens:

• Better OC
    • Better QB coach
    • Better system
    • No sense of entitlement/ chip on shoulder from draft position and media bashing

Plus, Geno has so much more experience than Sanchez. The reality is that Geno would have been #1 overall if his team did not completely tank the second half of the system. People blamed Geno for that and downgraded him. After 5 games people were talking about him as the type of #1 pik QB everyone hopes to get and I think he will be.

Not much data here, just a gut feel. I am on the bandwagon who's jumping on with me?

I'm already on.

Practice Squad
    If your a optimistic Jet fan then you should just trust the organization and hop on the bandwagon either way.. If the season doesn't go well thats just the way it is, I won't be a pessimist the whole way down.

I'd like to know what the reasons for not being excited about geno are. he's not andrew luck but he was the best passer in the draft and we got him for a steal with pick 39. people are supposed to be worried because they heard he texted at a team visit? give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'd like to know what the reasons for not being excited about geno are. he's not andrew luck but he was the best passer in the draft and we got him for a steal with pick 39. people are supposed to be worried because they heard he texted at a team visit? give me a break
    Absolutely spot on, I would not of complained had we taken him with the 13th pick considering the level of play we got at that position the last three years.

To get him at 39 is an absolute steal, and one I hope really works out for us for a change.

Kellen Clemens couldn't read an NFL defense to save his life and Mark Sanchez doesn't believe in the concept of ball security. Both were ruined early on by Schitthead. Geno has an edge over both of them because he's probably more talented than both of them combined and has a better OC teaching him.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Kellen Clemens couldn't read an NFL defense to save his life and Mark Sanchez doesn't believe in the concept of ball security. Both were ruined early on by Schitthead. Geno has an edge over both of them because he's probably more talented than both of them combined and has a better OC teaching him.

I think the bold is the MAIN point.

But I would change "better" with the word "REAL" because Schitty wasn't an OC. He was a JI member masquerading as an OC.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    There were plenty of teams that needed a QB and still didn't jump at the "steal" we did. If their rationale was based on his text addiction then yeah, maybe we lucked out. But I'll wait to see the product on the field before I put the green-colored glasses on . . .

I honestly think we are about to simply waste two or three more years on the wrong g guy. Athletic yes. Franchise qb? I just don't see it.

Rookie
    Jump on fast, jump off faster.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    I feel different about Geno than I did the last few QBs we drafted.

I really think Geno may be the franchise guy we always have wanted.

I feel there is a much different environment for Geno than Sanchez and Clemens:

• Better OC
    • Better QB coach
    • Better system
    • No sense of entitlement/ chip on shoulder from draft position and media bashing

Plus, Geno has so much more experience than Sanchez. The reality is that Geno would have been #1 overall if his team did not completely tank the second half of the system. People blamed Geno for that and downgraded him. After 5 games people were talking about him as the type of #1 pik QB everyone hopes to get and I think he will be.

Not much data here, just a gut feel. I am on the bandwagon who's jumping on with me?
    I really want to jump on the bandwagon but I canít. Itís just too early. Letís see how Geno does in TC and pre-season. Iím hoping he outperforms and wins the start but he might need some seasoning first. Barring him, Iíd take either MS or McElroy as a place holder for half a season or so depending on if Geno is progressing.

One way or the other, unless Geno wins the start and is an immediate above average QB with upside potential, I think we keep drafting QBís somewhere in every draft class till we find one. OTOH, our 2014 cap situation will be so good that if a good QB hits the FA market maybe we could buy one. Iíll skin the cat any way I can as long as we eventually get it done.

Go Geno!

Main concern I have about Geno is the players they surrounded him with. I have very little faith in this group of receivers and the OL is being rebuilt. You don't want to put a rookie QB in harms way, and I think that the way the Jets are currently constituted, he will not have a good chance of succeeding. How about moving him into the starting position slowly, only after you have surrounded him with the guys he needs to succeed with.

All Pro
    I was on it the minute the jets drafted him

All League
    I'm rooting like hell for GenoJet to become a great QB for my Jets... but doesn't mean that I'm not rooting like hell for Sanchez too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I'm rooting like hell for GenoJet to become a great QB for my Jets... but doesn't mean that I'm not rooting like hell for Sanchez too.
    More like rooting FOR hell in the case of Sanchez because that's all he's given us these past few seasons.

All League
    The bit about him texting is actually impressive.

He might've thought the meet n' greets were phony and had no interest in those teams anyway.

It could be the opposite of what they think; he's really a step ahead in maturity.

Practice Squad
    I'm not on the bandwagon yet. I guess I've just been a Jets fan too long to get excited over a draft prospect in his first year. I'm not doom and gloom. I really want the new system to work, the new GM to be good, and Rex to be a great HC for the Jets. I'm as excited about this year as any... cautious optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I honestly think we are about to simply waste two or three more years on the wrong g guy. Athletic yes. Franchise qb? I just don't see it.
    What specifically do you think he is lacking?

Schluberator & Gadfly ģ
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    What specifically do you think he is lacking?
    Deep ball accuracy?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    There were plenty of teams that needed a QB and still didn't jump at the "steal" we did. If their rationale was based on his text addiction then yeah, maybe we lucked out. But I'll wait to see the product on the field before I put the green-colored glasses on . . .
    Teams passing on him doesn't really mean anything. QB needy teams passed on Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers and Joe Flacco. The Cardinals needed a QB in the worst way and they passed on both Big Ben and Phillip Rivers. Sometimes teams just gamble on the QB position and decide not to take a guy.

I was happy as hell we got Geno. I think he's gonna be the real deal.

BTW I don't pay any attention to the whole texting thing. We never head a peep of that til AFTER the Jets drafted him. Funny how we never heard about it beforehand.