Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Updates on today's OTA's??

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This kid needs to be made an example of. New regime needs to set the tone. Unacceptable behavior!
    I'd rather the New Regime put a winning team on the field.

    Don't really care if the whole team isn't a bunch of Tebows... As long as they aren't getting suspended, that is.

    As of right now Goodell has not suspended him and the JETS need to stop reacting because the media and people like you want them to.

    We already set a new "example" in suspending Braylon, and I'm pretty sure the Jets are the ONLY team to ever suspend a player for that.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,887
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Not trying to make excuses, I just find it difficult to believe two guys passed out at the same time, unless it was heavy traffic. They had to have parked first with the intent of sleeping
    But I think they were on their way to help a bunch of needy orphans....if that's any consolation.

  3. #23
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You know, i realize this kid is in a lot of trouble with the law, but looking at this story there're a few positives to be taken out . These kids were wasted and parked their vehicle and went to sleep instead of continuing to drive under the influence.

    He spends the last few days in jail and still shows up for the star of OTAs on time.

    I wonder if the media will spend anytime focusing on these positives.
    They won't because it will not sell papers! But the guy had to go to the hospital. We do not know why. He was passed out in the car. Maybe he was slipped a drug? Maybe he was ill? Who knows? We sure don't. I still feel he is innocent until proven guilty. Perhaps after a real investigation is conducted he might be exonerated. Too many here as well as in the media are in a rush to judgement.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I wonder if Tebow is wearing a shirt while running through the rain. This has nothing to do with OTAs. Just something I think about while at work.
    Odd dream for a guy.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Odd dream for a guy.
    I thought the same thing also, lol, but being the guy that i am, i figured that maybe this poster might not be a guy.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    They did. They just chose to park in the "middle left lane" not even the left lane, of RT 80, at 3am. They are lucky to be alive. F'ing idiots.

    And how did this turn into a Goodson thread? There's 30 pages of facts and arguments in the other thread,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBjNpZ5t9S4

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    This kid needs to be made an example of. New regime needs to set the tone. Unacceptable behavior!
    Illegal gun possession is not good but let me get this correct, you want us to cut this guy go over marijuana possession? Fire him because he smokes pot. Man, lets set the tone, Mr. Hannity, get rid of half the team. Anyone want to bet Rex has puffed before also. Its all such BS, its because we are the Jets and its the season to go after anything green and white.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Illegal gun possession is not good but let me get this correct, you want us to cut this guy go over marijuana possession? Fire him because he smokes pot. Man, lets set the tone, Mr. Hannity, get rid of half the team. Anyone want to bet Rex has puffed before also. Its all such BS, its because we are the Jets and its the season to go after anything green and white.
    you say "gun possession is not good," but then omit it from your next sentence, like it didn't happen, and he's being prosecuted ("persecuted") just for weed. I don't get it.

    And, I'm in the "let's wait and see" camp. I hope it comes out that it was his dummy friend's gun. Regardless; bonehead move.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    They won't because it will not sell papers! But the guy had to go to the hospital. We do not know why. He was passed out in the car. Maybe he was slipped a drug? Maybe he was ill? Who knows? We sure don't. I still feel he is innocent until proven guilty. Perhaps after a real investigation is conducted he might be exonerated. Too many here as well as in the media are in a rush to judgement.
    You're not GenoT, are you?

  10. #30
    Interesting about the location of where the SUV was located.

    First and foremost, let us all understand the facts as we know them today, an this is in no way trying to make excuses or justify this type of behavior

    This kid was IN THE BACK Seat and PASSED out. Question, was he so drunk when he entered the vehicle that he did not realize how drunk his "bodyguard " was.

    The one sure positive,
    He did have enough sence not to get behind the wheel and drive.

    The negatives
    He got that drunk in the first place
    He is associating with known convicted felons
    He has millions on the line and is possession of an illegal substance.
    He is out at 3 in the morning in that
    condition
    An the worst of all, if he is in anyway attached to that weapon or had knowledge of it in the vehicle in the state of NJ without knowing the law.

    So if you add them up I just don't see how the Jets can keep this kid on the roster much longer.

  11. #31
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Illegal gun possession is not good but let me get this correct, you want us to cut this guy go over marijuana possession? Fire him because he smokes pot. Man, lets set the tone, Mr. Hannity, get rid of half the team. Anyone want to bet Rex has puffed before also. Its all such BS, its because we are the Jets and its the season to go after anything green and white.
    No! I want the Jets organization to change from a circus to one that commands respect. I want the Jets Franchise to be the type of organization that cuts a talented WR like Santonio Holmes instead of one that gives him a 50 million dollar deal.

    Right now the Jets are still a team that nobody takes seriously. John Idzik is changing that perception (and reality.) Under normal circumstances I would want to find out exactly what happened before I got angry at this kid. But at this stage of the game we're still a joke and that's got to change. Our new GM needs to send a powerful message. Pot is no big deal. But getting caught passed out in a vehicle with a gun and weed in the middle of a friggin parkway demonstrates really poor decision making.

    This kid has not shown us he's an all pro talent. He's shown us that he's a freakin moron.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,739
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Interesting about the location of where the SUV was located.

    First and foremost, let us all understand the facts as we know them today, an this is in no way trying to make excuses or justify this type of behavior

    This kid was IN THE BACK Seat and PASSED out. Question, was he so drunk when he entered the vehicle that he did not realize how drunk his "bodyguard " was.

    The one sure positive,
    He did have enough sence not to get behind the wheel and drive.

    The negatives
    He got that drunk in the first place
    He is associating with known convicted felons
    He has millions on the line and is possession of an illegal substance.
    He is out at 3 in the morning in that
    condition
    An the worst of all, if he is in anyway attached to that weapon or had knowledge of it in the vehicle in the state of NJ without knowing the law.

    So if you add them up I just don't see how the Jets can keep this kid on the roster much longer.
    Do the words "innocent until proven guilty" mean anything to you? We live in America. At the very least no decision should be made until the facts become clear. I hope you are never on a jury!
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 05-20-2013 at 09:14 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    You're not GenoT, are you?
    Hey... Where IS G-Not?

    He's wanted round these parts...

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    1,091
    soooo nothing on OTA's I guess...

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Do the words "innocent until proven guilty" mean anything to you? We live in America. At the very least no decision should be made until the facts become clear. I hope you are never on a jury!
    Actually I quite agree with you, most of the negatives in my post can be tied to poor judgement and nothing criminal, at this time. I have advocated all along getting all the facts before rushing to judgement. Yet, those negatives do add up and put this young man in a very bad light. Even if he is found innocent of all the felonies and issues a citation for the possession, he puts the club in a bad situation. I think you would agree the Jets are trying to change the perception many have of being some kind of NFL joke. Goodson action in this matter just feeds that perception.

  16. #36
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    You're not GenoT, are you?
    No but I learned a long time ago to go slow. On meters like these. Facts have a way of being twisted etc. innocent until proven guilty!

    You have a problem with that concept?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    lol, they parked their car ON Rt.80, not the shoulder, the road.
    LOL


    Yes, in the middle of the left lane. The fast lane.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    No but I learned a long time ago to go slow. On meters like these. Facts have a way of being twisted etc. innocent until proven guilty!

    You have a problem with that concept?
    I have no problem with that concept. And yes, it may not be his gun. But it doesn't seem to be disputed that he was intoxicated and asleep in one of the active lanes of an interstate at 3:30 in the morning with a convicted felon. Even if, for the sake of argument, he did not know about the gun and the drugs weren't his and he is acquitted of all charges, he still is guilty of extremely poor judgment and this doesn't bode well for his commitment to football and the Jets.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    lol, they parked their car ON Rt.80, not the shoulder, the road.
    I had the interesting experience of driving on the interstate in the midwest and circumventing two old ladies in a car going against traffic in the speed lane. I never saw a state highway patrol car appear so fast out of nowhere.

    No, they didn't play for the Jets...

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I have no problem with that concept. And yes, it may not be his gun. But it doesn't seem to be disputed that he was intoxicated and asleep in one of the active lanes of an interstate at 3:30 in the morning with a convicted felon. Even if, for the sake of argument, he did not know about the gun and the drugs weren't his and he is acquitted of all charges, he still is guilty of extremely poor judgment and this doesn't bode well for his commitment to football and the Jets.
    The only thing missing was a naked chick in the back from the local high school.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us