Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates on today's OTA's??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Updates on today's OTA's??

Any word on if the media is present. Need some jet news not related to police reports.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I have seen so far :

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    RB Mike Goodson, arrested last wk on drugs/weapon charges, showed up for Jets 1st OTA today (voluntary). But isn't practicing. #Jets

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe the media has no access to the actual practices today...if there are any real practices today?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yale1087 View Post
    Only thing I have seen so far :

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    RB Mike Goodson, arrested last wk on drugs/weapon charges, showed up for Jets 1st OTA today (voluntary). But isn't practicing. #Jets
    So he made bail? Surely charges have not been dropped yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    So he made bail? Surely charges have not been dropped yet.
    Haven't been keeping up on this. Are there indications that the charges will be dropped???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Haven't been keeping up on this. Are there indications that the charges will be dropped???
    I guess I phrased that wrong. No indications of anything either way, (I guess they're working on figuring out whose gun it is and the rest of the legal process) this is the first new news about it, AFAIK I thought he was still in jail.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I guess I phrased that wrong. No indications of anything either way, (I guess they're working on figuring out whose gun it is and the rest of the legal process) this is the first new news about it, AFAIK I thought he was still in jail.
    Isn't he? He's at the Jets complex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, i realize this kid is in a lot of trouble with the law, but looking at this story there're a few positives to be taken out . These kids were wasted and parked their vehicle and went to sleep instead of continuing to drive under the influence.

He spends the last few days in jail and still shows up for the star of OTAs on time.

I wonder if the media will spend anytime focusing on these positives.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You know, i realize this kid is in a lot of trouble with the law, but looking at this story there're a few positives to be taken out . These kids were wasted and parked their vehicle and went to sleep instead of continuing to drive under the influence.

He spends the last few days in jail and still shows up for the star of OTAs on time.

lol, they parked their car ON Rt.80, not the shoulder, the road.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Idzik and Rex are going to interview him which might lead to his release.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Looks like Idzik and Rex are going to interview him which might lead to his release.
    This isn't a jag they can release like Miami did with Chad Johnson. They gave him a million dollar signing bonus. They will only release him if they know they can get back that money. If the gun isn't his they have no legal bases for releasing him which means he would get that million dollars for nothing if released.
    Last edited by Magnus; 05-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    lol, they parked their car ON Rt.80, not the shoulder, the road.
    i think we're parked man

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya but I think we're reaching for positives when there aren't really any. I'm not sure that parking in the middle of a highway is a smart thing because continuing to drive would be slightly more dangerous. In the middle of the night someone could have easily rear-ended them.

I think that not showing up today would have sealed his fate with the Jets. Yes, these may be voluntary OTAs but he's already on thin ice and not showing up wouldn't help.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This kid needs to be made an example of. New regime needs to set the tone. Unacceptable behavior!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Judging by this terrific thread I guess the beat jackals were barred and will be resorting to.making up stuff or saying nada

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Tebow is wearing a shirt while running through the rain. This has nothing to do with OTAs. Just something I think about while at work.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understood, they did not "park" their car. I thought the story that they passed out in the left lane of interstate 80. Can't see that as a positive, sorry. Then he shows up for work? I would too if I was trying not to get cut. Hard to find any positives in this. That's like saying it was a "positive" that there were no machine guns or underage girls in the car. I just don't see it.
    Last edited by RIJetFan; 05-20-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

they parked ON the road. not on the side of the road.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not trying to make excuses, I just find it difficult to believe two guys passed out at the same time, unless it was heavy traffic. They had to have parked first with the intent of sleeping

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Not trying to make excuses, I just find it difficult to believe two guys passed out at the same time, unless it was heavy traffic. They had to have parked first with the intent of sleeping
    They did. They just chose to park in the "middle left lane" not even the left lane, of RT 80, at 3am. They are lucky to be alive. F'ing idiots.

And how did this turn into a Goodson thread? There's 30 pages of facts and arguments in the other thread,