Thread: XBoxOne / PS4

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

XBoxOne / PS4

Thoughts?

MS just had their big reveal today....and most of the reaction towards it is generally one of meh & disgust.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/43...treaming-cloud

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always been a Sony "fan boy." I imagine I'll stay loyal, although I have finally grown up and maybe I'm too old for this stuff.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    From what I read, it looks like the specs are similar for both systems. I guess it comes down to the exclusive content for each system which will be my determining factor.
    Last edited by Scandal26; 05-21-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fish, when is the next GTA coming out?

Thats all I really care about.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Thoughts?

MS just had their big reveal today....and most of the reaction towards it is generally one of meh & disgust.
    Not sure where you're reading that? Everything I've been looking at tonight is talking about them blowing Sony out of the water as far as having an entertainment console goes... Sony's reveal was dull and more 'game-centric' as MS's was more about the upgraded features, the 'all-in-one' entertainment system it will bring to your home and they would wait until E3 to release game specific details...

I think there are people worried that XBO will price them out of getting a new console...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Fish, when is the next GTA coming out?

Thats all I really care about.
    September

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Not sure where you're reading that? Everything I've been looking at tonight is talking about them blowing Sony out of the water as far as having an entertainment console goes... Sony's reveal was dull and more 'game-centric' as MS's was more about the upgraded features, the 'all-in-one' entertainment system it will bring to your home and they would wait until E3 to release game specific details...

I think there are people worried that XBO will price them out of getting a new console...

You've just made my entire point.
    Most gamers don't want an 'all-in-one' entertainment system. They want a gaming system, at least I do.

The online reaction from most gaming communities is that they'll be switching from an Xbox to a PS4. In the end thought, it all comes to the games - more importantly, used games. It sounds like MS may or may not charge you for installing a used game on your console, which pretty much blows.

To be fair, Sony hasn't said this, but they haven't clarified their stance yet either.

Edit: Also Sony's stock rose 10% after Microsoft's reveal....just saying.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 05-22-2013 at 07:42 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just checked out the Xbox website and it looks like Xbox and the NFL have an exclusive partnership for some content.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/l...viewing-052113

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Build a small form factor system.
    2. Get a Steam account.
    3. Pay less for games.
    4. Upgrade graphics/parts as needed.
    5. Enjoy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's funny that so many people feel the need to HATE one console and love the other. In no way before E3 can anyone make a fully educated decision about which is better. I am a huge nerd so I will be buying both, but until XBOX unveils their games and how they integrate with the neat features and until PS4 shows their hardware and exclusives I don't see how any truly neutral party can already have made up their mind.

XBOX is definitely taking some heat. I actually think the all in one features are awesome in their simplicity. Your cable box goes through the back and you can always have your console on with overlays on your tv and the ability to switch back to live tv in under a second. That's a big improvement. I can't wait til they announce what the NFL/XBOX partnership will bring. Having the ability to show animations/information over television is a powerful thing.

Their biggest problem is not focusing on the hardcore gamers. They are the ones that go to forums and cause the uproar that they now have. Microsoft should have known that by now. Show games. Get the Indie developers up there. Then at E3 you could have shown your plan to take over the living room.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    1. Build a small form factor system.
    2. Get a Steam account.
    3. Pay less for games.
    4. Upgrade graphics/parts as needed.
    5. Enjoy.
    THIS!

I can't stand the controllers on gaming systems; makes me n00b-like.
    KB and mouse, FTW. Literally.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a big PS3 fan, and never really like Microsoft for anything, gaming, OS, and peripherals. But I have to admit, kinnect blows Sony's stupid controllers away. I'm not one to want to use motion controllers anyway, so it's never been a deal breaker for me. But MS's proposed "IllumiRoom" looks like a real game changer, if they actually get it to market. Talk about creating an immersive experience. Pretty awesome stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2w-XqW7bF4

read about it here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/29/42...-for-next-xbox

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I've been a big PS3 fan, and never really like Microsoft for anything, gaming, OS, and peripherals. But I have to admit, kinnect blows Sony's stupid controllers away. I'm not one to want to use motion controllers anyway, so it's never been a deal breaker for me. But MS's proposed "IllumiRoom" looks like a real game changer, if they actually get it to market. Talk about creating an immersive experience. Pretty awesome stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2w-XqW7bF4

read about it here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/29/42...-for-next-xbox

The Kinect is not a controller, it's a camera, really.

I don't see know one controller is more 'stupid' over another, it's just a personal preference.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Xbox 360 > PS3. Although I don't play either of them much anymore I have owned both since their launches. The PS3 is a great blu-ray player and has a handful of truly great games. But Xbox has better exclusive games and offers a better online gaming experience. If someone had to choose between the two I would tell them to go with Xbox.

I don't expect this to change with the next generation of these consoles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    The Kinect is not a controller, it's a camera, really.

I don't see know one controller is more 'stupid' over another, it's just a personal preference.
    Ok, I guess. But isn't it a camera that ACTS as a controller, so you can play games with just body movement? If I was into that kind of gaming, I would think that's far more preferable than the (stupid) handheld devices Sony came up with to combat the Wii? Non?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Xbox 360 > PS3. Although I don't play either of them much anymore I have owned both since their launches. The PS3 is a great blu-ray player and has a handful of truly great games. But Xbox has better exclusive games and offers a better online gaming experience. If someone had to choose between the two I would tell them to go with Xbox.

Meh. What's lacking in Sony's on-line experience? Other than it being free.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that it went down for the better part of 2 months last year

To add, Xbox Live will be powered by 300,000 servers. That's incredible...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nerd and their "technology wars" are so funny. iPhone vs. Samsung, PS vs. XBox, Kenmore vs. Frigidaire...

it won't be funny when the latest "immersive gaming technology" takes over your brain and turns you into pasty drones at the onset of the War of teh MAchinez

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

They may have had better exclusives in the past, but outside of Halo and Gears, I don't think that is as much the case as it used to be.

I think early only the PS3 was getting its ass kicked (in many aspects, games, online ability, etc) by the 360 in many different aspects. Despite their outages recently, they have come a long way with their PS Network, and having the option for a premium service is nice, instead of MS's mandatory one.

The only thing thats missing from PSN is cross-game chat (confirmed for the PS4), and the ridiculous abundance of foul-mouthed pre-pubescent kids on XBL.

Nothing in my opinion really. Most of the games I play nowadays are single player anyway, I usually just go online to download demos or movies.

Sony made up for that mistake, in my opinion.
    Even to users like myself that doesn't pay for their premium membership they did give away some free games to pretty much everyone.

To me it seems that they are doing their best to repair past mistakes and build better relationships with their users.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is turning so ghey. never seen so many adult fanboys around here.

My Ode to Trolling