Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anchored putter banned in 2016....*****ES

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I have solved this problem.

I don't keeep score anymore.

Well then, how do you measure yourself against other golfers???

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Well then, how do you measure yourself against other golfers???
    LOLz....to easy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have solved this problem.

I don't keeep score anymore.

I love this:

Father in law: "What did you get?"

Me: "I have no idea.

FIL: " I think you got an 8."

Me: "OK"

Drives him nuts.
    Typical lib..... never accountable for results.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bowling

Do I get a prize?

Wimpy sport. Sorry, no prize for you one year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never understood why there needs to be the same exact rules for pros and amateurs. The pros should have a limit on head size, putting stroke, etc. And some golf rules are overly punitive as well. Hitting 3 from the tee when your drive is OB is overly harsh on most every 15+ handicapper. Also makes for really slow rounds.
    +1. If you can break 90 playing by the real rules of golf then you are a really good golfer.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    +1. If you can break 90 playing by the real rules of golf then you are a really good golfer.
    I cringe when I'm stuck behind a 4 some and 3 of the 4 guys are taking two balls off the tee every third hole because their first drive was sideways into a bush.

Just go drop somewhere and move on. It doesn't matter what color the fukking stake was, OK buddy?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Golf is funny.
    By funny do you mean coma-inducing boring?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cringe when I'm stuck behind a 4 some and 3 of the 4 guys are taking two balls off the tee every third hole because their first drive was sideways into a bush.

Just go drop somewhere and move on. It doesn't matter what color the fukking stake was, OK buddy?
    What about 4 hackers on the green "plumb-bobbing" each and every putt like its the 18th hole of the US Open?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    What about 4 hackers on the green "plumb-bobbing" each and every putt like its the 18th hole of the US Open?
    Especially when they aren't even keeping score!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This means the practice of dick-putting will no longer be permitted

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

On a public course..totally agree.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    On a public course..totally agree.
    ??? Why does it matter whether it's public or private??? Same game. Same rules.

(I belong to a CC but often play at many of the excellent public courses here on the Cape just for variety.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitting again on the tee is the rule, so that's how it should be played. However, those same hackers should pick up when they hit 4 over par and not take 12 strokes to get it in the cup on a par 4.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never understood why there needs to be the same exact rules for pros and amateurs. The pros should have a limit on head size, putting stroke, etc. And some golf rules are overly punitive as well. Hitting 3 from the tee when your drive is OB is overly harsh on most every 15+ handicapper. Also makes for really slow rounds.
    Are you also in favor of the 7 foot basket height for that weekend pickup game, and the 5 strike rule for the company softball games?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

(I belong to a CC but often play at many of the excellent public courses here on the Cape just for variety.)
    Hitting again on the tee is the rule, so that's how it should be played. However, those same hackers should pick up when they hit 4 over par and not take 12 strokes to get it in the cup on a par 4.
    Are you also in favor of the 7 foot basket height for that weekend pickup game, and the 5 strike rule for the company softball games?
    Lighten up Judge Smails.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally find it a bit awkward and inconsiderate to go BACK to the tee if I am OB for example or a lost ball re hit.

certain things on a crowded public course should be , IMO, waived for the sake of speed.

I belong to a club as well and everyone knowsnthenrules, hits provisionals etc.

But I see your point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I personally find it a bit awkward and inconsiderate to go BACK to the tee if I am OB for example or a lost ball re hit.

certain things on a crowded public course should be , IMO, waived for the sake of speed.

I belong to a club as well and everyone knowsnthenrules, hits provisionals etc.

But I see your point.
    Agree with walking back to tee. That's why our group always hits a provisional when in doubt.

I'm all in favor of speeding up the game. When I play on a public course here on season, 5 hour rounds aren't at all uncommon. Drives me crazy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    You are exactly the kind of guy who calls zone violations in his Saturday morning pickup game. And wears metal spikes in his beer league.
    Last edited by crasherino; 05-21-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are exactly the kind of guy who calls zone violations in his Saturday morning pickup game. And wears metal spikes in his beer league.
    Close. But not exactly. My spikes are for my Saturday morning pickup game.

Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-21-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    In truth, I caddied as a kid where I learned to respect the rules of the game. Golf is one of the few sports where players are expected to play with a code of conduct and police themselves.