Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anchored putter banned in 2016....*****ES

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    In truth, I caddied as a kid where I learned to respect the rules of the game. Golf is one of the few sports where players are expected to play with a code of conduct and police themselves.
    I caddied as a kid too, and the number one thing I learned was to respect the game whilst not being a humorless arsewipe.

Agree with walking back to tee. That's why our group always hits a provisional when in doubt.

I'm all in favor of speeding up the game. When I play on a public course here on season, 5 hour rounds aren't at all uncommon. Drives me crazy.
    OT...I played in our club championship last weekend. I am a 15. I shot a 37 on the front then the wheels fell off. shot a 46 on the back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    OT...I played in our club championship last weekend. I am a 15. I shot a 37 on the front then the wheels fell off. shot a 46 on the back.
    I'm generally happy when I do this. Dick.

As for the topic at hand, I used a long (50") putter for a season and found it to be accurate from 10' and in, but pretty inaccurate farther away from the cup. And it still didn't help me read greens or judge speed. If anchoring a putter really gave a competitive advantage, everyone would be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    I'm generally happy when I do this. Dick.

As for the topic at hand, I used a long (50") putter for a season and found it to be accurate from 10' and in, but pretty inaccurate farther away from the cup. And it still didn't help me read greens or judge speed. If anchoring a putter really gave a competitive advantage, everyone would be doing it.
    Not sure...is that a personal attack? Why? Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I caddied as a kid too, and the number one thing I learned was to respect the game whilst not being a humorless arsewipe.
    I wasn't aware that Crash was trying to bring the funny. Didn't work if he was, nor you either I guess. And didn't you see my hilarious "spikes" picture?

Clearly when you were a caddy you would kick the ball out of the rough for "tips".

Lol...that's what's so maddening about the freakin' game. One round I'm splitting every fairway and can't putt worth a damn, the next I'm spraying all over the place and sinking 20 footers.

Sucks you had a great round going and couldn't keep it going. One over on the front is other worldy in my mind. Yet in the end, you shot your handicap.

One of the reason why the game is slow is because people use the wrong tees. People who dont play a lot should not be playing the Tips or even the regular tees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not sure...is that a personal attack? Why? Dick
    Not at all. I was saying that I'd be happy with a 46, but on the front. It takes me 9 holes to warm up, so my score on the back had BETTER be lower than a 46.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by nj2socaljetsfan View Post
    One of the reason why the game is slow is because people use the wrong tees. People who dont play a lot should not be playing the Tips or even the regular tees.
    You know what else is slow? A thread about putters with 48, now 49, posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You know what else is slow? A thread about putters with 48, now 49, posts.

hater.

Not at all. I was saying that I'd be happy with a 46, but on the front. It takes me 9 holes to warm up, so my score on the back had BETTER be lower than a 46.
    I have never broken 80. I will this year. I am determined.

Working on my short game. All shots from within 100 yards.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    hater.
    I think we need a different opinion on this.

Where's 32G?

Jets Insider VIP
    I was saying that I'd be happy with a 46, but on the front. It takes me 9 holes to warm up,
    alright - the first non-gay post.

at least I think its not gay....

I have never broken 80. I will this year. I am determined.

Working on my short game. All shots from within 100 yards.
    I'm a 20 and 85 is rarified air for me, my all-time best, and only shot that once. I came close once to shooting in the 70s, at PGA West in Palm Springs, of all places. It's a punishing Pete Dye layout. So difficult, the pros complained about it so much, the tour stopped playing there. Thing was, it was one of the courses I played constantly on NES Tiger Woods Golf, and when I went to play it the first time, it was like I knew it like the back of my hand. I was playing so well, only 2 over for the front 9, and started the back bogie, par. On the 12th hole, named "Mote" for the waste area that bordered the entire left hole and surrounding the green, I kept my drive on the right side of the fairway. My second shot hit the front of the green, and just missed the flag. I hit it a bit thin, though, and it just rolled off the back of the green, and down a 25' embankment, nestled against famous Pete Dye railroad ties. Ten to get out and a 2 putt, for a carded 14. (Yes, we had a $50 Nassau going so we played then all out) What sucked so bad was I still played well after that hole, even getting a par on the island 17. Final score 87. If I was ever going to break 80, that was the day.

I'm a 20 and 85 is rarified air for me, my all-time best, and only shot that once. I came close once to shooting in the 70s, at PGA West in Palm Springs, of all places. It's a punishing Pete Dye layout. So difficult, the pros complained about it so much, the tour stopped playing there. Thing was, it was one of the courses I played constantly on NES Tiger Woods Golf, and when I went to play it the first time, it was like I knew it like the back of my hand. I was playing so well, only 2 over for the front 9, and started the back bogie, par. On the 12th hole, named "Mote" for the waste area that bordered the entire left hole and surrounding the green, I kept my drive on the right side of the fairway. My second shot hit the front of the green, and just missed the flag. I hit it a bit thin, though, and it just rolled off the back of the green, and down a 25' embankment, nestled against famous Pete Dye railroad ties. Ten to get out and a 2 putt, for a carded 14. (Yes, we had a $50 Nassau going so we played then all out) What sucked so bad was I still played well after that hole, even getting a par on the island 17. Final score 87. If I was ever going to break 80, that was the day.
    Cool story bro.

Tell us more about these famous Pete Dye railroad ties.

Apologies to Big L. This thread does suck NOW.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Cool story bro.

Someone giving you the play-by-play of their own round of golf is boring enough in real life.

Btw, I once met Pete Dye, and his son, and he invited me dad and I up to his house for lunch. But we were in the middle of 18 holes at the time. Beat that, *****es.

Cool story bro.

Okay Fatso, why not regale us with the story how you four putted because you couldn't get it past the friggin' windmill. And how you drowned your sorrows in donuts the next day.

Seriously, you're a miserable putz sometimes.

Okay Fatso, why not regale us with the story how you four putted because you couldn't get it past the friggin' windmill. And how you drowned your sorrows in donuts the next day.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...gotcha....we're in the Hampur Captain Serious !!!

Jets Insider VIP

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...gotcha....we're in the Hampur Captain Serious !!!
    You two need to have sex, post haste.

You two need to have sex, post haste.
    You're 100% right.

Just not with each other. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.