Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WILL MARTY M. UTILIZE McKNIGHT MORE THAN PREVIOUS OC'S ?

All League
    Anybody who Westhoff put back there was a good KR

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    =Joe Mcknight ran a 4.40 flat..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's one thing about McKnight is that he can fly, he was the number one RB recruit coming out of HS and everyone wanted him, he's no bum, the guy just never gets a chance, he makes a big play then gets shelved for three games, he can catch and run outside but at USC he was a north/south power runner, look at the highlights. This guy threw up in camp and that's what everyone remembers, nevermind that he's already established himself as one of the best KR's in the league. I'm glad we finally got an OC that can utilize a weapon like McKnight. course, they gotta teach him to hold on to that ball.
    He was not power runner at USC. Even in college, his ability to break tackles was mediocre at best. I've seen many highlights where he went down after just 1 arm tacked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by houyx; 05-25-2013 at 10:24 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    He IS a JAG. Tale a look at his statistics. In fact, based on his stats, he's less than a JAG.
    6 yards per carry last year. I guess that's a little under average.

I don't see what Rex has to do with who is in the game on offense though.

I'd like to see him get a shot, especially as a receiver.

I don't know what the G&P offense is. I know we ran a power blocking scheme, and I'm not even sure what type of passing offense Sporano ran. It surely wasn't suited to McKnight. Lots of deep drops, and slow developing routes, with max protect from players that could not block. It didn't suit anyone on the team. It kind of looks like we are going to go without any pass protection from RBs/TEs this year. We have no one that can do it still. I hope that means 3 step drops, and shotguns. McKnight could flourish in that type of offense. So could Eugene.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    6 yards per carry last year. I guess that's a little under average.

I don't see what Rex has to do with who is in the game on offense though.

I'd like to see him get a shot, especially as a receiver.

I don't know what the G&P offense is. I know we ran a power blocking scheme, and I'm not even sure what type of passing offense Sporano ran. It surely wasn't suited to McKnight. Lots of deep drops, and slow developing routes, with max protect from players that could not block. It didn't suit anyone on the team. It kind of looks like we are going to go without any pass protection from RBs/TEs this year. We have no one that can do it still. I hope that means 3 step drops, and shotguns. McKnight could flourish in that type of offense. So could Eugene.
    I really see it being possible.