Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Idzik shutting out the press?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I can only pray that this is the case. I would love for the Jets to return to the Parcells way of dealing with the media.
    Ditto!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cro is the best Playyy-aaahhhhhhhhh

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak10 View Post
    We're all on a messageboard of a team that hasn't won a championship in 40+ years, and currently has more question marks than starters.

Negativity is not the issue.

Its the ridiculous "gossip" like columns that come from your regular tabloid rag columnists.

So you're saying it was the media that persuaded Woody Johnson to acquire Brett Favre? Tim Tebow? Santonio Holmes? Braylon Edwards? Rex Ryan? Maybe it was Rich Cimini who stole Favre's phone and texted his schlong to Jenny Sterger? Manish Mehta must have secretly written "soon to be champs" on the ESPN bus and signed Rex's name. Or maybe Dan Leberfeld pissed in Santonio Holmes' Gatorade so he'd have to take himself out of that Miami game. You're right, the circus is completely manufactured by these tabloid guys. The Jets have done nothing to create it themselves. I'm convinced...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik is controlling the media. The media can't even make up stories anymore because they don't know what's true and what's not. They'll still take shots at the Jets, but it doesn't seem like it was.

If you can protect GS from the barrage of media crap, he has a chance to focus on football, instead of what happened to MS (partly - he still needs to shoulder the blame for his performance).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Cro is the best Playyy-aaahhhhhhhhh
    With 10 kids, he's the best player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    With 10 kids, he's the best player.
    With 10 kids, he's the best NYJ farm league manager.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    So you're saying it was the media that persuaded Woody Johnson to acquire Brett Favre? Tim Tebow? Santonio Holmes? Braylon Edwards? Rex Ryan? Maybe it was Rich Cimini who stole Favre's phone and texted his schlong to Jenny Sterger? Manish Mehta must have secretly written "soon to be champs" on the ESPN bus and signed Rex's name. Or maybe Dan Leberfeld pissed in Santonio Holmes' Gatorade so he'd have to take himself out of that Miami game. You're right, the circus is completely manufactured by these tabloid guys. The Jets have done nothing to create it themselves. I'm convinced...
    I don't think you understand my point. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with the team being criticized for bad moves (Tebow), bad plays..etc I do have a problem with the negative spin / gossip that comes out and seems to be solely about the Jets.

I watched all of the 1st round of the draft, flipping between Mayock and Kiper. Every player drafted 1-8, 10-12 and 13-32 was praised for what they'll hopefully bring to their new team.

Millner is drafted - first thing they talk about are the negatives...has no hands...bad positioning.

Next day Geno's drafted...same thing. The guy throws 6 picks all year...THEY SHOW ALL 6!! I don't trust most of the mainstream media when it comes to football news, bc they're gossip rags trying to sell papers. X's and O's doesn't sell papers. Putting a cartoon of rex dressed as a clow in the middle of August gets that done for them.

Then you try to bring up Leberfeld...LOL. This is the same guy that tried to sneak pictures of Bart Scott having a personal conversation with a female reporter.

As far as the moves you listed, hated Tebow from day 1. Favre had them at 8-3, Holmes for a 5th rounder helped get them to the champ game. Braylon was vilified for his DUI, meanwhile a Giants OL was let off easy by the media.

All in all, do I blame the media for EVERYTHING? Not at all, there is a lot of it that's brought on the Jets on their own. The problem I have is that for some reason, whenever they do anything nowadays the stories rarely revolve around how moves will reflect into X's and O's on the field, it turns into ridiculous gossip.