Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Namath on Smith/Sanchez

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You know, why don't you STOP with your whole "They're not real fans like ME..." garbage?!

YOU, SAR, are not a REAL FAN! You're the FARTHEST thing from it!
    You are simply a TICKET BROKER! NOTHING MORE!

And you are NOT rich, either, you are a joke, a clown, a JESTER.
    A PAINFULLY insecure, entry-level BMW LEASING BABY!

How many games are you going to, in your "Best seats in the house" this year????
    Oh, yeah... NONE!
    Selling your tickets for DOUBLE FACE, or at least trying your hardest to, yet "money is NO issue for SAR!"

Why don't you get lost already and try to pimp your "STELLAR SEATS" to opposing teams websites? Do everyone a favor.

OH, and one last thing. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE AND RUN TO A MOD CRYING ABOUT THIS "ATTACK" ???

I'd LOVE to have a drink with YOU...
    WTF, I lease a 3 series

the jets certainly could have used the pick on other positions but whether or not sanchez succeeds or not his contract will be up in a couple seasons. if he succeeds he will want big bucks. if he doesn't he will be launched. either way having a capable qb still under a rookie contract isn't a bad thing to have. if smith shows promise and sanchez succeeds then the jets could parlay smith into a draft choice. so all in all it wasn't a wasted pick unless they both stink it up.

but namath also has a point. the whole team wasn't executing very well. the receivers were spotty due to inexperience and injury and sanchez wasn't very comfortable in the pocket even though the oline was able to give him some protection. getting rid of moore and giving howard another season at rg should make things better and if the te's can replace keller then things could actually be much better. after all it's a team game and no one player can cause a teams downfall although if there was one such player it would be qb.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    correct

consider it open mic night at a very bad comedy club
    Man that would be great comedy.. Can you imagine a not all there guy getting up on stage reading in a serious forceful tone his point after point why it's not mark sanchez's fault why he is the worst qb in the nfl? I'd by on the floor within 2 mins..

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Long have I lain silent, absorbing the collective perspicacity, the very sapere aude of J.I. veterans such as yourself and others.

Only then was I able to contribute my meager ramblings to this community of dedicated Jets Fans.
    The new master of the bon mot?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Violent Conflict + Animal w/Fins = _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SAR I
    I know. Was just being facetious.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The new master of the bon mot?

I know. Was just being facetious.
    Do you see now what kind of trouble you get yourself into without the release (heh) that was afforded by the now defunct hotties thread? The resulting pressures are giving birth to a new Borgo.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Do you see now what kind of trouble you get yourself into without the release (heh) that was afforded by the now defunct hotties thread? The resulting pressures are giving birth to a new Borgo.
    It may finally be time to hand over the, er, baton, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    As a Jets fan any QB we have should have a quality OL, RBs who don't fall down by themselves when looked at and WRs who know which routes they are supposed to run.

Those are not excuses....
    And those points at their core have nothing to do with Sanchez, Tebow Smith or any other QB the Jets put out there...
    Yes, they are excuses. Any even competent QB knows better than to throw the ball when the receiver falls down. Sanchez puts it up for grabs anyway. When his receivers are open, his throws are so inaccurate that half the time they intercepted anyway.

We wouldn't be having this debate if Sanchez was doing two things:

1) Know when to throw the football away.
    2) Accuracy

You make it sound like it is all the teams fault. The rest of the team has faults, much moreso last season than in recent years, but Sanchez is definitely to blame for the majority. You can't count on always having perfect blocking, receivers, and RB's. Good QB's know how to improvise and that is something that Sanchez has never been able to do. Let alone raise the level of play from the other players.
    Last edited by Mainejet; 05-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The reporter certainly made it seem as if Namath was bashing Geno a bit, which was certainly not the case, but Namath was saying that the Jets wasted the pick when they already had Sanchez. That statement is still absolutely ludicrous.
    Agreed 100%, Sanchez led the league in turnovers the last 2 years - based on that, how could Joe possibly say that we didn't need to draft a QB? Strange.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Agreed 100%, Sanchez led the league in turnovers the last 2 years - based on that, how could Joe possibly say that we didn't need to draft a QB? Strange.
    The fickle fan base made him do those things. Get with the program.

It is a certain segment of NY Jets fandom and specifically some of the posters here on JI who are responsible for those interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    WTF, I lease a 3 series
    Not to be a dong or snobby, but I've never understood the incessant bragging about the car...I hope he knows that there are plenty of people who are much more wealthy than he. I suggested not talking about money because you never know who you're talking to, but he missed the point and called me poor (actually said didn't anyone ever tell you not to talk about your poverty). That's rule number one after your first bonus, you don't talk about it unless you did ****ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    You know, why don't you STOP with your whole "They're not real fans like ME..." garbage?!

YOU, SAR, are not a REAL FAN! You're the FARTHEST thing from it!
    You are simply a TICKET BROKER! NOTHING MORE!

And you are NOT rich, either, you are a joke, a clown, a JESTER.
    A PAINFULLY insecure, entry-level BMW LEASING BABY!

How many games are you going to, in your "Best seats in the house" this year????
    Oh, yeah... NONE!
    Selling your tickets for DOUBLE FACE, or at least trying your hardest to, yet "money is NO issue for SAR!"

Why don't you get lost already and try to pimp your "STELLAR SEATS" to opposing teams websites? Do everyone a favor.

OH, and one last thing. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE AND RUN TO A MOD CRYING ABOUT THIS "ATTACK" ???

I'd LOVE to have a drink with YOU...

I actually like SAR. He's a realist. He's sees bad where there is bad ( a lot) and recognizes the positives ( a few for sure).
    Based on things he has said, I am pretty sure he is loaded BTW.
    A good schtick too.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    I actually like SAR. He's a realist. He's sees bad where there is bad ( a lot) and recognizes the positives ( a few for sure).
    Based on things he has said, I am pretty sure he is loaded BTW.
    A good schtick too.
    He's one of several moderator/site administrator constructs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's one of several moderator/site administrator constructs.
    Except there are people that met him at games and it wasn't in the Matrix.. That's one hell of a construct ask Supe III..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Except there are people that met him at games and it wasn't in the Matrix.. That's one hell of a construct ask Supe III..
    Right. Like that was really SAR I.

Want another glass of the red Kool Aid?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Right. Like that was really SAR I.

Want another glass of the red Kool Aid?
    Can I have extra Vodka please..

SAR Bear is just an illuminati agent sent to us by the chief lizard officer. You almost got away with it, Sooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Can I have extra Vodka please..
    Let's go half on a bottle of your favorite.

Jets Insider VIP
    Joe hasnt been wrong in his assessment of the Jets in quite some time. I remember him getting killed last year about his comments about the team and by the end of the year he was right. 100% right. My guess is he will be right again.

So many inside jokes....

So little time....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Joe hasnt been wrong in his assessment of the Jets in quite some time. I remember him getting killed last year about his comments about the team and by the end of the year he was right. 100% right. My guess is he will be right again.
    Ummm what is even more astounding is that some of the same people who attacked Joe last year and were proven wrong; again have the gall to attack him in this thread!!!!