Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA UPDATES 5/22

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 9m
    Geno said he liked Roc Nation's connections within the city. Isn't concerned with the perception that he's more into glitz and glam. #nyj
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 14m
    Roc nation will rep Geno Smith #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 18m
    Sanchez said throwing an interception to Damon Harrison is your "worst nightmare" #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocomment View Post
    Anyone know whether Sheldon was lined up in a 3-4 or 4-3?
    They could line him up in a 1-10. He's gonna be a good one!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I don't care if you believe in MS or not... It's just that you've made the same tiresome post a million times. We get your point. It's annoying.

And btw, I will continue to root for Sanchez. It's what a true fan does. If he plays, and plays well, it could only be a positive for the Jets and their "fans".
    Exactly. I for one hope Smith is a mix between Montana and Vick. That doesn't stop me from hoping Sanchez in some way turns it around!!!

As a Jets fan we can't have to many quality players why is this so hard for some to understand.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are all Jet fans
    I'll leave it at that

Root for ALL the players

and ALL the coaches too

GO JETS
    Last edited by sg3; 05-22-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A 5th year vet, who was drafted 5th overall, completed a pass in OTAs and the sunshine crew rejoices.

Classic.
    Rotfl so. They were also quick to cover up that he threw a bad pick!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I've always though RT was Ducasses's best possible position to succeed.
    +1; downhill start for the big man

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Exactly. I for one hope Smith is a mix between Montana and Vick. That doesn't stop me from hoping Sanchez in some way turns it around!!!

As a Jets fan we can't have to many quality players why is this so hard for some to understand.
    Modern fans root for themsleves and not the team. Many on this board who proclaim that Player X sucks would rather that player eventually fail, and be right about their prediction, than see that player succeed and be proven wrong.

I was not a fan of Sanchez coming out of college. Didn't hate him or love him (much like the way i feel about Geno), but once he put on the green and white I wanted him to succeed and to be honest I still want him to succeed. Personally, i think he is broken but that doesn't stop me from rooting for him.

Some on this board can't root for players like Sanchez because then they have tied themselves to a sinking ship and will then look foolish when Sanchez eventually butt-fumbles again.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 9m
    Geno said he liked Roc Nation's connections within the city. Isn't concerned with the perception that he's more into glitz and glam. #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 14m
    Roc nation will rep Geno Smith #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 18m
    Sanchez said throwing an interception to Damon Harrison is your "worst nightmare" #nyj

Why is it Suckys worst nightmare? He does it quite frequently!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why is anyone surprised he threw a pick to Harrison? He threw two to the Miami NT in one game last year no?

God I hope Morningweg can teach this team how to throw screens. It's embarrassing how bad we are at it.

Good to hear that Richardson is getting notice early on.
    Sanchez is trying to unwind, loosen up and make magic; was he the only O to make a mistake??

I'm saying: Rex's D; versus a brand new O?

I'm with Ray - you don't pick rose buds; you wait till they finish growing

give the Cali kid a chance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates on the punting battle?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Any updates on the punting battle?
    @BrianCoz: Punter Ryan Quigley is in the locker formerly occupied by Tim Tebow.

Great insight by our fellow beat writers!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Sanchez is trying to unwind, loosen up and make magic; was he the only O to make a mistake??

I'm saying: Rex's D; versus a brand new O?

I'm with Ray - you don't pick rose buds; you wait till they finish growing

give the Cali kid a chance.
    Where the other QB's, a rookie QB, throwing behind a different line, running a different O or playing against a different D?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Modern fans root for themsleves and not the team. Many on this board who proclaim that Player X sucks would rather that player eventually fail, and be right about their prediction, than see that player succeed and be proven wrong.

I was not a fan of Sanchez coming out of college. Didn't hate him or love him (much like the way i feel about Geno), but once he put on the green and white I wanted him to succeed and to be honest I still want him to succeed. Personally, i think he is broken but that doesn't stop me from rooting for him.

Some on this board can't root for players like Sanchez because then they have tied themselves to a sinking ship and will then look foolish when Sanchez eventually butt-fumbles again.
    Conversely, some "fans", in order to defend their own personal Sanchez-Christ, have to de facto denounce and deny every other player on the team as bad and sucky.

Those fans don't root for the Jets. They root for Sanchez.

Happened with Pennington too.

I'll be clear, I don't think mark Sanchez is a pro-quality QB, nor do I believe he will prove himself to be going forward.

BUT....if he proves me wrong, and plays great and wins and leads us to the post-season on HIS play, not being carried by the RB and D like he was in years 1 and 2, I'll be the first here to say "I was wrong" and congratulate and thank Sanchez for his toughness in proving his doubters wrong and succeeding.

The Sanchezites.....well, we all know the vast majority of THEM will simply convert to being Smithites if Sanchez fails. After all, they were the same guys who were Pennngtonites before that, and O'Donnelites before that, etc, etc, etc. For every failed QB, they'll be fans who refuse to accept his failure as his own, and will blame everyone else for it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I support whomever is suited up on Sundays for the Jets. If Sanchez is on the field, I'll root for him.
    Some of us realize that when you draft a qb that high, it is in the best interest of your team for said qb to work out. If he does not, your team is in trouble. I can only speak for myself, but that is the reason why I have rooted for Sanchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The disservice the franchise did to itself was hiding him in plain sight the first two years. It gave some the impression that we had a talented youngster whereas in fact we had an inaccurate waste of time essentially whose shortcomings were hidden by a top-3 defense and really really good running game.

The key here is not that Sanchez is bad. The key here is that he has ALWAYS been bad. The statistics bear this out especially after drops and QB pressures are eliminated from the numbers. It is not htat we gave him weapons and then took them away again. He has always been awful and it is just that it was revealed in plain sight for everyone to see once when we asked him to start winning games for us. If that is his mandate again this year then he will once again be bad for the 5th year in a row.

Personally I think the benefits of a bad Sanchez outweigh the risks of putting Smith into the fire too early and possibly ruining him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because I want the team to go in a different direction than the downward spiral we have been on, helmed by MS, I'm not a fan. WRONG! That makes me a true fan, in that I want the best for this team realizing that this year may be sacrificed in order to achieve something greater in the future. MS did what he could here, he may go somewhere else and prove his worth out of the spotlight but in NYC it may be too bright for him. It's like the Yankee syndrome: They get this expensive player(J.Weaver) and he sucks in NYC gets traded and then reverts to a good player

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Conversely, some "fans", in order to defend their own personal Sanchez-Christ, have to de facto denounce and deny every other player on the team as bad and sucky.

Those fans don't root for the Jets. They root for Sanchez.

Happened with Pennington too.

I'll be clear, I don't think mark Sanchez is a pro-quality QB, nor do I believe he will prove himself to be going forward.

BUT....if he proves me wrong, and plays great and wins and leads us to the post-season on HIS play, not being carried by the RB and D like he was in years 1 and 2, I'll be the first here to say "I was wrong" and congratulate and thank Sanchez for his toughness in proving his doubters wrong and succeeding.

The Sanchezites.....well, we all know the vast majority of THEM will simply convert to being Smithites if Sanchez fails. After all, they were the same guys who were Pennngtonites before that, and O'Donnelites before that, etc, etc, etc. For every failed QB, they'll be fans who refuse to accept his failure as his own, and will blame everyone else for it.
    Dude. I go back to the Richard Todd/Matt Robinson Qb battle. I rooted as a 10 year old for both to do well, and today I root for BOTH GenoJet and Mark to do great things. It's better for the Jets if they are, and their choice is a difficult one.

There's no converting btw, you simply root for the friggin player that's in the game. Cool story though...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Dude. I go back to the Richard Todd/Matt Robinson Qb battle. I rooted as a 10 year old for both to do well, and today I root for BOTH GenoJet and Mark to do great things.
    Except only one can play, so they can't both do great things.

You can only have one QB on the field.

By the way, why do you seem to think my reply to Revischrist was aimed at YOU specificly, so much so you have to provide your fan resume? No one called you out unless you fit my descriptions.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    @BrianCoz: Punter Ryan Quigley is in the locker formerly occupied by Tim Tebow.

Great insight by our fellow beat writers!
    Fantastic, thanks, my next question was going to be "any updates on Tebow's former locker?" but I see Brian Coz truly knows what the fans want before we even ask.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Except only one can play, so they can't both do great things.

You can only have one QB on the field.

By the way, why do you seem to think my reply to Revischrist was aimed at YOU specificly, so much so you have to provide your fan resume? No one called you out unless you fit my descriptions.
    You said "those" and "they". I am one of "those" that roots for Sanchez. You should be one of those too.

And let me make this clear. I will root for GenoJet to be Joe Montana as well.