Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA UPDATES 5/22

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Conversely, some "fans", in order to defend their own personal Sanchez-Christ, have to de facto denounce and deny every other player on the team as bad and sucky.

Those fans don't root for the Jets. They root for Sanchez.

Happened with Pennington too.

I'll be clear, I don't think mark Sanchez is a pro-quality QB, nor do I believe he will prove himself to be going forward.

BUT....if he proves me wrong, and plays great and wins and leads us to the post-season on HIS play, not being carried by the RB and D like he was in years 1 and 2, I'll be the first here to say "I was wrong" and congratulate and thank Sanchez for his toughness in proving his doubters wrong and succeeding.

The Sanchezites.....well, we all know the vast majority of THEM will simply convert to being Smithites if Sanchez fails. After all, they were the same guys who were Pennngtonites before that, and O'Donnelites before that, etc, etc, etc. For every failed QB, they'll be fans who refuse to accept his failure as his own, and will blame everyone else for it.
    Agreed. It would be great if we could turn it around and win! I am tired of watching Super Bowls with no Jets!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Conversely, some "fans", in order to defend their own personal Sanchez-Christ, have to de facto denounce and deny every other player on the team as bad and sucky.

Those fans don't root for the Jets. They root for Sanchez.

Happened with Pennington too.

I'll be clear, I don't think mark Sanchez is a pro-quality QB, nor do I believe he will prove himself to be going forward.

BUT....if he proves me wrong, and plays great and wins and leads us to the post-season on HIS play, not being carried by the RB and D like he was in years 1 and 2, I'll be the first here to say "I was wrong" and congratulate and thank Sanchez for his toughness in proving his doubters wrong and succeeding.

The Sanchezites.....well, we all know the vast majority of THEM will simply convert to being Smithites if Sanchez fails. After all, they were the same guys who were Pennngtonites before that, and O'Donnelites before that, etc, etc, etc. For every failed QB, they'll be fans who refuse to accept his failure as his own, and will blame everyone else for it.
    This. I think Sanchez is a horrible football player and if he does start this season, we can expect more of the same. However, I'd love to be wrong. I'm a Jets fan, and not a fan of any individual player. I want the best player playing QB so the Jets can have success; it's a terrifying idea that Sanchez could be the team's best QB, but if he is, I'll support him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    You said "those" and "they". I am one of "those" that roots for Sanchez.
    Well, if you root for Sanchez over the Team, or root for Sanchez by blaming the rest of the team for his personal failings, well.....to me thats a bad fan.

You should be one of those too.
    Why? Just cause he wears the uniform? Sorry, no.

Sanchez is the worst QB in the NFL over his four years in the NFL. I root for ANYONE on our roster to beat him out in competition, because I don't believe in him in any form, and his play bears out my doubts to-date.

If he wins the job, and starts, then I'll root for him to help the team win, but I sure won't believe he'll help the team win till he proves he can. Thus far, he hasn't.

And let me make this clear. I will root for GenoJet to be Joe Montana as well.
    If you root for Smith to be Montana, you're not rooting for Sanchez, because Montana-Smith would beat him out and Sanchez would then be cut loose.

Sounds like you're rooting against Sanchez.

In any event, what Fans should root for is wins, not for players. Team > Player.

And if, on the odd chance Sanchez rises up Phoenix-like, and wins big....I'll be HAPPY to have been wrong and misjudged him.

Because wins/titles > my own ego/opinions.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-22-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Right now I'm rooting for Sanchez for one reason, so that he obtains a bit of trade value this year and we can get a pick for him from some dumb team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Right now I'm rooting for Sanchez for one reason, so that he obtains a bit of trade value this year and we can get a pick for him from some dumb team.
    I'd love to see that but I think that there is virtually no chance of it happening. In four years he hasn't shown anything that another team would give something up for.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    A 5th year vet, who was drafted 5th overall, completed a pass in OTAs and the sunshine crew rejoices.

Classic.
    Next week, Sanchez attempts to make toast. Let's wish the young man well in his quest.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Next week, Sanchez attempts to make toast. Let's wish the young man well in his quest.
    There needs to be an official hand over from Sanchez to Smith of the black book with the phone numbers of Victoria's Secret models.

These are the true keys to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    I'd love to see that but I think that there is virtually no chance of it happening. In four years he hasn't shown anything that another team would give something up for.
    He had his bit of playoff success. There is always some head coach or oc that thinks he can turn chicken S into chicken salad,

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    There needs to be an official hand over from Sanchez to Smith of the black book with the phone numbers of Victoria's Secret models.

These are the true keys to the city.
    LOL. I really like that concept. I'm available to act as steward of the book until a deal is brokered for the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Idk. Sanchez can't even finish a fart because it would be considered completing a pass.

Veteran
    Idk. Sanchez can't even finish a fart because it would be considered completing a pass.
    Haha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Charter JI Member

And.....let's get back on topic:

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 5m
    Seems we got a look at a more speed-oriented Jets front today. Sheldon at nose, Coples, Wilkerson DT. Barnes, Pace at OLB. #nyj
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h
    Stephen Hill stayed out today because of the knee rehab, trainer's orders. Did not sustain a new injury. #nyj
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2h
    Before leaving, Garrard gave Geno his contact information and told him to call if he ever needed anything. #nyj
    Last edited by IndianaJet; 05-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.

@ConorTOrrBefore leaving, Garrard gave Geno his contact information and told him to call if he ever needed anything. #nyj

@CnimbleyRichardson is lightning quick, ball was snapped & one move & a split second later & Richardson was right in the QBs face #jets

@CnimbleyBoth, but mostly Mangold & 1st stringers from what I saw RT @DrewfromJersey: Was Shel going against Mangold or the 2nd team OL?

Hall Of Fame
    Only day one but looks like Mangold and Harris are continuing their trends.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Only day one but looks like Mangold and Harris are continuing their trends.
    Thought it was day 2?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    And.....let's get back on topic:

Not encouraging that Hill's knee is swollen.

I don't see any irony between your post and your username AT ALL!!!

And Sanchez fvcking sucks, he's a loser, he will NEVER be good. Give it up you Sanchez sarry fools!
    What is wrong with you?! What are you WATCHING?!

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Modern fans root for themsleves and not the team. Many on this board who proclaim that Player X sucks would rather that player eventually fail, and be right about their prediction, than see that player succeed and be proven wrong.

I was not a fan of Sanchez coming out of college. Didn't hate him or love him (much like the way i feel about Geno), but once he put on the green and white I wanted him to succeed and to be honest I still want him to succeed. Personally, i think he is broken but that doesn't stop me from rooting for him.

Some on this board can't root for players like Sanchez because then they have tied themselves to a sinking ship and will then look foolish when Sanchez eventually butt-fumbles again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Just give it up. It's not happening.

Time to move on. The Jets front office has!

Hall Of Fame
    Thought it was day 2?
    Yikes. Things are worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Just give it up. It's not happening.

Time to move on. The Jets front office has!
    No you are totally incorrect and are thinking like the old jets would think. Idzik being the smart guy he is looks at every player as an asset and will attempt even if unsuccessful to get something for the guy. The same reason he held on to Tebow until after the draft, he thought he could get some late round pick perhaps.

You leave no stone unturned when adding assets to your team and bad managers toss guys away without doing diligence into seeing if they can get some value at all for them.

Sanchez is not in the plans for the NY Jets and will be gone, probably next year. A smart guy tries to shed the problem via a trade, a dumb manager assumes they will get nothing and cuts him out right before looking into it.

Jets have a decent season by some miracle and Sanchez actually doesn't stink and you have a resource.