Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA UPDATES 5/22

Sheldon Richardson has "fan favorite" written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Sheldon Richardson has "fan favorite" written all over him.
    Didn't you get the memo? Sheldon Richardson only looks good because mangold sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No you are totally incorrect and are thinking like the old jets would think. Idzik being the smart guy he is looks at every player as an asset and will attempt even if unsuccessful to get something for the guy. The same reason he held on to Tebow until after the draft, he thought he could get some late round pick perhaps.

You leave no stone unturned when adding assets to your team and bad managers toss guys away without doing diligence into seeing if they can get some value at all for them.

Sanchez is not in the plans for the NY Jets and will be gone, probably next year. A smart guy tries to shed the problem via a trade, a dumb manager assumes they will get nothing and cuts him out right before looking into it.

Jets have a decent season by some miracle and Sanchez actually doesn't stink and you have a resource.
    So you'd rather tank the season, stunt Geno's growth just on the outside chance some team is stupid enough to float a 6th rounder at us for Buttfumble? That's really sad. Only choice is to start Geno and see what you have.

Jets Desperately need a WR. Kerley is good. Holmes is a meltdown waiting to happen. Hill has high school WR hands. AND, they have ZERO tight ends.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is not even worth talking about. Any conversation about Mark Sanchez is irrelevant as he wont be on this team come the 2013 season.

This year is about evaluating Geno Smith for 16 games and Then making a decision on if we go forward with him or take a qb w/ the top 3 pick we will have in the 2014 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Kenneth O'Brien ‏@NYJET_Prime 20s
    Sounds like Sheldon is killing our oline. That's good, and bad at the same time.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2m
    Heavy pressure from Sheldon today, caused Geno to throw one Away, sacked him a second time. #nyj
    He looks great against the twos. (Not saying he won't look good against the ones, but important to remember when worrying about OLine).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This is not even worth talking about. Any conversation about Mark Sanchez is irrelevant as he wont be on this team come the 2013 season.

This year is about evaluating Geno Smith for 16 games and Then making a decision on if we go forward with him or take a qb w/ the top 3 pick we will have in the 2014 draft.
    oh how I hope you're right. However, you are merely surmising this to be the case. NOBODY outside the Jets' brain trust knows if this is the case. You've posted this same wishful thinking many times, in many threads as of it were fact. It's not. Unless you're privy to some inside information of which we are unaware, it might be smarter if you express this idea as a prediction, not as a fact. Again, I surely hope your wish comes true. But it's only a wish, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    He looks great against the twos. (Not saying he won't look good against the ones, but important to remember when worrying about OLine).
    According to Nimbley, Shel was primarily going against the ones.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    oh how I hope you're right. However, you are merely surmising this to be the case. NOBODY outside the Jets' brain trust knows if this is the case. You've posted this same wishful thinking many times, in many threads as of it were fact. It's not. Unless you're privy to some inside information of which we are unaware, it might be smarter if you express this idea as a prediction, not as a fact. Again, I surely hope your wish comes true. But it's only a wish, nothing more.
    When Mark was part of the plans under the old regime, Rex gave you, "Mark gives us the best chance to win."

Now, under a new regime that wants nothing to do with Mark, rex gives you this today, "Sanchez threw three interceptions in his 11 passes during today’s OTAs, and Ryan told reporters afterward that he considers that “unacceptable.” Ryan said Sanchez also made some good throws, but that Ryan feels the need to be candid enough to tell Sanchez when his mistakes are glaring."

Even the buffoon is smart enough to distance himself from the turnover machine.

The writing is on the wall my friends. Some of you must be illiterate.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez definitely has better calves.
    Yee Gods, can you see Geno's legs holding up in the NFl ?, those matchsticks do not inspire confidence ...

In an attempt to get back on topic of the OTA performances, I think the pick to damon harrison is extremely meaningful.

Sanchez has always been awful throwing screens (I believe he threw one on his first preseason possession every), we never really utilized the play (either due to coordinator or his skill set) and even after working on this offense with garcia he threw one today.

MM LOVES screen passes and if youre a QB who cant throw them I just dont see how you can be used in this offense.

Whats interesting is geno threw RB screens and bubble screens a ton at WVA which should be a leg up for him.

On a side note - I hope MM incorporates a few WVA plays into our offense to shorten the learning curve for Geno and increase his comfortability.

Veteran
    I completely agree. And I firmly believe that Sanchez does in fact suck. But Sanchez's futility seemed to bring that other poster some sort of joy and that is pretty fvcked up if you ask me.
    Weirdly I don't think Sanchez quite sucks he is just very average ...
    I think the kid had a meltdown last year and it is not looking like he has recovered from it...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Anybody know what Sanchez' career TD/Int ratio is during OTA's?

Good question CS, I would like to see a comparison ...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Dude. I go back to the Richard Todd/Matt Robinson Qb battle. I rooted as a 10 year old for both to do well, and today I root for BOTH GenoJet and Mark to do great things. It's better for the Jets if they are, and their choice is a difficult one.

There's no converting btw, you simply root for the friggin player that's in the game. Cool story though...
    Agreed, it's silly to say that x player sucks until he doesn't suck and now you are a big fan ... support the team, you're allowed to have favorites but this p*ssin' on players while still keeping an option to suddenly be their biggest fan if their fortune improves is a little ridiculous ...

Remove the :large from the URL.

I see fear in Mark's eyes.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Great thread. This is turning into a real classic.

Let's see, our players are practicing against themselves (cue Allen Iverson and his "practice!" comments). Thus, when one guy looks good, the guy he was going up against typically looks bad....meaning we're looking at 50% success and 50% failure on lots of plays. A horrible pick by Sanchez, but a good play by the defensive lineman. A great "sack" by Richardson = our OLine sucks.

Sure, we've got things to worry about and work on. This was a 6-10 team afterall and we know the QB situation is unsettled and suboptimal....but the calendar reads May right now. As my kids say, "just chillax"!

We've got friggen Cimini turning into the voice of reason and talking Jets fans off the ledge. Unbelievable.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Great thread. This is turning into a real classic.

Let's see, our players are practicing against themselves (cue Allen Iverson and his "practice!" comments). Thus, when one guy looks good, the guy he was going up against typically looks bad....meaning we're looking at 50% success and 50% failure on lots of plays. A horrible pick by Sanchez, but a good play by the defensive lineman. A great "sack" by Richardson = our OLine sucks.

Sure, we've got things to worry about and work on. This was a 6-10 team afterall and we know the QB situation is unsettled and suboptimal....but the calendar reads May right now. As my kids say, "just chillax"!

We've got friggen Cimini turning into the voice of reason and talking Jets fans off the ledge. Unbelievable.
    +10000

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    When Mark was part of the plans under the old regime, Rex gave you, "Mark gives us the best chance to win."

Now, under a new regime that wants nothing to do with Mark, rex gives you this today, "Sanchez threw three interceptions in his 11 passes during today’s OTAs, and Ryan told reporters afterward that he considers that “unacceptable.” Ryan said Sanchez also made some good throws, but that Ryan feels the need to be candid enough to tell Sanchez when his mistakes are glaring."

Even the buffoon is smart enough to distance himself from the turnover machine.

The writing is on the wall my friends. Some of you must be illiterate.
    illiterate? hardly. you're still predicting based on nothing more than conjecture and your wishes. In other words, your post is nothing more than a hope.

You know people are losing it when Richard Alec Cimini is the voice of reason.

IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    So you'd rather tank the season, stunt Geno's growth just on the outside chance some team is stupid enough to float a 6th rounder at us for Buttfumble? That's really sad. Only choice is to start Geno and see what you have.
    And I didn't even have to say it! Was to be precisely my response.

Sanchez, AT BEST, would look MAYBE equal to the disaster he was last year, his FOURTH YEAR...
    And you "Gimme Sanchez One More Time" folks think he's gonna just magically be better?!
    This Offense is WAY harder than anything he can possibly handle.
    He is NOT a QB, he NEVER was, and he NEVER will be!
    If you think HE has a chance then you have to say that TEBOW does, too!

Nobody wants Tebow, and NOBODY is gonna want Sanchez! It's done, it's over. And it's NOT EVEN YOUR MONEY!

Idzik knew he had to deal with this deadweight and it's gonna be FINE!
    We made it through Vernon Gholston, did we not?!