Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: OTA UPDATES 5/22

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Wtf are you talking about ... He is slow as shiiiiit and would get raped by any competent DE.
    No he isn't slow as ****. He's not too bright and thus the fact that you have to think a bit playing guard because you have to adjust to both the center and the tackle is tougher for him. At RT you worry about one guy normally.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    McGinley? Mother of God, prepare yourself for 30 TDs/5k yards. I'M READY, COACH.
    Droppin TD'zzzzz all ova der faces breh!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I've been following the Jets since 1973 and I have to say that I feel rather philosophical when it comes to the issue of SB droughts. If the Jets won a SB 20 years ago, I don't think it would make me feel any better or worse about what I was going to experience in the coming year... with sports it's frankly all about the Now. Wins in the past don't help us root for tomorrow's team, and losses in the present don't destroy all hope that with change we will have another shot. If you haven't got some sense of perspective that this is all supposed to be fun and a sport, I feel sorry for you. If you look at it as a financial investment that has to pay off, or a major factor in your personal happiness, you're frankly insane and nobody can help you. Relax, be happy. Good days will come.
    I will respectfully disagree about the past effecting how we feel about things to come (if I am reading that correctly).

I would love to talk about positive things. Unfortunately the past two years have been largely negative when it comes to the Jets and being a fan. Has nothing to do with personal happiness or lack of perspective. I think people (not saying you) that make those assumptions are taking a huge and borderline ignorant leap. I assume everyone here realizes that is it just a game and essentially a distraction from real life. Goes without saying. But the tone of the discussion is related to the team's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Droppin TD'zzzzz all ova der faces breh!
    I'm the franchise QB the Jets deserve, but not the one they need right now. So they'll boo me...because I can take it...because I'm not a hero...I'm something more...I'm a silent leader, a watchful signal caller...I'm anything but Mark Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    There are "terrible" fans on every board and in every stadium... Ray Ray's contention that "you look across the league and don't see people acting like SOJFs" is just blatantly false, EVERY team has b*tchy fans.
    Absolutely true but SOJF's have made it into a Art Form..

I assume today's practice is closed to the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Spoken like a man who has no regular, long-term experience living outside New York or interacting with "other fans" and in othe rmedia markets.

And you would be wrong.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Weirdly I don't think Sanchez quite sucks he is just very average ...
    I think the kid had a meltdown last year and it is not looking like he has recovered from it...
    If he is "average," who is below average? Every year he is at the bottom of virtually every statistical category. You are much nicer than I am.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Tebow may suck but when the Broncos devised a gameplan and modified an offense to his strengths - he looked semi capable. If the Jets were ever allowed to do the same for one of their QB's they also might succeed.

Bringing in MM and David Lee opens the door for that possibility. Those who have given up on Sanchez might be surprised when he looks better in an offense designed around his strengths - something MM is good at. For 4 years Sanchez was forced into a system that was about as ill suited as a thong at a weight watchers meeting.
    The west coast offense is not suited to Sanchez's skills -- much to the contrary. He is an extremely poor short and touch passer.

Go and visit a KC Chiefs forum. Or a Chargers forum. Hell, go to a Pats forum, there are "bad fans" running amok all over there as well. They are quick to rip every player and team move just as much as the Jets. Every forum sounds the same. Get off your high horse and stop pretending like Jets fans are some special group of hate-mongering, unappreciative fans. There are just as many "same old browns fans" and "same old jaguars fans" as there are SOJFs. Sorry, you are not special.

Also, there's nothing special about playing QB in a big market in the NFL outside of outside marketing opportunities. Two of the most popular and marketable QBs in recent years have played in Indianapolis and Green Bay.
    My high horse? GFY Pats troll, don't come to a Jets forum and tell a Jets fan what to think or say.

I offered opinion, there was nothing high and mighty about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    The west coast offense is not suited to Sanchez's skills -- much to the contrary. He is an extremely poor short and touch and in fact all around passer.
    fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Spoken like a man who has no regular, long-term experience living outside New York or interacting with "other fans" and in othe rmedia markets.

Agreed. Here in Charlotte, the fans are VERY down on management and front office.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    If he is "average," who is below average? Every year he is at the bottom of virtually every statistical category. You are much nicer than I am.
    there was once a study done on driving in norway or sweden. drivers were asked if they think they're an above or below average driver. 90% said above average.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will respectfully disagree about the past effecting how we feel about things to come (if I am reading that correctly).

I would love to talk about positive things. Unfortunately the past two years have been largely negative when it comes to the Jets and being a fan. Has nothing to do with personal happiness or lack of perspective. I think people (not saying you) that make those assumptions are taking a huge and borderline ignorant leap. I assume everyone here realizes that is it just a game and essentially a distraction from real life. Goes without saying. But the tone of the discussion is related to the team's performance.
    That's fair enough. I just don't get the "we haven't won a SB in 40 years" deal. I really don't care and don't find that relevant to anything. What I do care about as a fan is what's been happening lately. On that we certainly agree. My comments are really overstated for effect... There are some posters here who seem to take this all way way too seriously, as if their well-being depended on the Jets' success. That's a bit juvenile for my tastes, but if that's how some want to live, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    My high horse? GFY Pats troll, don't come to a Jets forum and tell a Jets fan what to think or say.

I offered opinion, there was nothing high and mighty about it.
    You feel some bizarre need to lecture every fan who doesn't agree with you, and your main weapon is the "SOJF". Well, there are same old Raiders fans, same old Falcons fans, etc. The Jets are nothing special in their quest for a Super Bowl.

Whatever. You have a bigger complex than those you call out. It's this weird, innate instinct you have. It drives you insane to see people talking negatively about the Jets. Like, you HAVE to put them in their place. Just have to. They can't be allowed to be SOJFs. It's a weird personal crusade.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-23-2013 at 01:43 PM.

You feel some bizarre need to lecture every fan who doesn't agree with you, and your main weapon is the "SOJF". Well, there are same old Raiders fans, same old Falcons fans, etc. The Jets are nothing special in their quest for a Super Bowl.

Whatever. You have a bigger complex than those you call out. It's this weird, innate instinct you have. It drives you insane to see people talking negatively about the Jets. Like, you HAVE to put them in their place. Just have to. They can't be allowed to be SOJFs. No no no no no.
    Most likely, Avoidant Personality Disorder

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't know, I don't think it's any worse that it's ever been tbqh.

Sure, we have our share of trolls and cult-of-personality guy who crave the attention or have an E-persona they need to keep cultivating, thats the Interwebtubes for you.

But I think more commonly, we have guys with passionate positions who get all over-the-top putting them out there, and (at times) then find themselves forced to either defend them or backeddle, and very few people backpedal or admit they were wrong on the Interwebtubes.

Combine with longstanding clashes of personalities from debates of yore, and you got the typical J.I. thread, 10% legit solid content, 40% former grudges, previously stated opinions, flip-flops hoping no one notices, and 50% pointless one-liners and insults.

The quality rises to the top IMO, and I think most regulars will know who to read (and not read) when they want serious football opinion/discussion here.
    No, it's much worse than it's ever been. It's a shame; this sight has deteriorated over the last few years, not because Sean is not managing it correctly. More likely because of the large contingency of Jets "fans" that have joined / signed up over the past 3-4 years and their views of what's note or post worthy.

As a famous detective once said "just the facts mam" should be the mantra around here instead of the constant one-upmanship that seems to prevail among the masses.

And itís not just the newer members. There are a few old timers that donít seem to have much else to do, you know the ones; millionaire wannabes, Jet homers, basement duelers with 40K posts, andÖ.you get the point.

But there is the occasional Jets football article or discussion that keeps some of us around, even if in the shadows!

Folks,
    In re to fans and management giving players and staff enough time to develop. I will agree, in this day and age of instant everything right now mentality, often time we are to quick to judge.
    Yet, on a case by case bases I would think most here would have to agree that Mark's four years as a starter, was more then enough time to draw strong conclusions as to his abilities and upside.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    No, it's much worse than it's ever been. It's a shame; this sight has deteriorated over the last few years, not because Sean is not managing it correctly. More likely because of the large contingency of Jets "fans" that have joined / signed up over the past 3-4 years and their views of what's note or post worthy.

As a famous detective once said "just the facts mam" should be the mantra around here instead of the constant one-upmanship that seems to prevail among the masses.

And itís not just the newer members. There are a few old timers that donít seem to have much else to do, you know the ones; millionaire wannabes, Jet homers, basement duelers with 40K posts, andÖ.you get the point.

But there is the occasional Jets football article or discussion that keeps some of us around, even if in the shadows!
    Good thing you said 40 you could have hurt my feelings..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Good thing you said 40 you could have hurt my feelings..
    Funny, you know you are not on the ignore list! I always get a kick from your posts and besides, who has a better avatar?