Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Won tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty B****es!!!

Jets Insider VIP

Won tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty B****es!!!

I went in to work a little late this morning because I was out late after seeing Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at the Beacon last night. It was an incredible show and Petty played a lot of deep cuts and even some great covers like Friend Of The Devil.

Anyway, my wife calls me and said that Q104 called and told her I won a contest. I had no idea what she was talking about. I asked what I had won and she said 2 tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty @ the iHeartRadio Theater in the city. Then I remembered filling out a contest form a few weeks back. Something I almost never do.

I've never been to the iHeartRadio Theater before but it only holds 200 people and it is by invitation only.

Hall Of Fame
    Petty puts on a GREAT show! Puts Joe Bonnaroo to SHAME!

And not total dicks, either!

Friend of the Devil cover too?! SWEET!

Hall Of Fame

Friend of the Devil - Beacon Theater 5-21-13

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I went in to work a little late this morning because I was out late after seeing Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at the Beacon last night. It was an incredible show and Petty played a lot of deep cuts and even some great covers like Friend Of The Devil.

Anyway, my wife calls me and said that Q104 called and told her I won a contest. I had no idea what she was talking about. I asked what I had won and she said 2 tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty @ the iHeartRadio Theater in the city. Then I remembered filling out a contest form a few weeks back. Something I almost never do.

I've never been to the iHeartRadio Theater before but it only holds 200 people and it is by invitation only.
    Sounds like a time-share or multi-level marketing scam

Hall Of Fame

WOW! Willin!!! I love this song!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Awesome stuff, CCR was always one of my favorites, and he had a pretty good solo career too.

They can't play "Eye Of The Zombie" enough, imo.

Uh, if you're wife can't go.....er, um....

All League
    I'm sorry.

Very NICE!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Sounds like a time-share or multi-level marketing scam
    Lolz, for reals.

Have fun Cross!

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm sorry.
    +1

Fogerty's arrogance has annoyed me since he quarreled with/abandoned his bandmates. WTF has this dunce done the last 40 years?
    Yeah, keep singing "Proud Mary".

One more thing: Tune your f**king guitar.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Uh, if you're wife can't go.....er, um....
    ghey code

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

I always go with "intonate your f**king guitar" - although not the same, sounds more intellectual.

Jets Insider VIP

Thats great..... will that include the meet and greet?

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Fogerty's arrogance has annoyed me since he quarreled with/abandoned his bandmates. WTF has this dunce done the last 40 years?

Wow..all the Borgo anger Its not like he's going to see Steeley Dan or have sex with Hanna Storm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqY7e4bP9PQ

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I always go with "intonate your f**king guitar" - although not the same, sounds more intellectual.
    Does sound cool.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wow..all the Borgo anger Its not like he's going to see Steeley Dan or have sex with Hanna Storm.
    LOL. I hate seeing pompous tools succeed on any level. My only wish is that Fogerty had been working in a car wash for the last 40 years whilst
    his former bandmates had become stars on their own.

+1

I've always had an interest in Fogerty ever since he was sued for plagiarizing his own song, and it became a celebrated case, one that is still discussed today in Copyright classes in law schools. I forget what entity owned the rights to all his songs (Fogerty was not the best money manager during his hey day to say the least), but when Fogerty wrote and produced a new song, Old Man Down The Road, the owner of the rights to his older songs sued him for plagiarizing Run Through The Jungle. Fogerty prevailed in court because the jury or judge decided that you can't copyright "style" and Fogerty's style is what made the songs somewhat similar.

Here's a very good read on the background to this landmark copyright infringement case:

Creedence broke up for good in late 1972, leaving John Fogerty owing eight more records to his label, Fantasy. Deeply unhappy with his financial situation (which included a failed tax-shelter arrangement), Fogerty refused to honor the rest of the Fantasy contract. David Geffen's Asylum Records agreed to buy him out for $1 million. In exchange, the singer relinquished his publishing rights to Fantasy -- a deal that would come back to haunt him.

Realizing he would have to pay Fantasy owner Saul Zaentz performance rights to play his own CCR compositions, Fogerty stopped singing them onstage. In 1985, recording for Warner Bros., he had a comeback hit with the album 'Centerfield.' However, the album's success was undercut by Zaentz, who sued for copyright infringement, claiming that Fogerty's hit song 'The Old Man Down the Road' plagiarized CCR's 'Run Through the Jungle.' Fogerty was being sued for copying his own song.

The courts ultimately decided in Fogerty's favor, though Zaentz still got a measure of satisfaction. Fogerty had to settle another suit out of court, a defamation charge for his thinly veiled attack 'Zanz Kant Danz,' a song about a thieving pig.

Not surprising, all the litigation and financial troubles tore out the heart of the band. When Tom Fogerty died of complications from AIDS, contracted from a blood transfusion, he had not been on speaking terms with his brother for years. When CCR were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993, Cook and Clifford (who would soon tour together as Creedence Clearwater Revisited) were barred from the stage. Tom Fogerty's wife brought his ashes in an urn.
    CCR was as big a mess as the NYJets front office.
    Last edited by Dcat; 05-23-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I've always had an interest in Fogerty ever since he was sued for plagiarizing his own song, and it became a celebrated case, one that is still discussed today in Copyright classes in law schools. I forget what entity owned the rights to all his songs (Fogerty was not the best money manager during his hey day to say the least), but when Fogerty wrote and produced a new song, Old Man Down The Road, the owner of the rights to his older songs sued him for plagiarizing Run Through The Jungle. Fogerty prevailed in court because the jury or judge decided that you can't copyright "style" and Fogerty's style is what made the songs somewhat similar.

Here's a very good read on the background to this landmark copyright infringement case:

CCR was as big a mess as the NYJets front office.
    Thanks, Dcat. Fogerty has always been a self-important, miserable prick. And it's not just me saying it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Its not like he's going to see Steeley Dan or have sex with Hanna Storm.
    if i was granted three wishes, those might be two of them

cool story CCRO

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Big L.....Top 10?