Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Won tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty B****es!!!

  1. #21
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Way to rain on crossfire's parade everyone.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    when Borg hates something he REALLY hates it

  3. #23
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Way to rain on crossfire's parade everyone.
    The only sure way for everyone here to be nice to your post is have it be about your dead dog.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    John Fogerty >>> Gary Moore

    Someone had to say it.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Timeshare written all over it.


    With Fogerty going full sell out. "Put me in coach...I'm ready to pay, today!"


    Or "I see interest rates a risin!....there's a condo that's so right"

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Yep. Timeshare written all over it.


    With Fogerty going full sell out. "Put me in coach...I'm ready to pay, today!"


    Or "I see interest rates a risin!....there's a condo that's so right"

    could be like infamous you've won "Meet and Greet with the Mets!"

    to round up people with outstanding warrants

  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,064
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    The only sure way for everyone here to be nice to your post is have it be about your dead dog.
    good god man, lately you've been using that sad emoticon like you're getting ten dollars a pop.

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's all relative
    Posts
    2,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Big L.....Top 10?
    Respectfully decline.

    I don't want to then endure the southslide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Way to rain on crossfire's parade everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    The only sure way for everyone here to be nice to your post is have it be about your dead dog.
    LOLz!

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    742 Evergreen Terrace
    Posts
    10,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    could be like infamous you've won "Meet and Greet with the Mets!"

    to round up people with outstanding warrants

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Way to rain on crossfire's parade everyone.
    Yes... I'm very f*ckin' sensitive B****es!!!

  11. #31
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Thanks, Dcat. Fogerty has always been a self-important, miserable prick. And it's not just me saying it.
    Blah blah blah - Saul Zaentz is just like Sharon Osbournes father (robbing Black Sabbath blind), a goddammn crook.

    "Cosmos Factory" paid for this 6-story media monstrosity (2 blocks from the greatest tennis courts in Berkeley). Saul Zaentz DID not make money selling jazz rekkids; I believe "The English Patient" was the only other $$$ maker he backed...


  12. #32
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL creedence condo revival

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,172
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome tags

  14. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Blah blah blah - Saul Zaentz is just like Sharon Osbournes father (robbing Black Sabbath blind), a goddammn crook.

    "Cosmos Factory" paid for this 6-story media monstrosity (2 blocks from the greatest tennis courts in Berkeley). Saul Zaentz DID not make money selling jazz rekkids; I believe "The English Patient" was the only other $$$ maker he backed...
    My comments were in no way related to Fogerty's business dealings. I never liked how he put himself above his bandmates, one of which was his late brother.

    Fogerty wanted all the accolades, publishing and money. F**k everyone else.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Breckenridge, CO
    Posts
    3,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL creedence condo revival
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Awesome tags
    lookin' out my backdoor thread!! genius!

  16. #36
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I went in to work a little late this morning because I was out late after seeing Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers at the Beacon last night. It was an incredible show and Petty played a lot of deep cuts and even some great covers like Friend Of The Devil.

    Anyway, my wife calls me and said that Q104 called and told her I won a contest. I had no idea what she was talking about. I asked what I had won and she said 2 tickets to see a private concert by John Fogerty @ the iHeartRadio Theater in the city. Then I remembered filling out a contest form a few weeks back. Something I almost never do.

    I've never been to the iHeartRadio Theater before but it only holds 200 people and it is by invitation only.
    It's an amazing place. you're gonna love it. I've seen Heart and the Smashing Pumpkins there. Sound is incredible.

    And for those who think it's fake, it is not.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL creedence condo revival
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Awesome tags


    Agreed.

  18. #38
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    29,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VINNYT View Post
    It's an amazing place. you're gonna love it. I've seen Heart and the Smashing Pumpkins there. Sound is incredible.

    And for those who think it's fake, it is not.
    I bet it will be fantastic; I have seen TP & Heartbreakers when they had a week straight at the fillmore. 1997 I believe. We kid crossfire because he's got a badass sense of humor.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I bet it will be fantastic; I have seen TP & Heartbreakers when they had a week straight at the fillmore. 1997 I believe. We kid crossfire because he's got a badass sense of humor.
    As crazy as he was, Wiggles alliance aside, Fogarty is one of the true rnr greats.

    He has mellowed out quite a bit, his recent PBS special where he played requests was quite a change from the old days

    Bad Moon Rising...one of the handful of songs that after I heard the first few notes knew was a #1-of course I ran out an' bought it...the flip was good enough to be a hit too

    From Beatles pastiche

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uecECrTLM

    to a unique sound almost fully formed (the closing riff lto GLORIA lifted midway):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9E1c58fhhs

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,670
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    lookin' out my backdoor thread!! genius!
    SUCK ITS LOSERS!!!

    IM STILL FUNNY.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us