Thread: Chuck Norris Believes in Tebow

Jets Insider VIP

Chuck Norris Believes in Tebow

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/05/...legend-in-nfl/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Here’s a new Chuck Norris fact: he’s a huge Tim Tebow fan.

Petitions to the White House, a Florida lawyer’s advertising blitz, and now Walker, Texas Ranger.

Tebow may not have a job, but he still has some fighters in his corner.

“Tebow is a player who rises to the occasion and delivers big in critical moments. He reminds me of myself when I used to compete in martial arts,” Norris wrote of the quarterback in a column for Newsbusters.org. “I would spar with my black belts in class, and sometimes they would outscore me. Yet in the tournaments, I would defeat them. My students used to ask me, ‘Why is it that we can contend equally against you in class but can’t beat you in the tournaments?’ My answer was always the same: ‘When it counts, I rise to the occasion.’

“The same is true of the former Heisman Trophy winner: When pressure mounts and the game is on the line, Tim’s turbo turns on.”

The 73-year-old actor believes Tebow “could be a superstar and legend in the NFL,” saying he’s “a natural leader, an amazingly gifted football player, an inspiration to his team and the possessor of intense determination and strategy to bring any team to victory — no matter what the odds.”

He also coined the term UCP: ultimate clutch players.

And yes, Norris said Tebow is “one of the best among the NFL’s UCP.”

Tebow was released by the Jets last month after one unsuccessful and disappointing season in New York. The 25-year-old hasn’t received any bites in the NFL, and some believe his best shot to continue playing would be in the Arena Football League.

“No warrior can prove his worth if kept from the battlefield,” Norris wrote of Tebow, who has a playoff win under his belt with the Denver Broncos.

So which team should he play for?

Chuck wants to see the former Florida Gators star signed by his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars.

But the Jaguars haven’t wavered on their position to pass on Tebow. Something tells us this is a fight even Norris can’t win.

“Why? To put it simply, it’s because Tim could help turn that mediocre team into a championship one,” he wrote. “Tebow works miracles on the field. … I guarantee they would see positive results.”

If Chuck Norris believes in Tebow then we MUST sign him.
    Or else we risk a round house kick to the head.

Yet nobody with a job on the line does. I'll stick with the GMs and HCs of the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    If Chuck Norris believes in Tebow then we MUST sign him.
    Or else we risk a round house kick to the head.
    While I agree Tebow is not a NFL QB he did win a playoff game something a former Jet QB never did.. Can you name him?? Here's another clue the only starting QB in Jet history that never had a rushing td..

All League
    Tebow can work even better magic on the field in a movie script.

That's something Norris should jump on.

Sounds like a great movie.

An NFL qb held ransom by North Korea. The only man who can get him out is Chuck Norris but Chuck is captured and they are forced to play a game of football to the death. Chuck with his 73 year old reflexes and Tebow with his "off the chart intangibles". Sounds like the movie to knock Star Trek off the top spot this week.

All Pro
    This changes everything.

Veteran
    I'd rather sign Chuck Norris.

Perhaps J.I. needs a special subforum for discussion on non-Jet players doing non-Jet things that do not affect the Jets in any way whatsoever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Perhaps J.I. needs a special subforum for discussion on non-Jet players doing non-Jet things that do not affect the Jets in any way whatsoever.

I think they call it the Hamper??

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Jimmy Trivette played for the Boys before a shoulder injury sidelined his career. He and Walker were tight, so Cordell may be onto something here.

Jets Insider VIP
    More tebow talk. Yes!

Maybe we can get a rich cimini and Francessa sucks threads too.

kellen clemens> chuck norris

better watch my back now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T-ehXC1Ohc

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    I'd rather sign Chuck Norris.
    /Thread.

All League
    All these religious nuts stick together.