Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Jet Says Sanchez Should Be Benched

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Geno Smith really shouldn't be speaking with reporters off the record.
    LOL.... and I was thinking of saying the same thing about Phil Simms

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Trade this guy for a new gatorade dispenser, and 15 injections of cortisone.

Rex Ryan, right the ship man, right it.
    A gatorade dispenser? Never start negotiations high, man!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    "Sanchez struggled through a disastrous Wednesday practice lowlighted by three interceptions and general chaos, a display coach Rex Ryan classified as "unacceptable" and a "disappointment."

This is complete BS totally conflicts with everything published and Rex's presser that is posted on the Jets site now. Rex actually said a lot of good things happened but the turnovers were unacceptable, for both QBs.

There was no mention of general chaos anywhere that I saw.
    The guy had three interceptions in 11 reps. How the hell is that anything but a disaster?

Trade this guy for a new gatorade dispenser, and 15 injections of cortisone.

Rex Ryan, right the ship man, right it.

Rex couldn't even squash the last two toxic locker rooms in '11 & '12.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

I REALLY like Rex the person, so im trying to bare with him through these learning pains.

Of course its a huge market, blah blah blah, Rex cant stop players 1st right amendments, but its a clear pattern here under Rex's watch.

Fix it or leave.

I REALLY like Rex the person, so im trying to bare with him through these learning pains.

Of course its a huge market, blah blah blah, Rex cant stop players 1st right amendments, but its a clear pattern here under Rex's watch.

Fix it or leave.
    Agreed with the bold

Veteran
    Is Freeman talking to the same chair Clint Eastwood was talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post

To begin, let me just say I am a big Rex Ryan supporter and think, in the end , he will be a very good head coach
    I have seen and been thru every HC from Weeb to Rex and Rex out of all of them has the biggest upside.
    In regard to the locker room, any HC can lock it down but it still does not change the feelings and the cause of those feelings. An once they are locked down, all that happen is the problem festers.
    In most NFL locker room it's the veteran players who handle these issues and keep them in house.
    With what should be the absolute leader of the the locker room and your ball club, also the player who is the cause of 80% of those feelings and problems, it's a no win situation.
    The best and only solution to this situation is to eliminate the issue once and for all.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Geno Smith really shouldn't be speaking with reporters off the record.
    one of the better jokes on this board ive seen this offseason lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    While judging from the first day of OTA's is a bit off, the fact that Sanchez threw another pick to a 350 lb lineman behind the LOS is sickening. Those are the most ridiculous picks imaginable, and he probably had a half-dozen of those last season alone.
    YES! Ever since Meadow Soprano dumped him.

When are the Jets going to cut that guy "anonymous"? He keeps opening his trap and spewing trash about the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    To begin, let me just say I am a big Rex Ryan supporter and think, in the end , he will be a very good head coach
    I have seen and been thru every HC from Weeb to Rex and Rex out of all of them has the biggest upside.
    In regard to the locker room, any HC can lock it down but it still does not change the feelings and the cause of those feelings. An once they are locked down, all that happen is the problem festers.
    In most NFL locker room it's the veteran players who handle these issues and keep them in house.
    With what should be the absolute leader of the the locker room and your ball club, also the player who is the cause of 80% of those feelings and problems, it's a no win situation.
    The best and only solution to this situation is to eliminate the issue once and for all.
    Great post.

Im not sure Mark is the leader of this team though.
    Seemed LT was that vocal leader for those 2 years, and before that Mark was a Roookie.....

Last year he didnt seem to have the leadership mentality either. It honestly one of the things that irks me most about Mark: He never gets mad, always says the right thing, and imo, doesnt have enough passion (that ive seen) to be a team leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    The guy had three interceptions in 11 reps. How the hell is that anything but a disaster?
    My comment is not about Sanchez, it's about the veracity of the reporter (who seems to be learning from Mehalfwita.) He's making up facts so odds are he's making up the source too.

Think about it. People make anonymous statements because they have an agenda. There's supposedly a fair competition going on and if Sanchez wins why would they want him benched? So this source would either have to be someone who doesn't think the competition is unbiased, or knows they are going to lose it. I doubt Geno is that sophisticated media wise yet (unless it's his new agents) So that leaves McElroy... hmmmm

I'm not sure about "80-90%" but I can't imagine guys like Cromartie and the rest of the D, who are working their ass off, are sitting on the sidelines watching a three-and-out on the sidelines and thinking love for Sanchez. Every defensive player loves a dominant offense.

[QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4900012]Great post.

Yet,at the beginning of his fifth year that's the point, he should be the absolute leader of this ball club.

After all, how many four year starters do any of us know, who are not the face and voice of the franchise.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=fltflo;4900029]
    Great post.

Yet,at the beginning of his fifth year that's the point, he should be the absolute leader of this ball club.

After all, how many four year starters do any of us know, who are not the face and voice of the franchise
    None.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    "Sanchez struggled through a disastrous Wednesday practice lowlighted by three interceptions and general chaos, a display coach Rex Ryan classified as "unacceptable" and a "disappointment."

This is complete BS totally conflicts with everything published and Rex's presser that is posted on the Jets site now. Rex actually said a lot of good things happened but the turnovers were unacceptable, for both QBs.

There was no mention of general chaos anywhere that I saw.
    Talk about stirring the pot! I wouldn't be surprised if the 'anonymous source' was the writer himself.

Last edited by Monsterxman; 05-23-2013 at 08:04 PM.

All Pro
    Mark Sanchez is not a leader, never was a leader and probably never will be a leader. Over the past few years, other than Mark Sanchez, only 1 QB has thrown more bone head interceptions and is considered the undisputed leader of his team .

Dispite this, Jay Cutler has the unmittigated Gaull to call his teamates on the carpet whenever they screw up an assignment. It's what Leaders do, because when everything (Good or Bad) revolves around you, you can do that.

Someone once told me that "If everyone who answers to you loves you, you're probably doing something wrong". The day Mark Sanchez takes control of the Jets offense will be the day his career takes off. That includes telling his head coach off and telling his OC to throw the full playbook at him regardless of how he plays.

Jay Cutler is not the most well liked QB in the NFL, but nobody questions his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Mark Sanchez is not a leader, never was a leader and probably never will be a leader. Over the past few years, other than Mark Sanchez, only 1 QB has thrown more bone head interceptions and is considered the undisputed leader of his team .

Dispite this, Jay Cutler has the unmittigated Gaull to call his teamates on the carpet whenever they screw up an assignment. It's what Leaders do, because when everything (Good or Bad) revolves around you, you can do that.

Someone once told me that "If everyone who answers to you loves you, you're probably doing something wrong". The day Mark Sanchez takes control of the Jets offense will be the day his career takes off. That includes telling his head coach off and telling his OC to throw the full playbook at him regardless of how he plays.

Jay Cutler is not the most well liked QB in the NFL, but nobody questions his talent.
    Wow, well said dude! You a jarhead? I don't know anywhere else in the world that teaches leadership as you have so eloquently stated it.