Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anonymous Jet Says Sanchez Should Be Benched

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Everyone knows Sanchez can't play....probably even Mark if he's honest with himself. Too bad...nice kid but can't play in the league with any sustained success. It must be very tough for him even with all of that money.
    Hey,
    I can be as bad as him and have it just as tough as him with that money in my pocket.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Geno Smith really shouldn't be speaking with reporters off the record.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    This really is unsurprising based on 2012's performance. Of course I can think of many offensive players from the 2012 roster who should never set foot on the field again in green.
    In case you forgot, Suckchez didn't exactly shine in 2011 either....

It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if he would just throw the ball away when nothing is there for him. Why he can't learn this, I will never know.

This is a recipe for disaster for 2013. If he keeps this up, there's no way Rex can go with this. Sanchez is done. If there is a better case of "addition by subtraction" by benching Sanchez, please point it out. Don't believe one exists.

All League
    Our new coordinator , MM will decide who takes the snaps. Not anyone on the landing strip, and I'm happy with that. ,

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Hope this isn't an early indication that the locker room is going to become toxic again this season like 2010. This is going to be a rough season regardless of who's under center, if there's anonymous sniping now we could see some serious turmoil when we start losing games.
    There's nothing Rex Ryan can do about this. Rex is the HC. He is not the GM. Resentment from other players is sure to happen because they want to win. Meanwhile, they'll be thinking that Sanchez is hijacking the teams chances to win with his inflated salary in the form that they cannot add any badly needed offensive FA's. If Sanchez starts, it will be even worse from the team as they know he'll personally throw the game with his turnovers.

And lets be honest here, it isn't even a matter of WHEN we start losing games. This team is at the very least rebuilding the offense from the ground up. Every offensive player is sure to know that this will not be a successful season on offense. So the general feeling of disappointment toward Sanchez will be there right from the get go.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I don't care what Suckchez's 2013 salary is, someone will beat him out in this QB competition - whether it is Smith, McElroy or Simms doesn't even matter but one of these kids will beat him out because he just sucks that badly.

Sanchez has lost Rex's unequivocal backing, especially when you consider the fact that Rex's job is probably hanging in the balance.

Rex won't flush another season down the toilet watching Suckchez implode yet again - the best QB will play and the chances of the best QB being Suckchez are slim to none.

Personally I'd like to see Suckchez released before week 1 he will be more of a distraction - much like Tebow last season - then he is worth.

I'd take a flyer on Trent Edwards if you want a 4th QB on the roster going into the pre-season/regular season but Suckchez's release would be the best move for the team going forward - take the cap hit and be done with him.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-26-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    When are the Jets going to cut that guy "anonymous"? He keeps opening his trap and spewing trash about the Jets.
    McElroy put his two cents in with his name and he was blasted for it. Sometimes you just can't win.

I'd blame all of it on Rex Ryan. The HC creates the atmosphere around any team and the Jets are a team full of loose cannons.

Jets Insider VIP
    unlike your Pats who are Head Coached by a guy with Loose Screws

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if he would just throw the ball away when nothing is there for him. Why he can't learn this, I will never know.
    I think this is the rebuttal for the "Mark has had no talent around him" argument. Good QBs throw the ball away (or pull the ball down and run) if there are no open receivers - particularly in the red zone, where an interception likely takes points off the board. Sanchez has never done this, and instead seems to have adopted a "throw the ball toward the most open receiver" philosophy - especially when under duress. His decision-making process is completely shot and he needs to be reprogrammed if he's ever going to have any level of future success in this league. That's why, even though they were just OTAs, the 3 interception day last week was a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    I don't care what Suckchez's 2013 salary is, someone will beat him out in this QB competition - whether it is Smith, McElroy or Simms doesn't even matter but one of these kids will beat him out because he just sucks that badly.

Sanchez has lost Rex's unequivocal backing, especially when you consider the fact that Rex's job is probably hanging in the balance.

Rex won't flush another season down the toilet watching Suckchez implode yet again - the best QB will play and the chances of the best QB being Suckchez are slim to none.

Personally I'd like to see Suckchez released before week 1 he will be more of a distraction - much like Tebow last season - then he is worth.

I'd take a flyer on Trent Edwards if you want a 4th QB on the roster going into the pre-season/regular season but Suckchez's release would be the best move for the team going forward - take the cap hit and be done with him.
    As always I agree completely with what you are saying. I'd only add that as shocking as it was to see Rex stick with Sanchez for as long as he did last season, I understand why he did it. It was because Sanchez was the best QB on the roster. He gave the team the best chance to win. As pathetic as that is to hear, it was true.

And as much as I'd like to see Sanchez get his walking papers before the season begins, I doubt it happens. I can't see the team being willing to endure a 17 million dollar cap hit. So as much of a cancer Sanchez would be to the team, I think their hands are tied.

This will turn out to be undoubtedly Rex's hardest coaching job ever. If the team even sniffs the playoffs, he should be up for coach of the year honors. It's a very dicey situation. Rex will have to keep the players motivated and interested in playing when Sanchez will be sitting on the team roster getting paid millions for doing nothing. It will only serve to anger the players.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    As always I agree completely with what you are saying. I'd only add that as shocking as it was to see Rex stick with Sanchez for as long as he did last season, I understand why he did it. It was because Sanchez was the best QB on the roster. He gave the team the best chance to win. As pathetic as that is to hear, it was true.
    That might have been the case last season, I don't believe that is the case this season with a new offense being installed and Geno Smith in the mix along with a hungrier Matt Simms & Greg McElroy.

And I believe if the Jets release Sanchez after June 1st, the CAP hit is 12.353 million.

That being said Sanchez's CAP hit is not a good enough reason to keep him around, he needs to go, period.

This team does not need any more distractions mulling around the locker-room and that's all Suckchez would be.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-26-2013 at 05:36 PM.