Thread: The not ready for Prime Time Jets :)

Rookie

The not ready for Prime Time Jets :)

A cute article covering some not so cute moments but I enjoyed in anyways

http://turnonthejets.com/2013/05/108...es/#more-14658

When I was younger there was nothing more exciting than seeing prime-time games on the upcoming schedule for the New York Jets…particularly home games. I would immediately pester my Uncle and Dad to allow me to attend the game and count the days until they arrived. Even the away games were mini-events of staying up late and running around the house like a maniac celebrating things like the Monday Night Miracle.

Prime-Time games are always a nice chance to feel like your team matters. They are showcases in successful seasons. They are an oasis in miserable seasons because at least there is something to look forward to.

Over the past two seasons, prime-time has been a nightmare for the Jets. They won their season opener in 2011 against Dallas at home and since then they are 0-6 including a handful of BRUTAL losses…actually arguably five of their six most brutal losses of the past two seasons.
    •34-17 to Baltimore – The Collin Baxter Game, which I’m pretty sure permanently damaged Mark Sanchez.
    •37-16 to New England – The Rob Ninkovich Game.
    •17-13 to Denver – TEEEEEEE-BOOOOOWWWWWWW.
    •23-17 to Houston - Not that bad comparatively.
    •49-19 to New England - No words needed.
    •14-10 to Tennessee - When Mark Sanchez had 14 turnovers in the final 4 minutes.

Needless to say, my enjoyment for prime-time games has worn off, particularly attending them. Unfortunately I am now a grumpy old man who complains about things like traffic, crowded trains and getting up early for work. In 2011, myself and fellow TOJer Rob Celletti attended the Jets/Patriots Sunday Night loss, leaving us dead exhausted for work on Monday after getting back to NYC late. I finally felt back to normal by Thursday, when of course it was time to go meet Rob and other friends at a NYC bar for Jets/Broncos. TEEEE-BOWWW! Dead exhausted for work on Friday.

After attending the butt-fumble game last year on top of that, you can imagine me being content with zero Jets home primetime games this year and only two total (at New England in week 2 and at Atlanta in week 5). The Jets will be double digit underdogs in both of those games, so I can watch from the comfort of my living room with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Jets suck on the big stage.

Only reason we won the Monday Night Miracle.....was how late it was. Everyone had already gone to sleep, hence the stage was no longer big, lol.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post

Over the past two seasons, prime-time has been a nightmare for the Jets. They won their season opener in 2011 against Dallas at home and since then they are 0-6 including a handful of BRUTAL losses…actually arguably five of their six most brutal losses of the past two seasons.
    •34-17 to Baltimore – The Collin Baxter Game, which I’m pretty sure permanently damaged Mark Sanchez.
    KInd of hard to argue with that one.

Your right it's been painful to watch.

I watch every game on gamepass, for the prime time games I would make a night of it, good food, plenty of booze, and hope of my mates bein impressed by us puttin on a show cause all their teams suck.

As usual I had my head in my hands being ridiculed, that TG game is burned into my brain for life.
    Last edited by Harrier; 05-24-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: M

All Pro
    Horrible Nationally televised team.

Makes it even worse when you dont have NFLTicket, and have to watch the majority of games online at not so good quality.

Makes you salivate for those games you can watch on tv, until they get their arses handed to them ALL THE TIME.

Got to turn around sometime, no?

A cute article covering some not so cute moments but I enjoyed in anyways

http://turnonthejets.com/2013/05/108...es/#more-14658

When I was younger there was nothing more exciting than seeing prime-time games on the upcoming schedule for the New York Jets…particularly home games. I would immediately pester my Uncle and Dad to allow me to attend the game and count the days until they arrived. Even the away games were mini-events of staying up late and running around the house like a maniac celebrating things like the Monday Night Miracle.

Prime-Time games are always a nice chance to feel like your team matters. They are showcases in successful seasons. They are an oasis in miserable seasons because at least there is something to look forward to.

•37-16 to New England – The Rob Ninkovich Game.
    •17-13 to Denver – TEEEEEEE-BOOOOOWWWWWWW.
    •23-17 to Houston - Not that bad comparatively.
    •49-19 to New England - No words needed.
    •14-10 to Tennessee - When Mark Sanchez had 14 turnovers in the final 4 minutes.

Needless to say, my enjoyment for prime-time games has worn off, particularly attending them. Unfortunately I am now a grumpy old man who complains about things like traffic, crowded trains and getting up early for work. In 2011, myself and fellow TOJer Rob Celletti attended the Jets/Patriots Sunday Night loss, leaving us dead exhausted for work on Monday after getting back to NYC late. I finally felt back to normal by Thursday, when of course it was time to go meet Rob and other friends at a NYC bar for Jets/Broncos. TEEEE-BOWWW! Dead exhausted for work on Friday.

After attending the butt-fumble game last year on top of that, you can imagine me being content with zero Jets home primetime games this year and only two total (at New England in week 2 and at Atlanta in week 5). The Jets will be double digit underdogs in both of those games, so I can watch from the comfort of my living room with low expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    take the next day off. it helps :-)

Rookie
    Sadly, this is life as a Jets fan. I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Jets suck on the big stage.

Only reason we won the Monday Night Miracle.....was how late it was. Everyone had already gone to sleep, hence the stage was no longer big, lol.
    Not always. Obviously now is totally different, but everyone remembers the 2011 Divisional Playoff? That was probably a bigger game than any regular season game and Sanchez had the best game of his career.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Not always. Obviously now is totally different, but everyone remembers the 2011 Divisional Playoff? That was probably a bigger game than any regular season game and Sanchez had the best game of his career.
    Good point. The playoffs were grand, weren't they. Damn, the Jets were good teems and fun to watch during those two years.

I never understood the obsession with "prime" time. Whenever the Jets are playing, that is my primetime. Being at 8pm doesn't make it any more special or exciting than 1pm. A regular season game is a regular season game. I prefer them early enough so that one doesnt still have a hangover the next day.

Good point. The playoffs were grand, weren't they. Damn, the Jets were good teems and fun to watch during those two years.
    Yes, it was short lived, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Hall Of Fame
    It's funny how we get excited when Jets Thanksgiving games are announced, only to have them f* up our Thanksgiving.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[sigh]
    That feels like two decades ago...

How sad that Sanchez peaked after 30 games and has turned into the worst starting QB in football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I wonder if Colt fans cringe at the highlights of the 41-0 beat down by the Jets in the playoffs or the Fin fans at the 62-7 loss to the Jags in the playoffs?? I'm sure there are some SOCF's and SOFF's just as there are SOJF's that enjoy wallowing in negative thoughts.. BTW you might want to check that 14 turnovers in the Titan game in the last 4 minutes..

The prime time Azz kickings are the real reason why our Jets have become a national laughing stock.
    Other than Rex big mouth, most fans outside of the northeast don't know much about the Jets.
    Most fans outside of the area are only familiar with Revis.
    My feelings on primetime games is that football fans that have no skin in the game usually will hope for an upset.
    The Pats are more hated than any team in this league right now. So, a football fan sits down to watch a Sunday night game, hoping for the Jets to take it to the mighty Pats, instead they get a snore fest with numerous TOs, the Pats scoring 21 points in like 2 minutes, and an actual butt fumble.
    Believe me, we have earned our reputation of a sucky team over the last 2 years.

Thankfully we'll only have to witness two prime-time games this season, and both are on the road. We actually stand a chance against New England in Week 2, as the first Jets-Patriots game is always a close one, followed by the second one always being a New England blow out - but the Atlanta game ... that's one that's going to be ugly and an early night.

I love 1pm kickoffs and I'm going to enjoy them this season while we're rebuilding. Hopefully we can surprise a few people and win 7 or 8 games while playing a humane times.

I vote for just a Sunday night game on ESPN ONLY if Geno is declared the starter before the beginning of the season.

I rather watch Los Angeles Raiderettes.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Thankfully we'll only have to witness two prime-time games this season, and both are on the road. We actually stand a chance against New England in Week 2, as the first Jets-Patriots game is always a close one, followed by the second one always being a New England blow out - but the Atlanta game ... that's one that's going to be ugly and an early night.

I love 1pm kickoffs and I'm going to enjoy them this season while we're rebuilding. Hopefully we can surprise a few people and win 7 or 8 games while playing a humane times.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I guess the 4 road playoff wins in 2 years were not big games lol............does not amaze me that people just feel the need to focus on the negative....oh well....training camp is coming soon and I'll be focusing on that.