Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forget Cutting Goodson: REX Must Go

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Forget Cutting Goodson: REX Must Go

Three years ago, Rex loved his players speaking to the media. He started the chirping culture as a way to cast off the shrill of Mangini. It may be hard to do with the razor thin "note" requirements that editors require these days, but let's suppose for a second, this quote is attributed to a real NY Jet. The last 24 hours of coverage, which should be focused on OTA's, are now on "Anonymous Jet" calling for the benching of Sanchez, and as a result, a lot of outrage against the Coward Jet has spurned from mostly the fan base. Yesterday in an online chat, Rich Cimini confirmed what many in the media know, that John Idzik will not rebut the quote, because he is not going to "Chase Ghosts."

I think if this stuff is supposed to stop, Rex has to go. To send a real message, they need for a moment to stop worrying about cutting guys like Mike Goodson; you need to cut the head off the snake. These days, what kind of credibility could Rex even have with his locker room, or colleagues?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    [B]
    I think if this stuff is supposed to stop, Rex has to go. To send a real message, they need for a moment to stop worrying about cutting guys like Mike Goodson; you need to cut the head off the snake. These days, what kind of credibility could Rex even have with his locker room, or colleagues?
    As long as I keep hearing this sorta Rex bashing I've feel I have to respond. 2012 was all on Tanny. Had he not extended Sanchez, not signed Tebow, and kept Stanton then at least Rex would have had something to work with rather that MS who "gave us the best chance to win".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no anonymous jet, no circus, no locker room issues, it's all media fabrication from people with hidden agendas.

Whether it exists or not, the only thing that will change the perception is WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    some ridiculous conclusions come about on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell does Rex have to do with Goodsons night and legal issues?

What does Rex's bravado, from the days before Goodson was a Jet, make this a Rex thing?

Need to think before hitting the post button.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    DUMP
    This

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three years ago, Rex loved his players speaking to the media. He started the chirping culture as a way to cast off the shrill of Mangini. It may be hard to do with the razor thin "note" requirements that editors require these days, but let's suppose for a second, this quote is attributed to a real NY Jet. The last 24 hours of coverage, which should be focused on OTA's, are now on "Anonymous Jet" calling for the benching of Sanchez, and as a result, a lot of outrage against the Coward Jet has spurned from mostly the fan base. Yesterday in an online chat, Rich Cimini confirmed what many in the media know, that John Idzik will not rebut the quote, because he is not going to "Chase Ghosts."

Who cares about credibility from his colleagues. Bellichick is a proven cheater. Credibility is irrelevant.

And, from ALL ACCOUNTS, he has credibility in his locker and the players would go to war for him.

Stop being a pupper of the media who tries to manipulate people like you into thinking the Jets are a circus. Goodson got drunk. Plaxico Burress shot himself as a giant. Did they fire Coughlin? You want to say that the Giants then cut him and no other real franchize would take him in? Well he was taken in by the STeelers last year.

Every team has knuckleheads on their teams, unfortunately for the Jets we have the leagues greates population of knucklehead fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    some ridiculous conclusions come about on this board.
    + 1

Everyone must go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    As long as I keep hearing this sorta Rex bashing I've feel I have to respond. 2012 was all on Tanny. Had he not extended Sanchez, not signed Tebow, and kept Stanton then at least Rex would have had something to work with rather that MS who "gave us the best chance to win".
    You clearly didn't read what I wrote. Moving along

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    What the hell does Rex have to do with Goodsons night and legal issues?

Need to think before hitting the post button.
    Nut is a good name for you. Not the best at drawing inferences, huh? Forget about sending a statement about conduct with Goodson, try cutting Rex, the biggest clown of them all and the guy who laid down the decree to say whatever you want, until Mgmt had enough and reigned him back in.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't we let his on the field coaching skills be the determining factor?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    And, from ALL ACCOUNTS, he has credibility in his locker and the players would go to war for him.

Maybe if he took it out of his locker and onto the field we would be more impressed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Why don't we let his on the field coaching skills be the determining factor?
    In that case, how are you going to argue it? How about the complete implosion of the locker room, roster and 2012 season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares about credibility from his colleagues. Bellichick is a proven cheater. Credibility is irrelevant.

Stop being a pupper of the media who tries to manipulate people like you into thinking the Jets are a circus. Goodson got drunk. Plaxico Burress shot himself as a giant. Did they fire Coughlin? You want to say that the Giants then cut him and no other real franchize would take him in? Well he was taken in by the STeelers last year.

Every team has knuckleheads on their teams, unfortunately for the Jets we have the leagues greates population of knucklehead fans.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty of reasons you can argue Rex should be fired but I don't know how this is one of them. How can you link what Goodson did to Rex??

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Nut is a good name for you. Not the best at drawing inferences, huh? Forget about sending a statement about conduct with Goodson, try cutting Rex, the biggest clown of them all and the guy who laid down the decree to say whatever you want, until Mgmt had enough and reigned him back in.
    You write a mindless piece of nonsense. Draw the dumbest of all conclusions and goof on me. Sure, now explain one more time how laying "down the decree to say whatever you want" two years ago has anything to do with Goodson and what is going on. Should be classic.

You don't like Rex, fine, your right. Stop making up stupid sh!t to try and back your hate. Makes people respond.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Say's the Jets fan with a burning truck with a Jets logo on it as his avatar.

Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-24-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    There are plenty of reasons you can argue Rex should be fired but I don't know how this is one of them. How can you link what Goodson did to Rex??
    Guess I'm not the only Nut for asking.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I completely agree, guy came in here promising the Superbowl 2 years in a row, then can't even make the playoffs the year before the big game is being hosted on his own field. Keep following this guy like a pig to slaughter. All he has done is promote the me-first, unprofessional conduct, that causes players to go on record, or worse speak anonymously to the media, and then when ESPN or PFT puts up a headline you don't like, you pussies are the first to get all butt hurt and start crying about media bias.

It's not like Rex -toe fetish internet video- Ryan is the only defensive mind that can produce a top 10 defense.

Get a clue

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In that case, how are you going to argue it? How about the complete implosion of the locker room, roster and 2012 season.
    That's your theory. Do you have anything to back that up?