Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson has history of issues

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    60% of those SB appearances and 100% of the victories tainted by the largest cheating scandal in the sport's history. Stick that up your azz, troll. Now, GFY and get lost.
    couldn't have expressed the views of 100 percent of Jet fans and JI posters any better than that

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    60% of those SB appearances and 100% of the victories tainted by the largest cheating scandal in the sport's history. Stick that up your azz, troll. Now, GFY and get lost.
    lmao

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I admit it....we are the Rosie Ruiz of the NFL with NO legitimate untainted titles.
    Fixed

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Fixed
    I seen all 3 trophy's....no "*" what-so-ever. Nice and shiny, too!.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seen all 3 trophy's....no "*" what-so-ever. Nice and shiny, too!.

Ersatz
    Unearned
    Tainted

Congratulations to the Rams, Eagles and Panthers....NFL Legitimate Champs 2002-4

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you mean Congrats to the 1968 Jets?

And why are you trolling this thread with all these OT posts? No one cares about your little obsession. My post was on the subject of the thread and just a reiteration of what many Jets fans have said or are thinking? ''What did Izdik know or more importantly, didn't he know about this dubious character before forking over $2 million?'' Reasonable question.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you mean Congrats to the 1968 Jets?

And why are you trolling this thread with all these OT posts? No one cares about your little obsession. My post was on the subject of the thread and just a reiteration of what many Jets fans have said or are thinking? ''What did Izdik know or more importantly, didn't he know about this dubious character before forking over $2 million?'' Reasonable question.
    It's a reasonable question but u asked it as a troll looking to stir the pot.. It's 2 million dude I think woody can handle it.. If he didnt have any issues he probably gets a better deal.. Less than 30% of his contract is guarented, that's a good deal..Plus he is still on the team, he still could have a good year.. Will you come back and pat izdik on the back if that happens?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Well acquainted? Thought he met him two weeks ago?
    I wonder how Goodson's relatives feel about bringing that Evans loser into the family now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're in a particularly hateful form today there Skippy, even for you. Attacking both Jets AND Pats fans with abandon. What's the matter, forget your meds?

Far be it for you to EVER question anything about the Jets. How many SBs will Geno bring you in the next 5 years, 2....3?

(When Izdik gets you to 5 Superbowls in the next 10 years, then you can compare him to BB.)
    Really? You can compare a GM to a coach? Or is BB the GM now?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Really? You can compare a GM to a coach? Or is BB the GM now?

Huh?

BB's been the GM of the Pats since Pioli left. Maybe you should find another sport to talk trash in. WNBA perhaps?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huh?

BB's been the GM of the Pats since Pioli left. Maybe you should find another sport to talk trash in. WNBA perhaps?
    And, when was that, that Pioli left? BB has NO SB titles, tainted or otherwise, since he's been the GM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    It's a reasonable question but u asked it as a troll looking to stir the pot.. It's 2 million dude I think woody can handle it.. If he didnt have any issues he probably gets a better deal.. Less than 30% of his contract is guarented, that's a good deal..Plus he is still on the team, he still could have a good year.. Will you come back and pat izdik on the back if that happens?
    Its not Woody's wallet that's at issue. It's being tight against the cap and needing to be efficient with signings. And what in my post makes you think I'm trying to stir the pot?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    And, when was that, that Pioli left? BB has NO SB titles, tainted or otherwise, since he's been the GM.
    Thats not the point. He's taken the team to one, and was within one game of another. Vinny's neice was talking sh it about something she knows nothing about. BB IS the GM of the Pats. THAT'S the point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not Woody's wallet that's at issue. It's being tight against the cap and needing to be efficient with signings. And what in my post makes you think I'm trying to stir the pot?
    It's very clear when you try to knit pick at 2 million.. And again goodson is still here and likely survives the charges.. Pats took on moss, talk about character issues.. they had to trade him because of it.. We have cap issues because of MT's terrible contracts.. Izdik did a lot of good work with the cap already.. Next year lot of dead weight like Sanchez will be gone.. Still can't believe pats let welker go, he was huge for Tammy.. Tammy is getting old, gronk can't stay healthy, shame pats choked in the playoffs past 5 years, thought they had a dynasty but now it's over johny..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're in a particularly hateful form today there Skippy, even for you. Attacking both Jets AND Pats fans with abandon. What's the matter, forget your meds?

Far be it for you to EVER question anything about the Jets. How many SBs will Geno bring you in the next 5 years, 2....3?

(When Izdik gets you to 5 Superbowls in the next 10 years, then you can compare him to BB.)

Thats not the point. He's taken the team to one, and was within one game of another. Vinny's neice was talking sh it about something she knows nothing about. BB IS the GM of the Pats. THAT'S the point.
    You directly compared the Jets GM with BB, implying that BB got the Pats to 5 in 10..... as Idzik is not the HC of the Jets, how can he do what BB is ACTUALLY responsible for, which is COACHING the team to 5 SBs in 10 years. Now, if you want to say, "when Idzik gets the Jets to 1 SB and within one game of another, in the next 5 years, then you can compare him to BB"...... THAT would be a better comparison.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pioli was never GM of the Patriots, the highest he ever was in the organization wasVP of Player Personnel, BB was the GM from day one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Pioli was never GM of the Patriots, the highest he ever was in the organization wasVP of Player Personnel, BB was the GM from day one.
    You're right, and I stand corrected, which makes my comparison 100% accurate after all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ESPNNewYork: Jets' Goodson faces new paternity suit http://t.co/isy3TzH0fg

Embattled Jets RB Mike Goodson has another legal issue to worry about.

Goodson, arrested May 17 in New Jersey on drug and weapons charges, is being slapped with a paternity suit by a Houston woman demanding child support for the four children he allegedly fathered from 2005 to 2011. The suit was filed Thursday in Harris County (Texas) Court.

In the court papers, obtained by ESPNNewYork.com, Ashlee Wilson is suing for retroactive child support, lump-sum child support and health insurance.

She filed an action against him in August, 2010, suing for support of three children, but the case was never pursued. In an interview last week, Wilson declined to say why she didn't. She was living with Goodson's mother at the time. Her Houston-based attorney, Glenn Lilly, indicated last week that she had reconsidered and would file a suit.

Wilson and the four children now live with her parents. Lilly said Goodson still owes him $7,000 in fees from the original case, as ordered by the court.

Goodson's off-the-field issues were detailed last week in a story by ESPNNewYork.com. Three women in a nine-month span filed paternity and child-support suits against him. He also was sued by a jewelry store for not paying a $56,000 bill, received at least two eviction notices for unpaid rent and failed to make car payments.

Goodson, who signed a three-year, $6.9 million contract with the Jets in March, is back practicing with the team as he awaits his next court date for the drug and weapons charges. A pre-trial hearing is scheduled for June 12.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right, and I stand corrected, which makes my comparison 100% accurate after all.
    Had the Tuna left after the 1999 season and BB given both the GM and HC job's who knows he may have stayed.. But no way with the Tuna as the GM in 2000 was BB going to be just the HC..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Had the Tuna left after the 1999 season and BB given both the GM and HC job's who knows he may have stayed.. But no way with the Tuna as the GM in 2000 was BB going to be just the HC..
    I think you can be 100% certain, that without Tuna there to look over BB's shoulder, BB never would have left the Jets for the Pats.