Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Goodson has history of issues

Let's all take a breath and remember that his lawyer said Goodson's a nice guy. I'd say that trumps everything in Dick C.'s article, right?

So...

Makes very poor financial decisions... Had a small amount of pot on his person... Hangs out with bad company...

Crucify him...

You dudes are crazy... Not a single one of you has all the facts but you want him cut...

With him and Cro on our roster we are the most fertile team in NFL.

This is a lot of new information. It does show very bad decisionmaking and outright stupidity on the kid's part. This actually bothers me far more than the arrest does, because it's distracting, and players don't need outside distractions. On the other hand Cromartie came to us with financial problems and outside distractions and that's worked out very well for the Jets so far.

Hmm... the kid does seem like a bit of a douche, but maybe this is a wake up call for him to stop being an ass and get himself on the straight track. Or maybe this is just another short drop on the long way down... It's hard to say. Jets own him for not much money, so if he can produce on the field I say keep him BUT WATCH HIM!

Don't any of these guys know how to wear a rubber?

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    This is a lot of new information. It does show very bad decisionmaking and outright stupidity on the kid's part. This actually bothers me far more than the arrest does, because it's distracting, and players don't need outside distractions. On the other hand Cromartie came to us with financial problems and outside distractions and that's worked out very well for the Jets so far.

Hmm... the kid does seem like a bit of a douche, but maybe this is a wake up call for him to stop being an ass and get himself on the straight track. Or maybe this is just another short drop on the long way down... It's hard to say. Jets own him for not much money, so if he can produce on the field I say keep him BUT WATCH HIM!

Don't any of these guys know how to wear a rubber?
    Let's see how this all works out. Hopefully he plays for us and does well. It's clear that this guy has some issues.

He will be bankrupt by 30 or 35. Depends on how many more kids he has.

All League
    Sounds like our best player on defense, maybe he can be the same on O

All League
    Meh.
    Can he babysit for me? No.
    Can he play for my favorite football team? Sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I'm not a high profile pro athlete that's paid millions to stay physically fit and perform a physically demanding job.

Goodson goes out drinking himself into a slobbering stupor with five children he doesn't give a rat's ass about.

You're no psychologist, that's for sure.

That is the only correct thing that you said! I am not a psychologist! I spent 33 years in LAW ENFORCEMENT. I learned a bit about people and some thing about trials and getting convictions, etc. So what I see is its OK for you to go out drinking but not this guy because he is an athlete and you aren't. Fair enough if you want to pitch the role model angle ,Id agree. But you are no better then he is in the eyes of the law yet you excuse yourself from making bad decisions.

Perhaps you have some proof that the guy can not perform his job because he is out of shape due to excessive drinking. If you have that proof please present it. Rumors and speculation will not cut it during a trial. INNOCENT until proven GUILTY, then lets talk. Until then we are all equals under the law, even you. I do accept the role model issue as being very important.

Hey if the gun charge is dropped, what do we really have left? Possession of grass in a small amount and public intox. Plus he went to a hospital and we do not know why. Could someone have drugged him without his knowledge?

So few facts and yet you chose to rush to judgement. Why? The American concept is : INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. It applies to all Americans.

Ever hear of Joe Namath? Sonny Jurgensen? Paul Horning? Those guys all drank and partied a bit and still performed at the highest levels of the game. Just sayin.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So...

Makes very poor financial decisions... Had a small amount of pot on his person... Hangs out with bad company...

Crucify him...

You dudes are crazy... Not a single one of you has all the facts but you want him cut...
    agreed but we do have a few guys that think they are above the law because they are not athletes. I guess they reason that the law only applies to athletes because they make a lot of money. They are not interested in the facts! They just want to sound knowledgeable and all-knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So...

Crucify him...

his issues are no different than those of a bunch of other players around the league. you don't see other teams rushing to cut their talent every time they get in trouble, so why should the Jets?

let the legal process sort things out.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Hey if the gun charge is dropped, what do we really have left? Possession of grass in a small amount and public intox. Plus he went to a hospital and we do not know why. Could someone have drugged him without his knowledge?
    What do we have left? A dipsh!t that can't be trusted with the responsibility he's given and the pay scale he's on.

Ever hear of Joe Namath? Sonny Jurgensen? Paul Horning? Those guys all drank and partied a bit and still performed at the highest levels of the game. Just sayin.....
    Babe Ruth too. I remember when coaches smoked on the sidelines.

The times have changed. Society learns from its mistakes. Ever hear of that?

Speaking of Babe Ruth, I remember when I used to hitchhike to Babe Ruth games carrying my glove, cleats, and bat.

That's right, moms with toddlers would pick up a stranger with a bat in his hands.

I also remember when seatbelts weren't the law and humans were allowed to ride in truck beds.

And we didn't lock our doors or need car alarms ... yada yada yada ... wang wang wang

Between Cro & Goodson the Jets should build a daycare center at the facility for their kids alone

wouldn't bash the article or Cimini for this; although I know a lot of folks don't like him here, a balanced view is that his reporting has been solid since he has gone to ESPN. This article is along those lines.

The Jets get a lot of unfair criticism, but Cimini raises interesting points here. Does the Goodson signing reflect Idzik taking a shot on high-ceiling athletes with high-risk personal lives? Came from Seattle where the wheels seem to be coming off with the number of turds they've taken a chance with. If Idzik has a no-tolerance policy and shorts guys like this to see if they are willing to turn it around, I have no problem with that, as long as he dumps them quickly if there are problems. If he builds a locker room with turds though who are not held accountable, then I will lose respect. At the end of the day, very little money here, but this guy makes Cromartie look like a saint.

Hall Of Fame
    So is this a "great article" or a "terrible article"?

This is why we need to start neutering people. Let's say if someone is facing a year in jail they should have the option of getting neutered instead of going to jail. Its a win-win. Don't have to pay for their incarceration AND don't have to pay for their countless offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    What do we have left? A dipsh!t that can't be trusted with the responsibility he's given and the pay scale he's on.

Babe Ruth too. I remember when coaches smoked on the sidelines.

The times have changed. Society learns from its mistakes. Ever hear of that?

Speaking of Babe Ruth, I remember when I used to hitchhike to Babe Ruth games carrying my glove, cleats, and bat.

That's right, moms with toddlers would pick up a stranger with a bat in his hands.

I also remember when seatbelts weren't the law and humans were allowed to ride in truck beds.

And we didn't lock our doors or need car alarms ... yada yada yada ... wang wang wang

Don't recall any stories of The Babe, Sonny, Joe or Hornung ever getting arrested, dragged into court or sued multiple times. I hope we are not comparing this punk to those HOFers.
    Goodson has all the making of a bum. I continue to be confused why many stand up for the piece of garbage. We need to run all this kind of trash out of sports in the pros as well as college.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Don't recall any stories of The Babe, Sonny, Joe or Hornung ever getting arrested, dragged into court or sued multiple times. I hope we are not comparing this punk to those HOFers.
    Goodson has all the making of a bum. I continue to be confused why many stand up for the piece of garbage. We need to run all this kind of trash out of sports in the pros as well as college.
    I'm not getting it either. It's not like Goodson has been a part of the team for many years and we're supporting him out of appreciation and loyalty.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    You're talking to the wrong person.

Try following the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I'm not getting it either. It's not like Goodson has been a part of the team for many years and we're supporting him out of appreciation and loyalty.
    Most people defend him because the thought of Ivory getting all the carries with his injury record scares them, an Ivory/Goodson punch has huge potential. The thought of both not being there and passing McKnight and Powell the load sure scares me.

I don't know what Cimini's latest article is gettin at, trying to portray him as a troubled person because he bangs loads of chicks and doesn't pay for his children is his business, his personal life should have nothing to do with it.

Breaking the law and being a complete moron, now that's a whole other matter.

Ray Lewis likely killed someone, or was at the very least involved in the killing of someone and was welcomed back to the NFL with open arms. Goodson, as of now, is only guilty of being drunk and smoking pot and some of you clowns want him cut? Seriously?

You guys have no idea what goes in the NFL if you think every player that gets drunk and smokes pot should be cut.

Obviously, if the gun turns out to be his the entire situation changes and he will need to get cut, but we live in america and you are innocent until proven guilty.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    So few facts and yet you chose to rush to judgement. Why? The American concept is : INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. It applies to all Americans.
    That's purely a legal concept, OJ Simpson was found not guilty but the majority of the public believes that he's a murderer.