Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Manish - out!

  1. #21

  2. #22
    It didn't take him long to conform to what all the other jerkoff writers in NY are. But for a while, he truly was that "breath of fresh air".

  3. #23
    I don't expect his replacement to be any better. It's the publication more than the individual writer.

  4. #24
    At least we won't have to worry about his "anonymous sources" anymore...

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    ft lauderdale
    Posts
    1,578
    An anonymous source said mannish was caught in the men's room at a local rest stop.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    An anonymous source said mannish was caught in the men's room at a local TRUCK stop.
    FIXED

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Because when he first started he would only report actual news. Then he got caught up in the TMZ aspect of reporting and became complete garbage.


    Shame, really, what he became... I'm not sure how people like him and Dick even get jobs!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post


    Shame, really, what he became... I'm not sure how people like him and Dick even get jobs!
    They help sell papers. Which is all any of the higher-ups want out of their sports section. Sports and Gossip are for selling papers. They're not worthy subjects for "true" journalism.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    They help sell papers. Which is all any of the higher-ups want out of their sports section. Sports and Gossip are for selling papers. They're not worthy subjects for "true" journalism.

    yes, I know the true reason for it...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    It didn't take him long to conform to what all the other jerkoff writers in NY are. But for a while, he truly was that "breath of fresh air".
    The Daily News is in the tabloid business. He may have had honorable intentions, but in the end, that doesn't make them money.

    Because when Manish was writing feel good articles a message board thread would get thirty replies.

    When he quoted an anonymous source, it was ten pages easily.

    When will people understand why these rags do what they do?

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Far Rock,Queens,NYC
    Posts
    665
    Bye Bye Good Riddance! I never really liked him anyway!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    It's funny how quickly fans turned on him. I remember when he first started he was seen as a "breath of fresh air" around these parts.

    Of course. The same will happen to his successor. Our fan base (particularly on this site) are a bunch of homer, whiny little girls. The first time the Jets lose and this new guy actually writes honestly about it, he will be destroyed on these pages. If you want to cover the Jets and actually be liked by these fans, you better work for newyorkjets.com where the Jets are the best team to not win the SB every year. Good luck, Manish's replacement.

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Of course. The same will happen to his successor. Our fan base (particularly on this site) are a bunch of homer, whiny little girls. The first time the Jets lose and this new guy actually writes honestly about it, he will be destroyed on these pages. If you want to cover the Jets and actually be liked by these fans, you better work for newyorkjets.com where the Jets are the best team to not win the SB every year. Good luck, Manish's replacement.
    The homers are not the one's whining it's the negative fans that whine constantly like little girls.. I suppose one could also whine about taking Toon over Jerry Rice..

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,266
    Not being a Jet fan limits Toooooon's expertise on this or any other topic. Hates the Jets more than the vilest of Chowd trolls does

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Sounds like he got a promotion.

  16. #36
    One media puke is just the same as any other media puke

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    The Daily News is in the tabloid business. He may have had honorable intentions, but in the end, that doesn't make them money.

    Because when Manish was writing feel good articles a message board thread would get thirty replies.

    When he quoted an anonymous source, it was ten pages easily.

    When will people understand why these rags do what they do?
    Agree. Not to mention the fact that many of these newspaper reporters have seen their former colleagues go on to have lucrative careers at ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox, etc. while the newspaper business is dying more and more each day. The proliferation of new media has fostered a culture among journalist to be "part of the story" instead of just reporting the story. You see this in other areas of journalism, not just sports, where the reporter is a household name not because thr reporter is a Woodward/Bernstein either.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    @TheBigLead: Jets fans - same NYDN peeps who told me Hoops Weiss was laid off are saying @MMehtaNYDN is moving off NY Jets beat. New role will be [1of2]

    @TheBigLead: 'NFL Insider' (w focus on big-picture Jets stuff) probably similar to Bedard's old role @ Globe. Finally, a good NFL columnist there [2of2]
    Superbowl here we come. Just ask the homers.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,459
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Superbowl here we come. Just ask the homers.
    What exactly is a homer to you?? I understand Ray could be a example and also the Raider fan that posts here.. Do you consider someone that doesn't constantly dwell on negative topic's a homer as well?? I think if certain SOJF's brought their Jet attitude to the rest of their lives suicide would be the only option.. For a example say fishing, the Jet whine attitude there would be I know we won't catch anything, I'll get sun burned and the boat will probably sink.. In Golf I'll probably hack every hole throw my clubs in the pond and get hit with a ball and get a skull fracture.. On kids it would be; It's probley not mine and if it is he will grow up to be a serial killer and he will start with me and the wife.. It's pathetic when having good thoughts about your favorite team is looked on as being a negative..

    And BTW I think Sanchez needs to move on,Holmes as well and Rex needs to become a complete HC not just a fine DC.. I also have had problems with Woody.. But since I'm not a card carrying member of the Chicken Little Brigade I guess you would consider me a homer as well..

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    What exactly is a homer to you?? I understand Ray could be a example and also the Raider fan that posts here.. Do you consider someone that doesn't constantly dwell on negative topic's a homer as well?? I think if certain SOJF's brought their Jet attitude to the rest of their lives suicide would be the only option.. For a example say fishing, the Jet whine attitude there would be I know we won't catch anything, I'll get sun burned and the boat will probably sink.. In Golf I'll probably hack every hole throw my clubs in the pond and get hit with a ball and get a skull fracture.. On kids it would be; It's probley not mine and if it is he will grow up to be a serial killer and he will start with me and the wife.. It's pathetic when having good thoughts about your favorite team is looked on as being a negative..

    And BTW I think Sanchez needs to move on,Holmes as well and Rex needs to become a complete HC not just a fine DC.. I also have had problems with Woody.. But since I'm not a card carrying member of the Chicken Little Brigade I guess you would consider me a homer as well..
    Hey..Im as big a fan as anyone, and in fact, I've probably aligned myself with the homers after our draft. I like it, A LOT. Love Milner, Richardson, Geno, Lineman from Kent State etc... Idzik appears to know what he's doing.

    These press writers have NO affect on performance so to complain about them is ridiculous. Manish..whomever.

    I like Geno, REX, but we cant have blind enthusiasm from fans and expect management to change. The 2 years in a row of sub par forced change as did fans not showing up.

    Not sure how old anyone is but I have lived through the sack exchange to the down years. I LOVE being a JETS fan. BUT we cant be blind to our problems. this teams management has been average for a LONG time and our record shows it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us