Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainjizz done!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Rask will finally face his first challenge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    The jizz are the most over rated team in sports. Good riddance.
    They got to the second round of the playoffs. They're good, but nowhere near great. Not sure how that makes them overrated....maybe just in your mind if you think they're better than they proved to be in just missing out on getting to hockey's final 4.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Ok, all three are done. Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Whatcha gonna do, apache

At least the Rangers and Devils have won something since the first Reagan Administration and haven't been recently kicked out of the territory they are named for like Pete's Old Country Road Potato Farmers
    Four Stanley Cups.

Jets Insider VIP
    None in the last three decades

Homeless, fanless too

Nice of the NHL to provide the millions of Ranger fans with 6 or more home games in our alternate Brooklyn arena, though...Thanks, Commissioner Bettman
    Last edited by sg3; 05-27-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Rangers did well for a team that almost missed the playoffs.

The Rangers did poorly for a team with such a high payroll.

I guess it depends on the angle you want to take.

Either way, I'll take the Islanders future over the Rangers right now. If Wang spends some money, the next 5 years could be very special.

Whatcha gonna do, apache

At least the Rangers and Devils have won something since the first Reagan Administration and haven't been recently kicked out of the territory they are named for like Pete's Old Country Road Potato Farmers
    As opposed to the first Clinton administration?

Let's not act like the Rangers have won anything recently. 20 years next year.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    As opposed to the first Clinton administration?

Let's not act like the Rangers have won anything recently. 20 years next year.

The saddest thing is the fact that this is a Jets message board and they're the NY area team that has gone the longest since their last championship. Even the Nets have won (an ABA) championship more recently...

LOL at Jets fans trolling other Jets fans on a Jets site about their hockey teams. Jesus Christ. Some of you guys are as bad as the Patriot trolls you all can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    LOL at Jets fans trolling other Jets fans on a Jets site about their hockey teams. Jesus Christ. Some of you guys are as bad as the Patriot trolls you all can't stand.
    GFY

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Rask is very good. It will be interesting to see how he does against Pitt.

This matchup reminds me a lot of the Boston-Tampa Bay matchup in the ECF two years ago. The Lecavalier-Stamkos-St. Louis line was getting to the net at will in that series. TB scored 5 goals in 4 of the 7 games. But Thomas had two shutouts and that was the difference in the series. Not sure that Rask can rise to that level against a team as explosive as Pitt.
    Kind of excited to see this matchup. I said to my Mazzhole friend before the playoffs started "The Bruins are the only team that can give the Pens a real challenge and they may not even get past the first round." That turned out to be very true.

Bruins are going to (try to) turn this into a very physical series, I'm guessing. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm not even sure who I will be rooting for, though it feels like the Bruins. I really don't like the Penguins and I don't have that visceral, anti-Boston feeling against the Bruins that I do for everyone of their other teams. And Lucic, Horton (who I hope the Isles make a run at) and Marchand are 3 players who I really like. Seguin? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The Rangers did well for a team that almost missed the playoffs.

The Rangers did poorly for a team with such a high payroll.

I guess it depends on the angle you want to take.

Either way, I'll take the Islanders future over the Rangers right now. If Wang spends some money, the next 5 years could be very special.
    Rangers are a pretty young team.

Nash, Staal, Girardi, McDonough, Haglin, Kreider, Callahan, Stepan, Dorsett, Moore, Brassard, Boyle, Del Zotto, JT Miller

The oldest one there might be Girardi at 29 and Callahan at 28. The rest around 25 years old or younger. Rangers aren't an old team by far.

the truth.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Rangers are a pretty young team.

Nash, Staal, Girardi, McDonough, Haglin, Kreider, Callahan, Stepan, Dorsett, Moore, Brassard, Boyle, Del Zotto, JT Miller

The oldest one there might be Girardi at 29 and Callahan at 28. The rest around 25 years old or younger. Rangers aren't an old team by far.
    Nash is also 28, but my comment was less about the Rangers and more about the Islanders upside. Okposo and Grabner are the oldest of the young pups at 25. John T is still a baby at 22. They also acquired Tim Thomas so they were effectively below the NHL's team salary floor.

The Rangers don't have that kind of runway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Both teams have a nice future to look forward to IMO

At least neither is banking on 74 year old Zdeno Chara as their savior

All Pro
    +1

Completely pathetic and embarassing.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Both teams have a nice future to look forward to IMO

At least neither is banking on 74 year old Zdeno Chara as their savior
    Chara is seemingly ageless - the dude plays close to 30 minutes a game. Plus Lucic is 24, Kraceji is in his mid-20s, Bergeron is somewhere in his 20s as is Marchand.

Big question for that team is whether they keep Horton. If they let him walk, I wouldn't mind the Isles taking a run at him. Could be the perfect complement to JT and Bailey on the Isles first line.

Either way, the Bruins are pretty damn good and not really on the eldery side.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

And Torts was just canned. Guessing Richards gets bought out now that he doesn't have his Protector at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    And Torts was just canned. Guessing Richards gets bought out now that he doesn't have his Protector at the helm.
    Good. F**k that idiot.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good. F**k that idiot.
    Is there a coach you do like round these here parts?

Terry Collins? Girardi?