Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: i have a feeling about sanchez

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,822
    There's a better than 50% chance of Sanchez beating out Geno, IMO.

    Mornhinweg said Mark's accuracy% is "sky high."

    From the videos I've seen lately, Sanchez looks smooth - Geno looks raw.

    Three months to go. Never a dull moment in Jetland.

  2. #22
    I have a feeling that Sanchez sucks and will be the worst QB in the NFL next season, assuming that he plays at all.

  3. #23
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    167
    Sanchez will be the starting QB vs Bucs and barring injuries will finish season with decent numbers.This offense is catered to both quick throws and occasionally the long ball,both to his advantage. Our receivers need to get healthy and also produce this is a team sport.The most pressing question to me is how the OL holds up and whether we will be able to run the ball on aregular basis.The real question will be how many of the nay sayers will still be around next year on this board or whether they will jump ship or possibly just disappear.
    Its going to be fun.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    No way mark wants out.. Can you name another team who would even give him a chance to compete for starting job? Dont even think a bottom of the barrel team like oakland would even consider him.. He could easily restructure his deal to get out of here if he wanted, but he knows he stinks and will just take the guaranteed $ and hope geno is not quite ready..
    The Tampa Bay Storm

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,850
    Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    Sanchez will be the starting QB vs Bucs and barring injuries will finish season with decent numbers.This offense is catered to both quick throws and occasionally the long ball,both to his advantage. Our receivers need to get healthy and also produce this is a team sport.The most pressing question to me is how the OL holds up and whether we will be able to run the ball on aregular basis.The real question will be how many of the nay sayers will still be around next year on this board or whether they will jump ship or possibly just disappear.
    Its going to be fun.
    The real question Suckchezites must ask is how many all pros does Sucky need surrounding him in order to be an average QB?

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cutchogue
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The real question Suckchezites must ask is how many all pros does Sucky need surrounding him in order to be an average QB?
    Sounds like an old TV commercial:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU92e_ob5N0

    bottom line: "...the world may never know."

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    AMEN

    the last hurdle toward fixing the offense
    Really? The Jets have no other issues on offense? Does everyone here feel the same way? Honest question.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,576
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really? The Jets have no other issues on offense? Does everyone here feel the same way? Honest question.
    Listen there is a delusional group of Jets fans who somehow think or believe that we have all stars being held back by Sanchez.

    Indeed one poster last year said I was a "moron" because the Jets offense last year was the most talented offesnsively in Jets team history and that Sanchez was holding us back from the SB.

    The most talented in team history!!!!

    There is no rationality at times out here.

    Our offense minus Sanchez is one of the weakest in the NFL and that is with the upgrades!!!

    Was Sanchez awful last year of course he was.... Who says otherwise....

    Does that mean that the Jets can not be better and surprize folks next year?

    Of course we can; but we wont know until the team actually takes the field next year.

  9. #29
    I have a feeling his first completion on OD will be to Darelle Revis...

  10. #30
    I believe the majority of Jet fans have given up on Mark Sanchez. I too wanted to have him off the roster after June 1. I just don't think having him here will help the team rally around whoever is going to be starting. Now with Gerrard retiring we are almost cornered into keeping him around. If Mark somehow makes it thru T/C and starts and continues his play of last season, which I believe is very likely, there is going to be a revolt in the locker room. Many guys are running out of time and will not be happy with a third season of the same.
    It is still my hope that the Jets can work a trade before T/C for a experienced QB who knows MM system already and can come right and start. Thus allowing the moving of Mark and option of not playing Geno too soon.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,863
    When Jeremy Kerley is your best playmaker you have issues. We sucked at QB and almost everywhere else on offense. Hopefully the guys returning, developing and a new system will help

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Really? The Jets have no other issues on offense? Does everyone here feel the same way? Honest question.
    I think the Jets have question marks all over the offense. An optimist will fill those blanks with high hopes, and pessimists will do so with expectations of massive failure. The truth likely lies somewhere in between disaster and surprisingly good.

    The only position that stands out as a definite weakness to me (as the roster stands now) is Tight End. I find it unlikely that either Cumberland or Hayden Smith will develop into a strong player at the position this year - if ever.

    The Offensive Line will be between good and strong.... IF Colon stays healthy and Winters can step right in. I don't expect Ducasse to be a legitimate starter and Petermann would be a big problem in pass protection, where PFF graded him out as the worst Guard in the league in that area last year.

    The Wide Receivers will be solid... IF Holmes comes back healthy and Hill can improve his hands and durability. I think a veteran needs to be added as insurance, with Braylon Edwards being the best remaining FA at the position for the Jets.

    The Running Backs will be anywhere from mediocre to a big plus... IF Ivory stays healthy and Goodson is consistently available to play for the team this year. There's a lot of potential here, but if Goodson is released, the Jets need to pick up another veteran - ideally one who can catch the ball well out of the backfield.

    The bottom line is that, outside of TE, Idzik at least filled in the holes well enough to have a chance at a decent offense this year - if the "IFs" outlined above break the right way. However, part of the job in 2014's draft and free agency will be to address gaps where the IFs don't pan out as hoped.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    something tells me that sanchez is in a hurry for the jets to trade him.I just feel with the drafting of smith.the handwriting is on the wall.sanchez knows that his number is up and he will force the jets to dump him by showing his worst in training camp.for me a proven athlete always shows his desire to win.sanchez has not shown that in camp.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwdvVfy9fo4

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Indeed one poster last year said I was a "moron" because
    Let bygones not be bygones.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    something tells me that sanchez is in a hurry for the jets to trade him.I just feel with the drafting of smith.the handwriting is on the wall.sanchez knows that his number is up and he will force the jets to dump him by showing his worst in training camp.for me a proven athlete always shows his desire to win.sanchez has not shown that in camp.
    Ok now did you seriously just suggest a NFL player who awful as it is would intentionally play worse thus decreasing his value from a bag peanuts down to a pistachio shell? You are not the brightest bulb in the box sir.

  16. #36
    If Sanchez Wants to be traded him tanking in camp won't work bc nobody will take him. Following last year w a poor camp preseason showing will make him untradeable...he needs to either light it up in camp or outright demand a trade if he is in fact thinking this way.

    I personally expect nothing from mark at this point. That way he won't frustrate me.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by MykePM View Post
    I think the Jets have question marks all over the offense. An optimist will fill those blanks with high hopes, and pessimists will do so with expectations of massive failure. The truth likely lies somewhere in between disaster and surprisingly good.

    The only position that stands out as a definite weakness to me (as the roster stands now) is Tight End. I find it unlikely that either Cumberland or Hayden Smith will develop into a strong player at the position this year - if ever.

    The Offensive Line will be between good and strong.... IF Colon stays healthy and Winters can step right in. I don't expect Ducasse to be a legitimate starter and Petermann would be a big problem in pass protection, where PFF graded him out as the worst Guard in the league in that area last year.

    The Wide Receivers will be solid... IF Holmes comes back healthy and Hill can improve his hands and durability. I think a veteran needs to be added as insurance, with Braylon Edwards being the best remaining FA at the position for the Jets.

    The Running Backs will be anywhere from mediocre to a big plus... IF Ivory stays healthy and Goodson is consistently available to play for the team this year. There's a lot of potential here, but if Goodson is released, the Jets need to pick up another veteran - ideally one who can catch the ball well out of the backfield.

    The bottom line is that, outside of TE, Idzik at least filled in the holes well enough to have a chance at a decent offense this year - if the "IFs" outlined above break the right way. However, part of the job in 2014's draft and free agency will be to address gaps where the IFs don't pan out as hoped.
    Great post and response to a pathetic and obvious troll

    One tweak, I think the Jets RB's will be a massive upgrade this year, and I think Goodson will be a part of it.

    I think Hayden jumps on to the scene this year, there is something about this guy that screams the Jets are confident in this guy breaking out. Reuland is a solid #2 blocking TE who can be a decent weapon in the passing game.

    I too think the WR's will be a step up this year, if Holmes can get back healthy.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Great post and response to a pathetic and obvious troll

    One tweak, I think the Jets RB's will be a massive upgrade this year, and I think Goodson will be a part of it.

    I think Hayden jumps on to the scene this year, there is something about this guy that screams the Jets are confident in this guy breaking out. Reuland is a solid #2 blocking TE who can be a decent weapon in the passing game.

    I too think the WR's will be a step up this year, if Holmes can get back healthy.
    Funny Ray, but you're the only one who sees it as an 'obviously troll'. Everyone else saw it as the honest question it was. But thanks for your answer despite that. Although I think Myke's response is more accurate and certainly more grounded. No surprise there.

  19. #39
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,890
    I have a feeling about Sanchez too....luckily it goes away with each bowel movement.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us