Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have a feeling about sanchez

i have a feeling about sanchez

something tells me that sanchez is in a hurry for the jets to trade him.I just feel with the drafting of smith.the handwriting is on the wall.sanchez knows that his number is up and he will force the jets to dump him by showing his worst in training camp.for me a proven athlete always shows his desire to win.sanchez has not shown that in camp.

Jets Insider VIP
    his best is his worst at this point. He doesn't have to go out of his way to look AWFUL

problem with a trade is the other 31 teams have seen him play the past two seasons. Maybe they could swing a 7th round pick in 2074 for him from somebody but even that is doubtful unless Stevie Wonder is the GM of some franchise. More likely, Idzik will just send him packing during training camp or even before. His cap hit is the same if he is released after June 1 as it is if the Jets keep him around ruining their other quarterbacks for the season or, even worse, allow him on the field to start churning out turnovers again

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who cares ... Unless Smith is lights out in camp and preseason Sanchez will likely be the cannon fodder until the bye week ... That is what will likely be best for the team going forward

All League
    He has been showing his worst for a while. Does it get worse than buttfumble?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    his best is his worst at this point. He doesn't have to go out of his way to look AWFUL

problem with a trade is the other 31 teams have seen him play the past two seasons. Maybe they could swing a 7th round pick in 1974 for him from somebody but even that is doubtful unless Stevie Wonder is the GM of some franchise. More likely, Idzik will just send him packing during training camp or even before. His cap hit is the same if he is released after June 1 as it is if the Jets keep him around ruining their other quarterbacks for the season or, even worse, allow him on the field to start churning out turnovers again
    FIXED

Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    something tells me that sanchez is in a hurry for the jets to trade him.I just feel with the drafting of smith.the handwriting is on the wall.sanchez knows that his number is up and he will force the jets to dump him by showing his worst in training camp.for me a proven athlete always shows his desire to win.sanchez has not shown that in camp.
    A player who has already lost tons of value intentionally tanking his career? Really doubt it.

For what it's worth MM said in a Cimini article that beside the open practice Sanchez has been very good.

He certainly doesn't have much wiggle room right now

Quote Originally Posted by flgreen View Post
    A player who has already lost tons of value intentionally tanking his career? Really doubt it.

For what it's worth MM said in a Cimini article that beside the open practice Sanchez has been very good.

He certainly doesn't have much wiggle room right now
    MM + Cimini in the same article? So much fail

Hall Of Fame
    If he wants to be traded he will try to play his best. Sh*t players can't demand trades. Given his performance and his salary he is virtually untradeable.

I have a feeling about him too.

Nope, that's just gas.

No way mark wants out.. Can you name another team who would even give him a chance to compete for starting job? Dont even think a bottom of the barrel team like oakland would even consider him.. He could easily restructure his deal to get out of here if he wanted, but he knows he stinks and will just take the guaranteed $ and hope geno is not quite ready..

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I have a feeling about him too.

Nope, that's just gas.
    Someone made a funny ...

I thought that's what he was doing last season, especially the AZ game

sanchez knows that his number is up and he will force the jets to dump him by showing his worst in training camp.
    A most dangerous game. If he does this there's a chance no one will notice and then everybody loses.

Well, something has to be wrong. You look at how he played in 4 playoff games back in 2009 and 2010 and those games are night and day from today. If he wants out of town, I say great, but why wouldn't he take a pay cut so the Jets can make it happen?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Cut Sanchez with a post June 1st designation and be done with him.

That would be the best thing this team could do right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    Cut Sanchez with a post June 1st designation and be done with him.

That would be the best thing this team could do right now.
    AMEN

the last hurdle toward fixing the offense

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Well, something has to be wrong. You look at how he played in 4 playoff games back in 2009 and 2010 and those games are night and day from today. If he wants out of town, I say great, but why wouldn't he take a pay cut so the Jets can make it happen?
    that would be a common sense solution for sanchez.but in reality he knows that he has the jets by the balls.he can just wait them out and take the money to the bank.

IMO the jets will give Mark every opportunity to win the starting position this year and he will try his best. Not only to win and keep the job but to enhance his position as a FA if the jets let him go next off season. No qb is going to tank by giving poor effort. At the very least, a personal performance like he did in his 1st and 2nd seasons will allow him to hold a clipboard for 10 years for 1-2 mill a year.

I have a feeling about Sanchez too!

It's a lot like diarrhea!

All Pro
    I think Sanchez would make a great stop gap in Tampa and Freeman in NY . Both these players need a change of scenery