Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Weekend and nothing but Rain.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Local brewery had a weekend festival with camping out. Monsoon with lightning Thurs night. Heavy rain with temps in 30's Fri Night. Freezing with snow on Sat night. Finally cancelled on Sunday.

Monday kicked azz though.
    Whiteface had three feet of snow the other day. How much, if any, did you get, Timmy?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Whiteface had three feet of snow the other day. How much, if any, did you get, Timmy?
    none, but wife and i did take a drive to Lake Placid area on Sunday and we saw some on the side of the road.

i walked to the top of my property and saw Mt. Mansfield (Smugglers Notch ski area) got some.

picture perfect today - presently putting red geraniums in the window box.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    none, but wife and i did take a drive to Lake Placid area on Sunday and we saw some on the side of the road.

i walked to the top of my property and saw Mt. Mansfield (Smugglers Notch ski area) got some.

picture perfect today - presently putting red geraniums in the window box.
    What a crazy weather Spring. Enjoy the day.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in southern VT on a small mountain, and had 2 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning.

BTW Timmy, where have you been hiding the ice ciders? Went out to dinner Saturday night, and for dessert had a bottle of Eden Ice Cider. Aw man, delicious. Looked online to see where I can get some, and it looks like I'd have to travel almost to Canada to get it (West Charleston).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found a great cider made at an apple farm outside of Boston when I lived there. Simple, tasty, good alcohol content.

They used their own apples. No clue about the name of the farm

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I was in southern VT on a small mountain, and had 2 inches of snow on the ground Sunday morning.

BTW Timmy, where have you been hiding the ice ciders? Went out to dinner Saturday night, and for dessert had a bottle of Eden Ice Cider. Aw man, delicious. Looked online to see where I can get some, and it looks like I'd have to travel almost to Canada to get it (West Charleston).
    I have not had a lot of ice cider. There is an ice cider route in Quebec just north of the Vermont line and I've sampled those. I drive near Eden on the way to Hill Farmstead Brewery so I could send you some if you can't order it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope all is okay with Iahawkeyejet and any other people from Iowa. Heard they got slammed with rains up to a foot!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Hope all is okay with Iahawkeyejet and any other people from Iowa. Heard they got slammed with rains up to a foot!
    Gonna be a NASTY storm season... When shlt gets as bad as it is THIS early in the south it's never a good sign.

And these bi-polar temps are major tornado breeders.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Gonna be a NASTY storm season... When shlt gets as bad as it is THIS early in the south it's never a good sign.

And these bi-polar temps are major tornado breeders.
    it's all f*ed up. Virginia and DC are now in the snowbelt..NY and NJ seem to get more snow than we do...and we get a hell of a lot of rain in the summer. chicago seems to be in the spot where it's either hot and humid or freezing, with little in between.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's all f*ed up. Virginia and DC are now in the snowbelt..NY and NJ seem to get more snow than we do...and we get a hell of a lot of rain in the summer. chicago seems to be in the spot where it's either hot and humid or freezing, with little in between.
    It definitely seems like things have tilted or something...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I found a great cider made at an apple farm outside of Boston when I lived there. Simple, tasty, good alcohol content.

They used their own apples. No clue about the name of the farm
    ice wine is a little different. the apples are left on trees until late January and picked well below freezing. the frozen juice ferments. it is very sweet and very expensive.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's all f*ed up. Virginia and DC are now in the snowbelt...
    DC and VA have always been in the Snowbelt every few years. We're cyclical here, for 4-5 years we get just spotty flurries most winters. Then for a year or two we get a dump of 12-24 inches (or two) a year. We get very short spring/fall seasons, and generally skip the really great 65-75 degree sunny-as-hell spring weather everyone loves.

I don't see alot of difference between this area weather today, and what it was when I first moved here 20+ years ago.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weather in Florida was absolutely perfect this weekend, Perfect!!

Thanks to all who have and are currently serving in our armed services.

For all else here that have showed appreciation, your welcome, USAF Alum.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Local brewery had a weekend festival with camping out. Monsoon with lightning Thurs night. Heavy rain with temps in 30's Fri Night. Freezing with snow on Sat night. Finally cancelled on Sunday.

Monday kicked azz though.

Why do I think George Washington is sleeping in that tent?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not had a lot of ice cider. There is an ice cider route in Quebec just north of the Vermont line and I've sampled those. I drive near Eden on the way to Hill Farmstead Brewery so I could send you some if you can't order it.
    Looks like that's relatively close. Now you're doomed - I might just take you up on that offer. Going to call Eden today to see if they ship direct.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

This is actually pregame festivities at the Meadowlands super bowl.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Thanks man. I'm lucky and outside of any potential flood area, and my town(Cedar Rapids, 2nd biggest "city" in Iowa) has not had too major of an issue yet, but there are some rural areas that are in really bad shape with flooding.

People in my town are definitely collectively holding our breath though, as a major river runs directly through our down town area. In 2008, we had a major flood, and it destroyed our downtown area, millions of dollars of damages, lots of business forced from their buildings, and lots of local merchants businesses destroyed. We are literally JUST finishing the rebuilding of everything in the area, and now the flooding is occuring again throughout the state, but currently nothing has happened in that area, but with heavy rained in the forecast for everyday until Saturday, people are definitely getting nervous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ice wine is a little different. the apples are left on trees until late January and picked well below freezing. the frozen juice ferments. it is very sweet and very expensive.
    Hmm... That sound good! Now I must find.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No hearty Mums for me!!!!! This is happening right now!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2milehighJet View Post
    No hearty Mums for me!!!!! This is happening right now!!!

Is that snow?

Damn you live in the land of fire & ice