Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day Weekend and nothing but Rain.

All League

Memorial Day Weekend and nothing but Rain.

No golfing, No grilling, no campfires, no chilling outdoors with a drink in hand, nothing but couch time. Constant rain here in Iowa since Friday night. Total bummer.

All that said, thanks to all that have served, and an extra thanks to those who paid the ultimate price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Been a pretty miserable stretch here out east, although today is nice out, but with the front still moving through it's still windy as balls, and it's very cool out.

It's unseasonably cool but its better than a total washout. Hoping to get some fishing in tomorrow.

All League
    The Big L family is away with another family.

Doofus husband is one of those people who has no pyhsical awareness of anything that goes on more that two feet from his nose. And the clown is on his iPhone CONSTANTLY. Last night after kids are asleep, mrs. Big L and I are enjoying more cocktails, conversing with the other couples wife while doofus just sat there on his phone.

Unreal. Put the phone down for a few hours and join the conversation like a normal human being.

Jackass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Enjoyed the last 11 beautiful warm and sunny days in Charleston, Kiawah Island and Surf Watch at Hilton Head

Golf Beach Pool Bikes Great food

No joke, I am making a huge pot of chicken stock. It's still cool in the kitchen. Now, in a few hours, we'll have a delicious meal of the soup (with ditalini pasta)
    and chicken. Plus, I'll have stock to make a pot pie tomorrow as well as to freeze for future dishes like risotto ( I hate store-bought stock).

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Enjoyed the last 11 beautiful warm and sunny days in Charleston, Kiawah Island and Surf Watch at Hilton Head

Serious question, have you always been a dick?

Crummy here too until 10 minutes ago when the sun popped out for the first time in days. I feel bad for 300,000 visitors who came to the Cape for the weekend. Next week looks beautiful starting tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Serious question, have you always been a dick?

Crummy here too until 10 minutes ago when the sun popped out for the first time in days. I feel bad for 300,000 visitors who came to the Cape for the weekend. Next week looks beautiful starting tomorrow.
    Serious answer chowd troll azzhole

GFY

Serious answer chowd troll azzhole

GFY
    Run along to the ''My dog just died'' thread and post ''MY dog is alive and kickin'!! We just played ball and went for a long walk and i gave him a cookie while he licked my face.''

Stick to the pfail strip azzhat. You really are clueless.

Vin, I have never been up to Maine. Thinking about taking a trip with the family up there for a week or so. You know anything about Boothbay Harbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Vin, I have never been up to Maine. Thinking about taking a trip with the family up there for a week or so. You know anything about Boothbay Harbor?
    Boothbay is beautiful, quaint, and a quintessential Maine seaport town. It can get crowded and traffic can be brutal as there's just a single lane road in and out. But it's worth a trip. I had a friend that owned a huge house on a bluff. It's marked on many local maps as "Flagpole". We'd go up in the off season, and stoke up the Russian wood stove. It was as big as a VW bus, and took 2 1/2 days to get going, but it would heat the entire 9 bedroom house. The whole coast of Maine is beautiful. I'd rank Boothbay as one of the prettiest towns there.

Boothbay is beautiful, quaint, and a quintessential Maine seaport town. It can get crowded and traffic can be brutal as there's just a single lane road in and out. But it's worth a trip. I had a friend that owned a huge house on a bluff. It's marked on many local maps as "Flagpole". We'd go up in the off season, and stoke up the Russian wood stove. It was as big as a VW bus, and took 2 1/2 days to get going, but it would heat the entire 9 bedroom house. The whole coast of Maine is beautiful. I'd rank Boothbay as one of the prettiest towns there.
    Thanks, Vin. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Jets Insider VIP
    Run along to the ''My dog just died'' thread and post ''MY dog is alive and kickin'!! We just played ball and went for a long walk and i gave him a cookie while he licked my face.''

Stick to the pfail strip azzhat. You really are clueless.

as I said, azzhole chowd troll

GFY, EAD

Thanks, Vin. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    You too, Borgo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    No golfing, No grilling, no campfires, no chilling outdoors with a drink in hand, nothing but couch time. Constant rain here in Iowa since Friday night. Total bummer.

All that said, thanks to all that have served, and an extra thanks to those who paid the ultimate price.
    Sorry to hear that, Iowa (we need a better nick for you). Good to see you have the weekend in perspective, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Been a pretty miserable stretch here out east, although today is nice out, but with the front still moving through it's still windy as balls, and it's very cool out.

It's unseasonably cool but its better than a total washout. Hoping to get some fishing in tomorrow.
    Well said, Fish. It's better than they were predicting, so there's that.

Why? Seriously. All anyone else "hears" when someone posts something like what you did in a thread like this one is:

Re-reading what you wrote, do you not see that? With SAR banned I would think that you would've mellowed a bit.

Jets Insider VIP
    I apologize for mentioning I had a good vacation.

Jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

Re-reading what you wrote, do you not see that? With SAR banned I would think that you would've mellowed a bit.
    I missed this. What happened?

Jets Insider VIP
    3-4 days ago. Bonhomme-red

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Thinking of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Hall Of Fame
    Posted a pic of carnival clowns in a thread and got banned.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...29&postcount=3

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=17

3-4 days ago. Bonhomme-red
    Thanks, sg3. Have a great evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Thinking of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
    Well said, Apache. Thoughts to all who lost their lives, as well as for their families and friends. RIP.