Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mornhin-why?

Mornhin-why?

I've tried to be enthusiastic about this guy but the more I read about him the more difficult it becomes to keep my offseason green colored glasses on.

Here's a couple of points of concern:

All League
    Why?

Schotty & Sparano. That's why.

People didn't get mad because Schitty got "pass-happy sometimes"

They got mad that he had NO clue when to pass and when to run.

That and we could call the offensive plays from the couch like clockwork.

Hall Of Fame
    There are some legitimate concerns about his system although I believe Andy Reid did the play calling in Philly so maybe MM will be more balanced.

But it is hard to argue that he is not an upgrade over Schotty/Sparano.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    I've tried to be enthusiastic about this guy but the more I read about him the more difficult it becomes to keep my offseason green colored glasses on.

Itdzik does not care about his season. He needs to see what he has as an organization. From the top all the way down to the ball boys. Woody will not let him get rid of certain people, this is how you do it. The main problem is Woody. He has to show Woody, that he has to let him rebuild, rebuild with out him butting in. Owners like in Dallas and Washington fail. Money does not make you a builder of a football team, bringing the correct people does.

All of your points contradict one another, you can't be concerned about whether it was Reid's offense or Mornhinweg's offense than be concerned about what Eagles fans supposedly thought about how the offense was managed, and blame it on Mornhinweg.

Mornhinweg also has a track record of developing QB's, as does the jets new QB coach in David Lee, so I'm not at all concerned about the Sanchez comments, only the Sanchez haters with their agendas can spin that.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-28-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Itdzik does not care about his season. He needs to see what he has as an organization. From the top all the way down to the ball boys. Woody will not let him get rid of certain people, this is how you do it. The main problem is Woody. He has to show Woody, that he has to let him rebuild, rebuild with out him butting in. Owners like in Dallas and Washington fail. Money does not make you a builder of a football team, bringing the correct people does.
    Yeah... Sure... That's what it is

And what, may I ask, do YOU own??? You seem to be quite the expert!

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post

Jets fans (some of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Why?

Schotty & Sparano. That's why.
    I think he has more in common with Sparano than Schottenheimer. Both Sparano and Wornhinweg have losing records as head coaches. Both had lackluster offenses and losing seasons before joining the Jets.

Say what you will about Schotty but he has only 2 losing seasons on his resume as a offensive coordinator while working with about a half dozen different QBs.

Jets Insider VIP

I see as soon as MM says something that goes inoppoistion to what folks have said out here as gospel people are now trying to find fault with potentially the best OC the Jets have had in a generation....

Hmmmm no a well respected OC who is actually observing the players couldn't possibly know more than Jets fans sitting at home!!!

Good Grief!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I see as soon as MM says something that goes inoppoistion to what folks have said out here as gospel people are now trying to find fault with potentially the best OC the Jets have had in a generation....

Hmmmm no a well respected OC who is actually observing the players couldn't possibly know more than Jets fans sitting at home!!!

Good Grief!!!!!
    Dinger was the most respected, he sucked, destroyed 2 QB's who couldn't throw down field, but he was the most respected.

Morningwig developed Joey Harrington. If Morningwig was so well respected he would be a HC again. We didn't exactly get the next Hank Stram or Bill Walsh, we got a recycled mid level OC.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-28-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Good Grief!!!!!
    Your constant kissing of the amazingly horrible Suckchez' butt is becoming irritating....Good Grief! !

All Pro

Good Grief!!!!!
    I can well believe that MM is telling the truth about Sanchez .. thing is he always has looked good in practice / OTA's, but when it's game time all that good accuracy and decision making goes out the window. So I don't believe it's "emperor's new clothes" at all, but I also don't believe we're seeing a "new Sanchez" just yet.

If he can keep it up when it's for real, and he's getting knocked around in the pocket, then I'll start to believe.

All Pro

Thought this article on NFL.com was relevant to this :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...njured-players

Philadelphia Eagles

Games missed: Offensive tackle Jason Peters (16), center Jason Kelce (14), tackle/guard Todd Herremans (8), quarterback Michael Vick (6), wide receiver DeSean Jackson (5), running back LeSean McCoy (4)

Analysis: It's hard to separate Vick's struggles last season from the decimated Eagles offensive line. For half of the season, left guard Evan Mathis was the only healthy starter up front. December was not kind to three of the team's most potent weapons, as McCoy missed three of the five games that month, Vick missed four and Jackson missed all of them.
    Regardless of who is under center in Week 1, the offense will run more smoothly with three above-average linemen returning to join first-round draft pick Lane Johnson. The speed and versatility of McCoy and Jackson will be emphasized in Chip Kelly's up-tempo offense.

I think too much is made from the "Andy Reid didn't bring him to Kansas City" there are a few great HC's that separated from long time mentors such as BB and Tuna (the second time), feel free to list more...

Marty was interviewing for HC positions when Reid had the job open so does not seem like a snub, and he is in a much better position with the Jets if that is still his goal since he will be running the show, not something he would have had in KC (no question who will be calling offensive plays)

and first time since Dinger that Jets had experience at OC; Shotty was learning and Spork was more defense oriented, Marty is a huge upgrade over both Rex and MM can learn from each other

While his record as HC of the Lions was disasterous, I don't think anyone could have turned that franchise around with the talent they had at the time.

ALSO...

"Mornhinweg masterminded the Eagles offense in the final six games of the 2006 season, and into the NFC Playoffs. Coach Andy Reid gave Mornhinweg the play calling responsibilities after the Eagles' disastrous loss to the Indianapolis Colts, 45-21. The Eagles won all six games, employing a more balanced run/pass attack. The wins included an unprecedented three consecutive December divisional road games, all with a back-up quarterback, Jeff Garcia. It was the only time Reid yielded play calling responsibilities, a role Mornhinweg continued through the 2007 season."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_M...Professional_2

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    All of your points contradict one another, you can't be concerned about whether it was Reid's offense or Mornhinweg's offense than be concerned about what Eagles fans supposedly thought about how the offense was managed, and blame it on Mornhinweg.

Mornhinweg also has a track record of developing QB's, as does the jets new QB coach in David Lee, so I'm not at all concerned about the Sanchez comments, only the Sanchez haters with their agendas can spin that.
    The confusion itself is concerning.

Last year it was clearly Mornhinweg calling the plays. As the offense sputtered Reid considered taking back playcalling responsibility.

But that same link also states "Reid called his own plays from 1999 through the middle of 2006; the Eagles went to four NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl with Reid doing his own play-calling. However, the Eagles had their highest-scoring stretch ever with Mornhinweg doing it."

I just cannot reconcile the offensive talent the Eagles had last year with a 29th ranked offense and a 4-12 record. Same goes for an 8-8 record the season before.

But I may just go full Ray Ray and focus on "the Eagles had their highest-scoring stretch ever with Mornhinweg doing it."

Morning is just a temporary coach. Next year we get rid of Rex and allow the new coach to name his own staff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Dinger was the most respected, he sucked, destroyed 2 QB's who couldn't throw down field, but he was the most respected.

Morningwig developed Joey Harrington. If Morningwig was so well respected he would be a HC again. We didn't exactly get the next Hank Stram or Bill Walsh, we got a recycled mid level OC.
    Are you talking about on the Jets

If so, this is preposterous!!!!

Chad Pennington and his back up went down as the result of injuries on two consecqutive series!!!

Brooks Bollinger was the next man up and only folks out here and one reporter thought Bollinger was the next Johnny U!!!

It is absolute insanity to say because person "A" wasnt a good HC he isnt a good OC.....

Ummm ever hear of Norv Turner!!!

Come on man you are a better poster than this!!!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc;4901619[B
    ]I've tried to be enthusiastic about this guy[/B] but the more I read about him the more difficult it becomes to keep my offseason green colored glasses on.

Yeah right. Sure you have. Marty has nothing in common with Sporano. Sporano was never an OC, and Marty has been one for 11 years.

Discounting his horrible HCing experience in Detroit you have his NFL ranking in points;
    5th, 3rd, 22nd, 6th, 6th, 17th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 8th, 29th.
    Then here you have his ranking in rushing yards;
    8th, 3rd, 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th, 14th, 15th, 4th, 2nd, 21st.

So in SF he was never below 9th in the league in rushing.
    If you were trying to be enthusiastic you did a lousy job of it.