Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: season ticket holder perk

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

season ticket holder perk

daniel kaplan @dkaplanSBJ

"In SBJ, NFL planning to make RedZone free on mobile 4 all season ticket holders, big part of push to create more value for season tix buyers
    9:01 AM - 28 May 2013"

I'd rather have cheaper pre-seasons!!! Post season increases...pre-season should decrease.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post

"In SBJ, NFL planning to make RedZone free on mobile 4 all season ticket holders, big part of push to create more value for season tix buyers

I'd rather have cheaper pre-seasons!!! Post season increases...pre-season should decrease.
    So the NFL ticket sales are down cause more people watch on TV or on-line so as a perk to those who attend games they are giving them free access to watch it on-line.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love going to all of the Jets home games but when the Jets are on the road, it's almost a relief sometimes....Just relaxing/cooking some good food, watching the pregames and making last second fantasy football decisions and then at 1 pm its football heaven for the day

Nothing beats watching my 2 HD Big screens side by side with redzone on one channel, and the Jets or a game of my choice on the other if the Jets aren't on at that time.....Have a few friends and family over and it's hard to beat that. Also helps that I bet games here and there and also play in a few fantasy leagues so there's always action and something to root for
    Last edited by King Koopa; 05-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    PLUS the hat?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Within five years you will see PSL's disappear. The NFL is caught in a catch 22, pun intended. They want you at the games, but need the tv revenue to pay the salaries.
    As of now teams cannot fill all the seats because the high cost of tickets coupled with PSL's are keeping fans away. Tv coverage has also improved in the last 15 years.
    All we need to do is look at our team and fan base for proof. Eventually the league will persuade the owners to drop the PSL's. They really need the best of both worlds. If the teams dont sell out, you get the black out. Nobody wins.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Within five years you will see PSL's disappear. The NFL is caught in a catch 22, pun intended. They want you at the games, but need the tv revenue to pay the salaries.
    As of now teams cannot fill all the seats because the high cost of tickets coupled with PSL's are keeping fans away. Tv coverage has also improved in the last 15 years.
    All we need to do is look at our team and fan base for proof. Eventually the league will persuade the owners to drop the PSL's. They really need the best of both worlds. If the teams dont sell out, you get the black out. Nobody wins.
    nice story

except for the fact that the NFL has the best attendance of any sport and the Jets or Giants haven't been blacked out for one game of any kind in any stadium they've played in since sometime in the 70s.... I eagerly await you returning in five years to admit you were wrong about your prediction in this post, too. I won't hold my breath though

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    which is why smart owners (Kraft) don't have PSLs

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    True...but I think it will work to the sth fans' advantage....ticket price increases can not make up for lost revenue of a tv blackout...so, they will hold the line on ticket prices/lower them and give more perks to sth's. They have to appease the sth's to keep them in their seats or risk the blackout. In a year or two, many psl's will be paid in full and people may just walk away and owe no more money if they jack up the ticket prices...that pressure will keep ticket prices steady. The NFL has already come out and said they want to make gameday more attractive...I expect to see an 18 game season, only 1 pre-season with reduced ticket prices and some more

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft got the equivalent money from Massachusetts after he hijacked them by holding Connecticut hostage. He makes up the rest by charging huge dollars for fans to park in unpaved garbage dumps outside his stadium, making them walk up to the upper deck and charging the highest gameday prices in the entire NFL. Plus you get to spend three hours driving in and out on a one lane country road.

Yessir -- he's a genuine Mother Theresa as far as owners go

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Kraft got the equivalent money from Massachusetts after he hijacked them by holding Connecticut hostage. He makes up the rest by charging huge dollars for fans to park in unpaved garbage dumps outside his stadium, making them walk up to the upper deck and charging the highest gameday prices in the entire NFL. Plus you get to spend three hours driving in and out on a one lane country road.

Krafty got enough state money to pay for ONE on ramp. The entire stadium and lots were privately financed.

The dirt lots are owned by independent operators. All Kraft lots are paved.

If you want you can take public transportation that stops at the stadium.

But don't let the facts bother you.

Oh yes, those in the upper deck have to walk. Oh the humanity.

And theres this.....

The New York Jets can at least call themselves champions in one category: ticket prices.

The Jets have the highest average, non-premium ticket price in the league at $117.94, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index, which was released Thursday afternoon.

Team Ticket price
    Jets $117.94
    Patriots $117.84
    Giants $111.69
    Bears $110.91
    Cowboys $110.70

The Jets topped the Patriots, who have sold out every game since 1994, by 10 cents ($117.84).

In its annual survey, Team Marketing Report found that the average NFL ticket, purchased from a team, will cost $78.38 this season, up 2.5 percent from last year. The average cost to bring a family to the game and buy four regular tickets (not suite or club), two beers, four hot dogs, parking, program and two adult size hats is $443.93, up 3.9 percent from last year.

Besides the Jets and Patriots, three other teams have non-suite tickets that are selling for more than $100: New York Giants ($111.69), Chicago Bears ($110.91) and Dallas Cowboys ($110.20).

The teams with the cheapest average tickets: Cleveland Browns ($54.20), Buffalo Bills ($58.36) and Jacksonville Jaguars ($59.54).

TMR says 10 teams raised ticket prices by at least one percent this year, up from the nine that dared to make increases coming into the lockout last season. The largest increase? The Chicago Bears at 9.3 percent. The average cost of a beer at a game is up 15 cents from last year to $7.28, the study found.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

No public money was used in building the stadium, and he certainly didn't hold Connecticut hostage.

It was brought to the attention of Kraft, the NFL, and Connecticut state officials that the riverfront area where the stadium would be located was contaminated with a plethora of chemicals.

Bob Kraft exercised an out clause in the Hartford contract two days before he would have been tied in and he escaped the agreement without financial penalty.
    You think he wouldn't have accepted that offer? he would have paid nothing and would get 90% of stadium revenue. All he got from Mass was a loan he had to pay back.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I love going to all of the Jets home games but when the Jets are on the road, it's almost a relief sometimes....Just relaxing/cooking some good food, watching the pregames and making last second fantasy football decisions and then at 1 pm its football heaven for the day

Nothing beats watching my 2 HD Big screens side by side with redzone on one channel, and the Jets or a game of my choice on the other if the Jets aren't on at that time.....Have a few friends and family over and it's hard to beat that. Also helps that I bet games here and there and also play in a few fantasy leagues so there's always action and something to root for
    We are brothers my friend. I feel the same way. Love the balance going and staying home. I also have 2 HD TV's, one for Red zone and one for local game. I would never want to do either for 16 weeks straight.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice chart but skewed

1. Jets have around 600 seats (coaches club) priced at 700 bucks

2. That chart fails to take into account the reductions in UD seats to 50 and 75 dollars after it was published.

3. All the parking lots at Met Life are paved and the average price is 25 dollars a game. More than 50 percent of the parking areas around the Sucksboro Sh1thole are unpaved and rat infested garbage dumps for which fans are charged 45 dollars or more in which to risk their lives parking

FACT

The Patriots have by far the highest gameday ticket prices in the entire NFL. Krafty presumably needs that money to pay for those bimbos he is auditioning for TV jobs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is delusional at best. First, NEVER use the Jets and its fan base as a standard by which to gauge other NFL teams and their fan bases or to make generalizations about the rest of the league . The Jets and Jets fans are unique. One-of-a-kind. We share a venue with another, more popular, team... Also, PSLs here are immensely expensive compared to other venues that have instituted PSLs. Hey... in Dallas, life revolves around the Cowboys. No MLB to compete for fan attention, no other NFL team, no hockey. Only the Mavs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    which is why smart owners (Kraft) don't have PSLs
    Kraft infuriated the citizens of Connecticut after he pulled out of the first stadium proposal. There was no way he was going to enrage the then-current season ticket holders by charging a PSL after they were already enraged about moving the team to Connecticut. PSLs would have been a disaster there. Better to have the extreme ticket pricing (the most in the NFL at the time) and absurd parking fees. Kraft was smart on this one.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    eh, 3 people in a car its only 5 bucks more per person parking at Gillette, and when was the last time you went there? Every time I've been there it's been a paved lot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    @thecommishofthenfl - Starting next year, the Jets owner will invest in better LUBE for the ..... of Jets season ticket holders.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    We are brothers my friend. I feel the same way. Love the balance going and staying home. I also have 2 HD TV's, one for Red zone and one for local game. I would never want to do either for 16 weeks straight.
    I'm with you guys, too. Love going to games but after back to back home games or whatever it is a great balance getting some quality couch time in for away games. You said it perfectly - wouldn't want to do either for 16 weeks straight. 8 and 8 (plus a bye) is perfect for me. Actually, perfect would be getting some post season home games. But I digress....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post

I'll be the lone positive voice - I'll take it! For some reason I never bought RedZone. I just figured I spend so half of the weekends at Jets games. Then the other weekends I'm watching the Jets for one of the games. But for free - yes, I'll take it!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Kraft infuriated the citizens of Connecticut after he pulled out of the first stadium proposal. There was no way he was going to enrage the then-current season ticket holders by charging a PSL after they were already enraged about moving the team to Connecticut. PSLs would have been a disaster there. Better to have the extreme ticket pricing (the most in the NFL at the time) and absurd parking fees. Kraft was smart on this one.
    The tickets a hardly extreme compared to Jets and the $10 extra parking I'm sure equals what Woody got for the PSLs.