Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: season ticket holder perk

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    this is delusional at best. First, NEVER use the Jets and its fan base as a standard by which to gauge other NFL teams and their fan bases or to make generalizations about the rest of the league . The Jets and Jets fans are unique. One-of-a-kind. We share a venue with another, more popular, team... Also, PSLs here are immensely expensive compared to other venues that have instituted PSLs. Hey... in Dallas, life revolves around the Cowboys. No MLB to compete for fan attention, no other NFL team, no hockey. Only the Mavs.
    The Cowboys have some of the most expensive psl's in the NFL and they cannot sell out.
    The Jets and Giants have a pool of over 11 million people to buy their tickets, which neither team can sell out for.
    To answer SG3, Woody had bought the majority of tickets for several games over the last few years to avoid the blackouts, its well documented.
    The reason for no blackouts before the new stadium is because there were no psl's.
    The five years is my guess, hold me to it if you'd like, I could care a less.
    Psl's have killed the NFL sellouts because the owners sold out on the fans.

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The Cowboys have some of the most expensive psl's in the NFL and they cannot sell out.
    The Jets and Giants have a pool of over 11 million people to buy their tickets, which neither team can sell out for.
    To answer SG3, Woody had bought the majority of tickets for several games over the last few years to avoid the blackouts, its well documented.
    The reason for no blackouts before the new stadium is because there were no psl's.
    The five years is my guess, hold me to it if you'd like, I could care a less.
    Psl's have killed the NFL sellouts because the owners sold out on the fans.
    nice theory


    keep running with it despite it being completely fallacious

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nice theory


    keep running with it despite it being completely fallacious
    You got issues man. If you dont agree with me, that's fine, but you dont have to be a dick.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    nice story

    except for the fact that the NFL has the best attendance of any sport and the Jets or Giants haven't been blacked out for one game of any kind in any stadium they've played in since sometime in the 70s.... I eagerly await you returning in five years to admit you were wrong about your prediction in this post, too. I won't hold my breath though
    That's just not true. Fifteen games were blacked out last year, after the restrictions were eased from 100% sellout to make it easier, and some games only made the threshold after the teams bought their own tickets.



    While the NFL still has the “big event” feel, fans have found themselves increasingly not feeling the overriding need to attend games. The result has been blackouts for several teams – a trend that is growing at such a rate that the NFL started giving teams the option of lowering their capacity rate of tickets sold from 100 percent in order to avoid blackouts.

    NFL Network’s First on the Field reported, Michael Lombardi mentioned that the New York Jets currently have 12,000 unsold tickets for this week’s Monday Night Football game against the Houston Texans.

    Meanwhile the Jets currently are facing a blackout on Monday Night Football in the NFL’s number # 1 market which has to be quite embarrassing. That is unless the Jets help lift the blackout by purchasing the remaining unsold seats for 34 cents on the dollar.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    Sorry, but Jet fans have been listening to this same horsefeathers since the days of the building of the new stadium

    PSLS are gonna result in acres of empty seats everywhere...no acres

    There will be TV blackouts because of PSLs ...no.blackouts

    There will be a massive exodus with tens of thousands of defaults...no exodus..few if any defaults



    Now, you suddenly arrive with your five year prediction. You blame PSLs for ALL NFL attendence issues, despite the actual FACTS that 1) NFL attendence leaguewide continues to be the best of all professional sports and 2) the only area of weakness as far as Jet attendence has been concerned in the new stadium has been in the Upper Deck with NO PSLS and crappy views. Even those even manage to eventually sell out sufficiently on.a single ticket basis


    I apologize for making light of another of the long series of dire gloomy forecasts which don't come trur

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 05-28-2013 at 10:14 PM.

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,191
    I said that NO Jets or Giants games had been blacked out in decades. Which 15 Jet and/ or Giant games were blacked out? Which MNF game Lombardi discussing ended up blacked out last year?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Sorry, but Jet fans have been listening to this same horsefeathers since the days of the building of the new stadium

    PSLS are gonna result in acres of empty seats everywhere...no acres

    There will be TV blackouts because of PSLs ...no.blackouts

    There will be a massive exodus with tens of thousands of defaults...no exodus..few if any defaults



    Now, you suddenly arrive with your five year prediction. You blame PSLs for ALL NFL attendence issues, despite the actual FACTS that 1) NFL attendence leaguewide continues to be the best of all professional sports and 2) the only area of weakness as far as Jet attendence has been concerned in the new stadium has been in the Upper Deck with NO PSLS and crappy views. Even those even manage to eventually sell out sufficiently on.a single ticket basis


    I apologize for making light of another of the long series of dire gloomy forecasts which don't come trur

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    1. I arrived here in 2003, six years ahead of you.

    2. Nascar holds the public attendance crown

    3. This is not a Jet issue but a league wide issue.

    4. Psl's are part of the problem, not the only problem.

    5. You fail to do some research as to how many games Woody bought out to avoid blackouts.

    6. You have made this a me against you thread like you normally do. I will not continue with this argument with you after this post. My original post were my thoughts which you are entitled to disagree with.
    Have a nice night.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    1. I arrived here in 2003, six years ahead of you.

    2. Nascar holds the public attendance crown

    3. This is not a Jet issue but a league wide issue.

    4. Psl's are part of the problem, not the only problem.

    5. You fail to do some research as to how many games Woody bought out to avoid blackouts.

    6. You have made this a me against you thread like you normally do. I will not continue with this argument with you after this post. My original post were my thoughts which you are entitled to disagree with.
    Have a nice night.
    Oh be careful, he's gonna tell you to GFY. Are you sure you can handle it?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    The Cowboys have some of the most expensive psl's in the NFL and they cannot sell out.
    The Jets and Giants have a pool of over 11 million people to buy their tickets, which neither team can sell out for.
    To answer SG3, Woody had bought the majority of tickets for several games over the last few years to avoid the blackouts, its well documented.
    The reason for no blackouts before the new stadium is because there were no psl's.
    The five years is my guess, hold me to it if you'd like, I could care a less.
    Psl's have killed the NFL sellouts because the owners sold out on the fans.
    1. Per NFL rules, empty club seats don't count in whether or not there is a sell out for blackout purposes. The Giants were sold out and the Jets were a few percentage points away from a sell out.

    2. Please provide said "documentation' that Woody bought back the "majority" of tickets for games to avoid blackouts. The opinions of posters here is not satisfactory "documentation".

    3. There were many teams without PSLs that have had blackouts through the years (Miami, Jacksonville, Arizona, San Diego to name a few). So the claim that PSLs are the cause of blackouts now is patently absurd.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    That's just not true. Fifteen games were blacked out last year, after the restrictions were eased from 100% sellout to make it easier, and some games only made the threshold after the teams bought their own tickets.
    that's not true at all for the Giants or the Jets. Jacksonville and Miami, sure. But they don't have PSLs. So the false connection between PSLs and blackouts is illusory.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Oh be careful, he's gonna tell you to GFY. Are you sure you can handle it?
    I hope so.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    1. Per NFL rules, empty club seats don't count in whether or not there is a sell out for blackout purposes. The Giants were sold out and the Jets were a few percentage points away from a sell out.

    2. Please provide said "documentation' that Woody bought back the "majority" of tickets for games to avoid blackouts. The opinions of posters here is not satisfactory "documentation".

    3. There were many teams without PSLs that have had blackouts through the years (Miami, Jacksonville, Arizona, San Diego to name a few). So the claim that PSLs are the cause of blackouts now is patently absurd.
    ports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5186117

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...void-blackout/

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports
    /jets/woody_pay_tv_nl2TaMhQaz05pVy3SWBeHM

    Psl's are a contributing factor to teams filling the stadiums, not the only factor. For the Jets and Giants they are THE factor. Lose the psl's and the wait list climbs back to 10 plus years.

    Its only my opinion, like I told the other guy, dont agree.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    ports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5186117

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...void-blackout/

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports
    /jets/woody_pay_tv_nl2TaMhQaz05pVy3SWBeHM

    Psl's are a contributing factor to teams filling the stadiums, not the only factor. For the Jets and Giants they are THE factor. Lose the psl's and the wait list climbs back to 10 plus years.

    Its only my opinion, like I told the other guy, dont agree.
    then why is there no wait list for the UD?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    ports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5186117

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...void-blackout/

    http://www.nypost.com/p/sports
    /jets/woody_pay_tv_nl2TaMhQaz05pVy3SWBeHM

    Psl's are a contributing factor to teams filling the stadiums, not the only factor. For the Jets and Giants they are THE factor. Lose the psl's and the wait list climbs back to 10 plus years.

    Its only my opinion, like I told the other guy, dont agree.

    Thanks for verifying my rebuttal with these links. The first article says nothing about Woody buying unsold tickets. The second article said that 1,500 non-club seats out of 82,500 were unsold (less than 2%, just like I said). Then the NY Post speculates that Woody "will buy" those seats. No where does it say that he did. So much for your "documentation". Nothing more than idle speculation and probative of nothing.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    then why is there no wait list for the UD?
    exactly. It's the upper deck that is the problem. How ironic that it is the non-PSL seats that are causing all the problems? Then the OP blames it all on PSLs. Mind boggling stupidity. Only on JI.

  16. #36
    Too bad there is no cell service or working WiFi at the Stadium

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    exactly. It's the upper deck that is the problem. How ironic that it is the non-PSL seats that are causing all the problems? Then the OP blames it all on PSLs. Mind boggling stupidity. Only on JI.
    It's not the UD - it's the product on the field and perhaps even the current culture of the organization that's the problem. Giants play in the same stadium and there's no problem in the UD for them - and their UD seats require a PSL!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Too bad there is no cell service or working WiFi at the Stadium
    I wish there was NO cell phone or WiFI service. Watch the game buddy stop texting your girlie friends all game

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Flushing Roots View Post
    It's not the UD - it's the product on the field and perhaps even the current culture of the organization that's the problem. Giants play in the same stadium and there's no problem in the UD for them - and their UD seats require a PSL!
    Which makes it more likely that the seats are not abandoned. Dumbest thing the Jets ever did was not assign PSLs to the better upper deck seats, if not all of them. They assured themselves of season ticket sales nightmares up there for decades to come.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Which makes it more likely that the seats are not abandoned. Dumbest thing the Jets ever did was not assign PSLs to the better upper deck seats, if not all of them. They assured themselves of season ticket sales nightmares up there for decades to come.


    From the get go Jets should have priced UD Prime at 2k, UD Sidelines at 1k and UD EZ and the four corners of UD siideline at $500 bucks for PSLs.

    People would fell less likely to just walk away if they had some skin in game and they would have been more enticed to buy Mezz A, LLEZ, LGL and LSL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us