Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: season ticket holder perk

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    exactly. It's the upper deck that is the problem. How ironic that it is the non-PSL seats that are causing all the problems? Then the OP blames it all on PSLs. Mind boggling stupidity. Only on JI.
    I'm not the OP. The only thing stupid in this thread is your repeated attempts to discredit what is fact, not my fact but real fact. Like I said before but will repeat for you, psl's contribute to the lack of season ticket sales, not the only factor. If you disagree and love your psl's, god bless you. I'm done with this thread since I have a business to run. Take care.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    I'm not the OP. The only thing stupid in this thread is your repeated attempts to discredit what is fact, not my fact but real fact. Like I said before but will repeat for you, psl's contribute to the lack of season ticket sales, not the only factor. If you disagree and love your psl's, god bless you. I'm done with this thread since I have a business to run. Take care.
    you claimed it was a fact that Woody bought tickets to avoid blackouts. You offered no proof but some reporter's idle speculation (from the NY Post no less). You claimed that the Giants and Jets did not sell out the non club seats. Again, incorrect. Please learn how to distinguish facts from conjecture. You said PSLs were the primary factor in struggling season ticket sales but the teams with the greatest difficulty selling tickets have no PSLs (Miami, Jacksonville, et al). Please... just stop now. It's fine to express opinions. However you try to camouflage your opinions as if they were facts

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    you claimed it was a fact that Woody bought tickets to avoid blackouts. You offered no proof but some reporter's idle speculation (from the NY Post no less). You claimed that the Giants and Jets did not sell out the non club seats. Again, incorrect. Please learn how to distinguish facts from conjecture. You said PSLs were the primary factor in struggling season ticket sales but the teams with the greatest difficulty selling tickets have no PSLs (Miami, Jacksonville, et al). Please... just stop now. It's fine to express opinions. However you try to camouflage your opinions as if they were facts
    You sucked me back in.

You need to read my original post as you are some what lost. I said psl's would not be around in about five years. I feel this way because of psl costs plus the high cost of tickets. It is fact that woody purchased tickets, look it up. I found this article for you, probably wont suffice, but that's all the time I have for this.
    http://deadspin.com/5949800/the-jets...ebacle-tonight
    The Giants and Jets have not sold out of all non club seats.
    I understand your need to argue, but this is a forum where people express opinions. I dont have to prove every point I make to please the masses.
    Last edited by NYJ37/12; 05-29-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to that Houston Texans game and it was great. What really impressed me was Arian Foster

Right at end of Halftime as game was about to begin. he entered stadium by the section 146 entrance and shook hands with all the fans from section 146 all the way to section 140 and went to visitors bench just in time for the game to start second half.

Me and my buddy had Jet gear on head to toe and my buddy had his camera out and he paused for a picture with me.

At that moment I said to my friend. You know the Jets really suck. I have been going to games on and off since the 1980s and here I am in the year 2012 and for the first time a player comes up to me to shake my hand and he plays for other team!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    cmon, Dave.... Mr Five Year prediction of doom is now offering Deadspin as another authoritative source along with the NY Post.

FACT

PSL non-club seats (55000 or so) sold out in 2010 and in 2011 and in 2012 and in 2013...

acres of empty seats, blackouts, massive exoduses

all predicted just like the five year plan

and all just as worthless

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    cmon, Dave.... Mr Five Year prediction of doom is now offering Deadspin as another authoritative source along with the NY Post.

FACT

PSL non-club seats (55000 or so) sold out in 2010 and in 2011 and in 2012 and in 2013...

acres of empty seats, blackouts, massive exoduses

all predicted just like the five year plan

and all just as worthless
    Folks in the lower level sideline are ill equipped to say how full or empty the stadium is. Unless you spend whole game looking over shoulder or at the stands in the end zone it always looks fill.

Heck I went to a half empty Scab Football game at Giants stadium. We had UD last row EZ seats but got moved down to the 45 yard line 10 row. You know what it looked sold out to me as I was only looking at rows 1-9 which were full.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll share this article. For the Jets Texans game last season before the game there were 12,000 unsold tickets. There are 12,500 club seats and I am sure that more than 500 club seats are sold.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...or-texans-game

I am not saying the stadium isn't sold out for each game it definitely is. However, the Jets definitely unload unsold club, PSL, and upper level seats either through Stubhub themselves or thought ticket liquidators. I have a friend who used to work for the organization who told me for the 2010 season they had a contract with Stubhub to unload tickets and also did it on their own through the NFL Ticket Exchange. This was a friend who I knew long before she was employed by the team not a rep I made friends with when I purchased my season tickets.

Even in the 2011 season I know there were PSL seats for sale for I believe the Kansas City Chiefs game to PSL holders.

I am not ripping apart people who bought PSLs or anything else. At this point I do not know the percentages of what is unsold but I'd guess (this is my guess so no one get bent out of shape) there has to be 5-10% of PSL seats where the PSL has not been sold yet.

The Jets have also in recent years offered military discounts on all unsold seats in 2009 in the old place and on several games in the upper deck in 2011. I have also been told by a friend that they got in for the home opener in 2010 having to only pay the tax on the ticket because they went with a friend who was in the military and sat in I believe section 143.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I'll share this article. For the Jets Texans game last season before the game there were 12,000 unsold tickets. There are 12,500 club seats and I am sure that more than 500 club seats are sold.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...or-texans-game

I am not saying the stadium isn't sold out for each game it definitely is. However, the Jets definitely unload unsold club, PSL, and upper level seats either through Stubhub themselves or thought ticket liquidators. I have a friend who used to work for the organization who told me for the 2010 season they had a contract with Stubhub to unload tickets and also did it on their own through the NFL Ticket Exchange. This was a friend who I knew long before she was employed by the team not a rep I made friends with when I purchased my season tickets.

Even in the 2011 season I know there were PSL seats for sale for I believe the Kansas City Chiefs game to PSL holders.

I am not ripping apart people who bought PSLs or anything else. At this point I do not know the percentages of what is unsold but I'd guess (this is my guess so no one get bent out of shape) there has to be 5-10% of PSL seats where the PSL has not been sold yet.

The Jets have also in recent years offered military discounts on all unsold seats in 2009 in the old place and on several games in the upper deck in 2011. I have also been told by a friend that they got in for the home opener in 2010 having to only pay the tax on the ticket because they went with a friend who was in the military and sat in I believe section 143.
    The real problem is there are not enough GOOD seats at GOOD prices. Plenty of GOOD seats with skyhigh PSLs and ticket prices and plenty of BAD seats at cheap prices.

If whole stadium could sit between 20s in the upper deck in first 20 rows or in lower level in first 20 rows goal line to 25 yard line everyone would be happy.

Jets whole UD EZ, whole UD Sideline corners, whole Mezz B, all of Mezz A except low row corners, the whole LLEZ and the four LLEZ corners and touchdown corners are not great views and all of the club seats are overpriced.

These are the seats being dumped. Stadium has 86 thousand seats and maybe 36 thousand Good Seats and Good Prices. that leaves 50K in seats no one really wants. It is a miracle of marketing skills they sold them at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wireless service at the stadium blows so what good is having more stuff to try to view on the phones.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    The real problem is there are not enough GOOD seats at GOOD prices. Plenty of GOOD seats with skyhigh PSLs and ticket prices and plenty of BAD seats at cheap prices.

If whole stadium could sit between 20s in the upper deck in first 20 rows or in lower level in first 20 rows goal line to 25 yard line everyone would be happy.

Jets whole UD EZ, whole UD Sideline corners, whole Mezz B, all of Mezz A except low row corners, the whole LLEZ and the four LLEZ corners and touchdown corners are not great views and all of the club seats are overpriced.

These are the seats being dumped. Stadium has 86 thousand seats and maybe 36 thousand Good Seats and Good Prices. that leaves 50K in seats no one really wants. It is a miracle of marketing skills they sold them at all.
    I think as far as value goes, 343 Row 17 Seats 1&2 for $50 are amongst the best in the stadium - and I believe you own those. Still burns my *ss that you must buy PS (20% down the tubes) and they won't sell you green passes if you want them (they must have some available after the club seats are all sold). Bad enough the seats are so high up and you have to park in Siberia as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whooptie freaking do.

Call me a purist, or whatever you'd like, but I enjoy sitting down and watching one game, maybe two depending, at a time. I can't stand the RedZone channel. I guess my ADD isn't as chronic as I believed it to be.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Whooptie freaking do.

Call me a purist, or whatever you'd like, but I enjoy sitting down and watching one game, maybe two depending, at a time. I can't stand the RedZone channel. I guess my ADD isn't as chronic as I believed it to be.
    I only watch one game as well but during those long drawn out commercials and awful halftime shows it's something different to watch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    The tickets a hardly extreme compared to Jets and the $10 extra parking I'm sure equals what Woody got for the PSLs.
    not even close to true

if you take the 600 or so coaches club 700 dollar seats out of the equation and factor in the 15000 or so UD seats now at 50 and 75 dollars, the Jets mean gameday ticket price is way below the confiscatory prices that Krafty the Krook charges at the Dump in Sucksboro

not even taking into account the 45-50 dollars to park in garbage dump and the 3 hours on the one lane country road back and forth to get there

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you take the 600 or so coaches club 700 dollar seats out of the equation....
    Math is fun. You can just "take out" numbers you don't like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Math is fun. You can just "take out" numbers you don't like.
    even with the coaches club 600, chubs, the Met Life mean gameday price is significantly less than that at the Foxboro dump

but go ahead and keep reposting your outdated list that doesn't include our UD tickets at 50 and 75 bucks. And that includes escalators to get up there, unlike the Kraft Mount Everest Ramp Climb thrill ride to the UD at Sucksboro

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    even with the coaches club 600, chubs, the Met Life mean gameday price is significantly less than that at the Foxboro dump

but go ahead and keep reposting your outdated list that doesn't include our UD tickets at 50 and 75 bucks. And that includes escalators to get up there, unlike the Kraft Mount Everest Ramp Climb thrill ride to the UD at Sucksboro
    Prices are slightly higher. But of course its worth it because you get to see a team actually win. As the Jets season wears on I expect those $50 tickets to go down to $5.

And escalators...really? Thats what you're going with?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As the Jets season wears on I expect those $50 tickets to go down to $5.
    That is precisely why I did not renew.