Thread: New Story: The Argument for Keeping Four RBs

Post New Story: The Argument for Keeping Four RBs

Yes, it's far too early to start speculating the ins-and-outs of who will or should make the final 53-man roster, but the running back situation deserves a little extra attention. Training camp and preseason performances will ultimately determine how many and which running backs stay (along with a legal issue), but assuming all the backs perform like they're expected to it would still be wise for the Jets to have four backs stashed on the roster.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reported that Mike Goodson re-joined the team in practice today, this doesn't necessarily mean Goodson is completely safe from being...

More...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Nit gonna keep 4 backs.

Undrafted Free Agent
    including .......good McNight Joe, Powell, Ivory , Goodson plus the FB we just drafted thats .....5

Just dont see it

4 backs is too much

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GangGreenAFFLICTION View Post
    including .......good McNight Joe, Powell, Ivory , Goodson plus the FB we just drafted thats .....5

Just dont see it
    Yeah, agreed, I was thinking about the fullback we added in the draft. This will be an interesting competition.

IVORY
    GOODSON
    POWELL

Jets could use another Big RB 220 lbs+

McKnight doesn't cut it imo...

Rookie
    With this bunch of injury prone RB we'll need depth. I don't know how they find roster space but we probably keep all 4 RB + Bohanon (bye bye Hilliard). I think McKnight is the most expendable of the lot but he probably stays.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Goodson is not going anywhere....if he was going to be let go, it would have already happened......I have seen players do far worse and he was not behind the wheel and the pistol was not his. ivory-goodson-powell and bohanon at FB......jETS will carry 4 backs and in the WCO it makes all the sense and they all have different skill sets.

Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    Yes, it's far too early to start speculating the ins-and-outs of who will or should make the final 53-man roster, but the running back situation deserves a little extra attention. Training camp and preseason performances will ultimately determine how many and which running backs stay (along with a legal issue), but assuming all the backs perform like they're expected to it would still be wise for the Jets to have four backs stashed on the roster.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini reported that Mike Goodson re-joined the team in practice today, this doesn't necessarily mean Goodson is completely safe from being...

More...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    what bunch of injury prone running backs are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    With this bunch of injury prone RB we'll need depth. I don't know how they find roster space but we probably keep all 4 RB + Bohanon (bye bye Hilliard). I think McKnight is the most expendable of the lot but he probably stays.

Ivory
    Goodson
    Powell
    Bohannon in a T-Rich type role