Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be optimistic within reason

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I can read just fine, you were in this thread within an hour after being started, two Pats fans, quick with the "let's settle down a little" crap.

Don't play dumb, your stripes don't change

Save it Vinny
    Talk about pathetic. How you can read what I wrote and see "let's settle down" is absurd. I applaud the guy's enthusiasm and you just troll the "trolls", and drive the thread off topic, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Bro, hate to tell you, posting a topic On a public message board generally brings other people's thoughts out in reply ... Some of those will be in agreement with you some wont and some will be in between ... His response was far from hijacking

Incidentally my optimism is more in line with his than yours ... However I hope you are right
    I know how message boards work, just busting his balls.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I know how message boards work, just busting his balls.
    EC, I'm considered a Pats troll and often mock many of your posts, but I think your OP was well thought-out, and I don't see any reason for anyone to attack your optimistic points. I think you were needlessly attacked based reputation. The Jets have a lot of guys on D who can potentially ball out. Nothing wrong with hoping 1st-rounders step up and make big plays, for any team.

Milliner can't be replacing Revis if Revis barely played last year. And therefore, there can't be any growing pains from the disparity.

Milliner is replacing Wilson on the outside. 4 games is legit expectation for improvement along the corners. a lot of corners have trouble their first season, but some dont.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Talk about pathetic. How you can read what I wrote and see "let's settle down" is absurd. I applaud the guy's enthusiasm and you just troll the "trolls", and drive the thread off topic, as usual.
    Stop crying, you're supposed to be "Boston strong"

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Stop crying, you're supposed to be "Boston strong"
    Not crying at all. Just surprised that you, of all people, would be pissing all over a thread about optimism.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LIJetsFan View Post
    No but when it comes to Revis he thinks money grows on trees. I'm glad he's off the team and to be rid of the cap headaches he brings.
    He did bring headaches. To opposing offenses. He made the Pats change their philosophy on Offense. Thats how awesome he is.

When Miliner is burned this yr and this board goes nuts Ill just laugh

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    He did bring headaches. To opposing offenses. He made the Pats change their philosophy on Offense. Thats how awesome he is.

everyone gets burned. revis even gets burned. and he was not revis island until year 2.

milliner is replacing wilson on the outside. meaning wilson slides in the slot, where he is better. the other corner is Cro.

The jets secondary will be tested with Milliner being a main target as well as the safety position.

Milliner will be definitely be tested thats for sure.

All Pro
    If Geno Smith picks up the game quickly, I think the Jets are going to surprise most people and have a very solid season. Players like Wilkerson, Ivory, Holmes, Cromartie, Ferguson, and Mangold have to be included in a list of players who can potentially make this team respectable in 2013.

if you think about it the jets basically added 3 first round picks this year in the draft.. the rookies/ivory and the development of players like coples/hill/davis are really the only reasons to be excited right now

Only thing I am optimistic about the 2013 Jets, is Idzak. I think the guy knows what he is doing and will continue to build this organization from the bottom up. Several clowns need to be fired, but I think the plan is to play this year out.

This year is a rebuilding year obviously.. 14 should be pretty competitive.. Looking Around the division, in 2 years i dont see any team in div that will be much of a threat.. the pats will be on major decline with a 38 year Tom Brady..wouldn't be surprised if he retires then. Doesn't seem like a guy who will allow himself to play as a average qb as he ages.. His buddy welker leaving really ticked him off.. He probably goes into acting or just vacation the world with his millions and smoking hot wife. bb will retire too, without Brady he isn't a great coach.. He use to be a D cord but his defenses have been horrible..

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post

While the Pats did change their philosophy on offense, I sincerely doubt it was because of Revis. That douche Belichick has spent his successful years playing the odds.

He saw receiver and cornerback salary skyrocket while tight end salary remained meager.

So he spent years finding the perfect tight ends and a speedy little slot receiver to play the middle of the field. And it has been working.

Thankfully, when you throw to tight ends and slots that much, they get banged up, and we're hopefully seeing this philosophy blow up in his face.

This was more about smart salary management and far less about Revis.

That said, Revis is the best player I have ever seen play for the Jets, including Klecko.

But the fact that you're looking forward to a Jets corner get burned is moronic. Even Revis got burned as a rookie.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    After last year there are more reasons to be optimistic than pessimistic...the influx of what may be a fantastic draft....additions of players such as ivory, barnes etc...this is already a completely different team from 2012...and also finally an effective offensive system. There of course will always be the non stop doom and gloomers on this page who seem to revel in the negative. I am sure looking forward to 2013.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    While the Pats did change their philosophy on offense, I sincerely doubt it was because of Revis. That douche Belichick has spent his successful years playing the odds.

He saw receiver and cornerback salary skyrocket while tight end salary remained meager.

So he spent years finding the perfect tight ends and a speedy little slot receiver to play the middle of the field. And it has been working.

Thankfully, when you throw to tight ends and slots that much, they get banged up, and we're hopefully seeing this philosophy blow up in his face.

This was more about smart salary management and far less about Revis.

That said, Revis is the best player I have ever seen play for the Jets, including Klecko.

But the fact that you're looking forward to a Jets corner get burned is moronic. Even Revis got burned as a rookie.
    This is the most interesting post I've read here in weeks.

Getting back to Revis, I've no doubt that he is a great player but it remains to be seen if he can have the same impact for his new team without Rex's scheming around him.

Regarding Milliner, I understand he needs work on his footwork and on his tackling in space. None the less I doubt it takes him more than 9-10 games to surpass Wilson on the outside.

Hall Of Fame
    I opened this thread thinking the first post was going to be left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    if you think about it the jets basically added 3 first round picks this year in the draft.. the rookies/ivory and the development of players like coples/hill/davis are really the only reasons to be excited right now
    I thought they added 2 firsts and a second ?? Geno went in the second ... Where he should have gone ... According to the entire NFLs scouting departments combined.

All Pro
    Here is why I have a little optimism going into the season:

1. Speed. The defense improved its speed dramatically, and that was their biggest weakness last year. I think the D this year has top 3 potential and will completely shut down teams with average or worse offenses.

2. RB. Greene was soooo bad. He made the OL look bad, made the offense in general look worse than it actually was. No threat in the passing game, no threat to run it outside, no threat to break a big one. Just about anybody they put back there will be better this year. MM might even find a way to get something out of McKnight.

3. Marty>Tony. Sparano was terrible. It was a mistake from the minute they announced the hire and a lot of people on here knew it. I don't expect the Jets to have a high octane offense this year, but I do think they will be much better prepared this year.

4. Hill. He showed flashes of being a dangerous WR last year, and I think he takes a step or two forward this year. Even if he improves a little bit, he will give defenses something to think about and take some pressure off the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    That's great, but this thread is about my reasons for being optimistic, please don't hijack it again.
    Sorry didn't realize I'm not allowed to comment on the subject at hand. Next time please add a disclaimer saying we're only allowed to comment on what you wrote so there is no confusion and we can make sure the thread is all about you, thanks.

There is a lot to be optimistic about:
    1st is the defensive line!
    I've been reading a lot of old articles before the draft & it seems to me that Richardson was a STEAL!
    Many teams had both Milliner & Richardson in the top 4 players in the draft.
    When you have a guy that excelled without much help, ( it's not like he was playing for Alabama or LSU), that tells you a little something about his effort & will. I'm saying now, Richardson will be 1 of the best players from this draft.
    Coples, Wilkerson, Richardson, Garay, Nickerson, that is a very good start.

2nd is the offensive line!
    Sparanos ancient offense put way too much pressure on the Oline. Add in the injuries to the WRs & it was a recipe for disaster. Even when the line did their job & opened a hole, our horrible RB (Greene) couldn't even get 10 yards where most backs would have made at least 1 guy miss & get more yards.
    Howard will be better, Dbrick has always been above average & I think Mangold will have a bounce back year. Winters, Oday, Campbell ect. Will add depth & fierce competition for the guard spots.
    MM will finally have plays that relieve the line from trying to hold blocks too long.
    Just the 2 things above are reason for optimism.
    The QB position is a huge ? Mark ( no pun intended), but the most important thing will be cutting down TOs.
    Personally, I think the biggest ? mark is the WRs.
    If & this is a big if, Holmes gets healthy, & Hill turns the corner, Kerley is already solid, that is enough to make it easier for the TEs to work underneath.
    Ivory will be a threat, especially if teams want to play 8 or 9 guys up front.
    One crease & he's gone. Same with Goodsen if he stays on the team.
    My hope is that Smith becomes a poor mans Witten this year, the guy has all the athleticism & works his Azz off, so it's not completely off base to believe he just might be a great find.
    It will be at least interesting this year. I just want to see improvement as the season progresses & fight in every game. Give me 100% & I'm happy, the last 2 years, too many players didn't earn their money.