Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: " Ex-GM: Jets must find identity " ~ ~ ~

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,480
    You know what is amazing to me? It is like our first round draft pick never happened. Wasn't Dee Milliner considered a top 5 pick and the best corner in this draft? So Idzik replaces the still rehabbing Revis with a cheaper, younger alternative who is the consensus best corner and some how that is just overlooked.

    I swear only the Jets get this kind of disrespect; any other team pulls that off and they are being applauded. SMH.

  2. #22
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    LOL... It is a long off season and what with the Knicks and Rangers bowing out it seems all the longer... Just need to hold out until training camp reports in a few more weeks....
    How does it seem longer? When have they not bowed out? The Rangers win every 54 years like clock work. The Knicks are approaching that number soon.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    How does it seem longer? When have they not bowed out? The Rangers win every 54 years like clock work. The Knicks are approaching that number soon.
    Not longer than other years. Longer than it would have seemed this year if either of the Rangers and/or Knicks were still playing every other night. This is somewhat the equivalent of the nautical doldrums.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,926
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Not longer than other years. Longer than it would have seemed this year if either of the Rangers and/or Knicks were still playing every other night. This is somewhat the equivalent of the nautical doldrums.
    Yes from 95 to 2005 I got used to the Devils playing until June. I hope we find another goal tender that can give us a run like that. With your goalie you should have that kind of dominance. Sorry about your owner. Sather should be the one fired, but Dolan is an idiot. Can't fire him.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    You know what is amazing to me? It is like our first round draft pick never happened. Wasn't Dee Milliner considered a top 5 pick and the best corner in this draft? So Idzik replaces the still rehabbing Revis with a cheaper, younger alternative who is the consensus best corner and some how that is just overlooked.

    I swear only the Jets get this kind of disrespect; any other team pulls that off and they are being applauded. SMH.
    There's no doubt in my mind that if the Jets took Warmack at #9 and the Titans took Milliner at #10 that the Titans would have been hailed for the steal of the round. Taken one pick earlier, Milliner has serious injury concerns, can't catch the football, and won't be Darrelle Revis on day one (well no ****).

    That's ok though. The Jets made it this way. This team was left alone for an entire decade from Parcells to Ryan, so along with the nice rides in '09 & '10, Rex brought the scrutiny with him. Since Rex seems to be learning how to keep his mouth shut, this madness stops once the team starts winning again.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    don't you got anything better to do than 1. read 2. post this drivel. You must find it interesting or somewhat newsworthy to post it. It's really neither.
    so...Santonio ,...is this YOUR happy face ? ?



  7. #27
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,767
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes from 95 to 2005 I got used to the Devils playing until June. I hope we find another goal tender that can give us a run like that. With your goalie you should have that kind of dominance. Sorry about your owner. Sather should be the one fired, but Dolan is an idiot. Can't fire him.
    Slats maanged to avoid the Axe again, more's the pity and don't even get me started on Dolan.

    Lou Lamoriello. Hands down the best GM in all of sports, bar none. Maybe the best ever in any sport (Honorable mentions to Red Auerbach and the recently retired Sir Alex Ferguson who was Coach/GM with Manxcheter United FC).

    There is nothing I can say about Marty that has not already been said. What an awesome run the devils have had. Scott Stevens was a huge part of that run too. Marty Brodeur and Mariano Rivera are two players who are about as close as you get to living legends while they are still playing.

    Yes, the fear is that front office incompetence will burn through Hank's prime career years.

    <edited to add>

    What do you mean 1995-2005? You guys were in the Finals last year!

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,885
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Slats maanged to avoid the Axe again, more's the pity and don't even get me started on Dolan.

    Lou Lamoriello. Hands down the best GM in all of sports, bar none. Maybe the best ever in any sport (Honorable mentions to Red Auerbach and the recently retired Sir Alex Ferguson who was Coach/GM with Manxcheter United FC).

    There is nothing I can say about Marty that has not already been said. What an awesome run the devils have had. Scott Stevens was a huge part of that run too. Marty Brodeur and Mariano Rivera are two players who are about as close as you get to living legends while they are still playing.

    Yes, the fear is that front office incompetence will burn through Hank's prime career years.

    <edited to add>

    What do you mean 1995-2005? You guys were in the Finals last year!
    " . . . What do you mean 1995-2005? You guys were in the Finals last year ! "


    ~ ~ shhhhh ! !

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I don't believe, for one second, that this guy had any real interest in being the Jets new GM.

    He knew is book was coming out in a few months and needed to get his name back out there so he put out feelers to the consulting firm that he might be interested in working a front office again. He didn't interview with any other teams this year and last time he interviewed for an NFL job was back in 2010 (according to my anonymous sources )

    He knew if he could get a sit down with the Jets he could spin his tales of the interview process and use the media exposure to try to make himself relevant again.

    The guy is a fraud and he used the Jets.

    I hope his book is a miserable flop.
    x 50,0000

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Yes from 95 to 2005 I got used to the Devils playing until June. I hope we find another goal tender that can give us a run like that. With your goalie you should have that kind of dominance. Sorry about your owner. Sather should be the one fired, but Dolan is an idiot. Can't fire him.



    This is the guy that out-maneuvered Woody.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    dunwoody, ga ! !
    Posts
    13,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post



    This is the guy that out-maneuvered Woody.
    ...and he did it while he was sleeping






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us