Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

One of the biggest obstacles for the prosecution in this case will be motive. What would be the motive for hunting down and murdering some kid walking home with skittles. Makes no sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    One of the biggest obstacles for the prosecution in this case will be motive. What would be the motive for hunting down and murdering some kid walking home with skittles. Makes no sense.
    They will simply cite racism. The GO TO card.

He thought the kid was a thug, he was hunting down a thug and doing a service for the community. He wanted to serve and protect, he thought he was doing both.

All Pro
    There are many people out there who live in a warped reality. It won't be hard to establish that Zimmerman had a clear obsession when you taking into account the dozens of 911 phone calls over the previous couple of months. A gun wielding vigilante with a criminal background and clear obsession is a recipe for disaster, and that night it all came to fruition.

Zimmerman being a cop wanna be, his 911 call on the night of the shooting is pretty damning, he makes uneducated assumptions. Zimmerman is very calm and he sounds calculated with his words, I don't doubt that was Zimmerman yelling hoping people hear it as he shoots at point blank range. Just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    As the Judge said in the beginning, the Defendants decision to testify or not should not under any circusmatnces be taken by the Jury as a sign of guilt or other intent.

Also, Martin was 17, a few inches taller, and considerably stronger, than Zimmerman. Why the consistent misinformation rgarding Martin's size and physical capabillities?

It should come down to evidence and reasonable doubt or not.

If it comes down to what some partial witness "thinks" they saw, or if Zimmerman is or is not a flat derp on the stand, then IMO thats a poor application of Justice.
    It should come down to both. Lets see if the evidence points toward an attack on Zimmerman and if Zimmerman actually feared for his life to the point where bringing deadly force to bear was reasonable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    There are many people out there who live in a warped reality. It won't be hard to establish that Zimmerman had a clear obsession when you taking into account the dozens of 911 phone calls over the previous couple of months. A gun wielding vigilante with a criminal background and clear obsession is a recipe for disaster, and that night it all came to fruition.
    I thought I saw today it was 50 calls over 8 years. Which comes out to roughly 6 calls a year.

Doesn't really seem like an excessive amount to me considering that he was on the neighborhood watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    It should come down to both. Lets see if the evidence points toward an attack on Zimmerman and if Zimmerman actually feared for his life to the point where bringing deadly force to bear was reasonable.
    He MUST take the stand, though, in order for him to be able to prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    As the Judge said in the beginning, the Defendants decision to testify or not should not under any circusmatnces be taken by the Jury as a sign of guilt or other intent.
    Of course, technically it shouldn't.

However, the jurors aren't robots. They're humans and have emotions....and their own opinions / viewpoints on things.

If Zimmerman refuses to take the stand, that will deliver the wrong type of message to the jurors which would be detrimental to Zimmerman's case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Zimmerman being a cop wanna be, his 911 call on the night of the shooting is pretty damning, he makes uneducated assumptions. Zimmerman is very calm and he sounds calculated with his words, I don't doubt that was Zimmerman yelling hoping people hear it as he shoots at point blank range. Just an opinion.
    What uneducated assumptions? He says that Martin looked up to no good and on drugs.

How can you or anyone else figure out what his basis for saying that was?

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    He thought the kid was a thug, he was hunting down a thug and doing a service for the community. He wanted to serve and protect, he thought he was doing both.
    This conclusion makes no sense. You don't call the police when you are hunting down thugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I thought I saw today it was 50 calls over 8 years. Which comes out to roughly 6 calls a year.

Doesn't really seem like an excessive amount to me considering that he was on the neighborhood watch.
    I read somewhere that Zimmerman complained about black youths about 46 times so if it was 50 calls over 8 years, than about 98% of those calls were him whining and complaining about "them" and no other race. Probably just a "coincidence", right? Especially for Mr. These-Punks-Always-Get-Away.

What uneducated assumptions? He says that Martin looked up to no good and on drugs.

How can you or anyone else figure out what his basis for saying that was?
    Zimmerman was the one making an uneducated ASSUMPTION with ZERO PROOF.

There was no proof that Martin was up to no good.

There was no proof that Martin was on drugs.

What more do you want?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I read somewhere that Zimmerman complained about black youths about 46 times so if it was 50 calls over 8 years, than about 98% of those calls were him whining and complaining about "them" and no other race. Probably just a "coincidence", right? Especially for Mr. These-Punks-Always-Get-Away.

Zimmerman was the one making an uneducated ASSUMPTION with ZERO PROOF.

There was no proof that Martin was up to no good.

There was no proof that Martin was on drugs.[/b]

What more do you want?

So what. What is "proof" in this instance?

You don't need proof to question someone's intentions. Especially when that is part of your position as a neighborhood watch.

I just dont see the racial angle in this case at all.

It is not racist to think a suspicious looking person is suspicious. Regardless of color. Where in this case is there any evidence that Martin was profiled??? There is none! He just so happened to be black, so that automatically makes him "profiled" in the media and the prosecution. Its reverse racism, its disgusting, and its part of the reason why there will never be racial equality in this country.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 06-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

You don't need proof to question someone's intentions. Especially when that is part of your position as a neighborhood watch.

It is not racist to think a suspicious looking person is suspicious. Regardless of color.
    People who see "Racism" behind everything are apt to see racism behind this as well. /shrug

It's funny almost, read through this thread and you have some postes who have basicly described Zimmerman as a Racist hannibal Lecter with a deep and involved and devious plan to premediatedly murder Black Kids, but smart enough to know to call the cops first and to scream himself right before he shot him down in cold blood. All for racism sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Link please

Jets Insider VIP
    On a related note, could someone with the knowledge that I lack tell me why this jury is made up of 6 members? Has that ever happened before, I thought it had to be 12???

It is not racist to think a suspicious looking person is suspicious. Regardless of color. Where in this case is there any evidence that Martin was profiled??? There is none! He just so happened to be black, so that automatically makes him "profiled" in the media and the prosecution. Its reverse racism, its disgusting, and its part of the reason why there will never be racial equality in this country.
    In all honesty there is some evidence of racism here. When I heard the audio of the original call to police by Zimmerman on NBC news he said specifically he looks like he is up to no good, he's black.

Jets Insider VIP
    In all honesty there is some evidence of racism here. When I heard the audio of the original call to police by Zimmerman on NBC news he said specifically he looks like he is up to no good, he's black.
    I could be wrong chief, but I thought I heard him say hes up to no good. And then the dispatcher asks the specs and asks what color he is and then Zimmerman said hes black. Again I could be wrong here.

EDIT: I just saw you said you saw the NBC News clip. Im pretty sure that clip was exposed to have been doctored to combine the two statements to make them see racial.

Edit 2: Yup, great job NBC, lol http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1407432.html
    Last edited by Ruby2; 06-25-2013 at 01:54 PM.

All Pro
    I have read reports that Zimmerman called 911 a total of 46 times in the two months preceding the incident.

Agree to disagree. I think it shows a clear obsession. Regardless of being a neighborhood watch, it is not reasonable to call a dedicated emergency line so liberally. How many of these calls ended up with an arrest and/or conviction?

I could be wrong chief, but I thought I heard him say hes up to no good. And then the dispatcher asks the specs and asks what color he is and then Zimmerman said hes black. Again I could be wrong here.
    So Zimmerman just basically ASSUMED that Martin(who was black) was up to no good and simply confirmed his skin color to the dispatch. Don't know what point you're trying to make here since you just proved mine.