Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns.

A great way to make up for a small dick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Guns.

You're an angry little fella, aren't ya?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns.

What if you own a small gun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    I agree...if Z didnt have a gun HE would be alive and M would too.

I also agree about tensions rising and all that as well.

The problem YOU have, and you are entitled to it, is that you DONT LIKE THE STAND YOUR GROUND LAW. Thats fine, I can dig it. I respect that.
    Me? I like the law. WHY? because I personally know that I would NEVER EVER get out of my car to drag someone out of theirs because they cut me off.....i would NEVER punch someone..... I would never attack, humiliate or put someone elses life or health in danger at any level.

This is how everyone should behave. If you cant behave this way and cross lines then yes I do think someone should have the right to shoot you. Why should I allow myself to get pummeled, possibly have stiches, a broken nose... WHY? F that

You think Im gonna lose sleep for some total stranger that is lying in the morgue whilst my broken teeth are being dealt with at the oral surgeons office? id be a fool to care
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. You actually understand the responsibility of carrying deadly force. It requires containing emotion and restraint. The problem is many people carry guns and feel it's leverage and they don't act with restraint at all they act unrestrained.

I have no problem with a guy fearing for his life protecting himself. I have a problem with a guy deciding to follow someone or confront someone they normally wouldn't because they have the leverage of a gun.

In this case the stand your ground law is ignoring the actions of Zimmerman.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head with this post. You actually understand the responsibility of carrying deadly force. It requires containing emotion and restraint. The problem is many people carry guns and feel it's leverage and they don't act with restraint at all they act unrestrained.

I have no problem with a guy fearing for his life protecting himself. I have a problem with a guy deciding to follow someone or confront someone they normally wouldn't because they have the leverage of a gun.

=============================================

That is strictly your opinion, which is fine, I doubt that anyone could back up that statement.

As a whole the legal gun carrying citizens are extremely prudent, and if I wish I could back up that statement.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Except it's not.

You're argument is far too similar to the "well, if she didn't want to be raped, she shouldn't have worn that miniskirt and been on that street at 2:00 am".

I.e. You blame the victim for "creating" the situation where he was victimized. This victim (according to him) fought back.

If the aforementioned rape victim had, post-rape, stabbed her rapist after he started to punch her.....for you to be consistent, you'd have to find her guilty of murder/manslaughter and describe her as a irresponsible knife owner who deserved what she got for thinking her knife made her strong, being on the street in a miniskirt at that hour, i.e. "creating the situation".

You do not "deserve" to be raped for wearing a short skirt, or being on a street at night.

You do not "deserve" to be attacked and beaten for following someone on a public street until the police show up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On a completely unrelated note....

....has anyone else noticves a similarity to the voice (voice sound only) of one of the attorneys (prosecution I think) to Kevin Costner playing Jim Garrison in "JFK"?

Was listening to the trial coverage on the radio, and heard this guy talking (radio, so no idea who he is) and I could have sworn I was listening to the JFK flick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Not true. Two eye-witnesses from the housing complex who testified the day before said Zimmerman was on top. Are they credible? Were they sure? Who knows? But if you put the sequences of witnesses together on a timeline, you get an altercation that goes back and forth. Good is the last eye witness, as I understand it. But he too didn't see the actual shooting.

Yesterday brought another eye-witness (Mora) who identified Zimmerman on top (guy in red)... from the Washington Post:

In excruciating detail, prosecutors and defense attorneys have sought to establish who was on top and who was on the bottom in the seconds before Zimmerman pulled the trigger. Their positioning is critical because Zimmerman, the man in red that night, is claiming that he shot Martin, 17, in self-defense.
    At first, neighbor Jonathan Good thought he was seeing a dog attack. But as he looked closer, he testified Friday, he saw two figures locked in “a tussle” in the grass near his townhouse in the Retreat at Twin Lakes gated community. The man on the bottom yelled, “Help,” Good told jurors.
    The figures shifted to the concrete walkway, and that’s when Good says he saw the dark-clothed person — who he now knows was Martin — straddle the man in red. The figure on top was “raining down blows” and was using moves similar to a mixed martial arts (MMA) combatant, Good said.
    Late Friday, the references to MMA took on a new complexity. A physician’s assistant who had treated Zimmerman testified that his medical notes show that Zimmerman had been practicing MMA and training “intensely” in hopes that the exercise would help him overcome difficulties sleeping.
    But Good could not affirm a key defense claim: that Martin pounded Zimmerman’s head into the concrete walkway, producing the large bumps visible in photographs of the defendant shown to the jury.
    Good’s testimony will be weighed against the memories of two other neighbors, who testified Thursday that the man in red was on top during the struggle. Jenna Lauer recalled a “surreal” scene, with “yelps” of pain morphing into screams for help. She told jurors that the man in red was on top and that it was the figure on the bottom who was pleading for help. Those cries could be heard in the background of a chilling 911 call Lauer made. On that call, the gunshot that ended Martin’s life can be heard.
    And Selma Mora, a construction-equipment saleswoman who testified through a Spanish interpreter, said she heard a “soft” crying in pain. The figure in red was on top, she said. What she saw reminded her of a jockey riding a horse.

Excuse me.... a jockey riding a horse?

If that's true, then one of the assailants was on the others BACK because a Jockey rides on a horse's BACK, not Front. And if that's true, then at some point during the altercation, one of them was on the other's back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    So you're ok with YOU having a gun, you just don't want anyone else having one?

Out of curiosity, how many times have you? Drawn your service weapon in the line of duty in a kill or be killed situation? How many shots have you fired in those situations?
    Never stated not wanting everyone else, just not idiots.

Countless times and hundreds of hours of training.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Never stated not wanting everyone else, just not idiots.

Countless times and hundreds of hours of training.
    I hear there's a buy back program in your town.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns.

Can picture you as a prosecutor, requesting to see a defendant's penis. Then showing yours. And smiling at the hung jury.

Just another day at the office.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Can picture you as a prosecutor, requesting to see a defendant's penis. Then showing yours. And smiling at the hung jury.

Just another day at the office.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if he meant that double entendre....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns.

Holy ChiT!!!

what an original and fun comment.

We need to get you an agent and tix to vegas asap honey. The world can t be denied your wit

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just patently ridiculous. You've described the mechanics of firing a particular weapon perfectly well. What you haven't done is considered the emotional status, common sense, or judgment of the person carrying the weapon. Put that same weapon in the hands of six random people and you'll get six random ways they will use/not use it. A highly anxious person might never touch the thing and carry it around like dead weight... or react to a perceived threat that the average person would dismiss. Police are trained extensively when NOT to shoot. You seem to argue for pretty much any threat as a justification for lethal force... that makes me very nervous about someone like you walking around with a loaded weapon. Seriously.

Should have added that it was your comment in the other response that combined with this one to make me respond:

lol? what?

Have you ever watched youtube videos of store clerks defending themselves? Theres nothing to it. Its common sense. If you get a chance you grab your weapon, point it and squeeze away. What are you thinking? that you need to train with the marines clearing rooms with metal pop up figurings and low light conditions etc etc etc?

you sound nuttier than a pro gunner!

Man up already for crying out loud
    nonsense! if you can bake brownies you can safely operate a revolver. you nervous nillie training freaks can think otherwise

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I don't fear guns, I just can't stand the idiot with the gun. How many experiences have you had using you revolver in a real life situation?

Anyone can hit a golf ball, but not everyone is good at hitting a golf ball.
    ive had one and i hope no more. and btw, the gun helped

i dont fear the idiot with a gun, i fear the nervous, void of confidence wreck that carries one.

It like a guy who is scared of driving and doubts himself and operates his vehicle in a fashion that you cant predict what they will do next. not fun to be behind

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jamie Foxx wore a Trayvon Martin t-shirt last night at the BET awards...and what a shocker, he wins best actor for his movie "White House Down"... currently bombing at the box office.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Jamie Foxx wore a Trayvon Martin t-shirt last night at the BET awards...and what a shocker, he wins best actor for his movie "White House Down"... currently bombing at the box office.
    Haven't seen that movie yet but I liked "Olympus Has Fallen". Basically the same movie.

As for Trayvon Martin I watched an interesting piece Anderson Cooper did with his step mother this past week. This woman claims that she practically raised him from the age of 3 and was with his father for 14 years. But all of a sudden after Trayvon's death his father basically cut off contact with her. At his funeral she was not allowed to sit with the family in the front row. Very strange.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Haven't seen that movie yet but I liked "Olympus Has Fallen". Basically the same movie.

As for Trayvon Martin I watched an interesting piece Anderson Cooper did with his step mother this past week. This woman claims that she practically raised him from the age of 3 and was with his father for 14 years. But all of a sudden after Trayvon's death his father basically cut off contact with her. At his funeral she was not allowed to sit with the family in the front row. Very strange.
    Well based on what we know about Trayvon she didn't do a very good job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Well based on what we know about Trayvon she didn't do a very good job.
    Ignorant