Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Here is what I went through 20 years ago and we shot the M-16, no scope.
    lol

RIght.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Churchill and DDNY are full of **** too young to have seen the truly anti black Jim Crow laws in effect.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Anti black

We don't owe them reparations we owe them the patience we give to our immigrants. The men were roundly dismissed in society decades ago and now the progeny is violent and lawless.

The bogeyman is not real, you have to kill the violence in your own life and also your environment. This is possible with a strong self.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Anti black

We don't owe them reparations we owe them the patience we give to our immigrants. The men were roundly dismissed in society decades ago and now the progeny is violent and lawless.

The bogeyman is not real, you have to kill the violence in your own life and also your environment. This is possible with a strong self.

Too new-agey to have any practical basis in reality. Let them riot so everyone case see what the choices are. It's 2013, not 1951

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anti black

Patience? Slavery ended 150 years ago. The Civil Rights Act is 50 years old. That is a long time to hold on to a grudge.

Liberals/Progressives make me laugh. To progress is to move forward. Why are they always complaining about the past?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first sentence I wrote said "for the stated reasons below". I did not state these our my reasons. I agreed with poster.

I belong to two sites and use the same screen name on both, oops and I belonged to the jets politic site when this forum was shut down, again as the same screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    News flash...when you cut and paste an entire post from another site.... without mentioning these arent your words...until called on it....you basically revealed yourself to be a disingenuous, posing.... fraud. You will do or say anything you need to...to win the intherenetz.

I didnt just happen to run this particular post through google for sh^ts and giggles, your entire act has stunk of cut and pasting jibber jabber... since day one. It just happens that the first time I ran some of your bull through google, whaddya know....your whole post, exact wording...someone elses words...from years ago on a gun site.

Um yah.

Get lost or I will lose you.

Thanks!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    lol

RIght.

1st Battalion Parris Island MCRD, June to August 1993.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Churchill and DDNY are full of **** too young to have seen the truly anti black Jim Crow laws in effect.
    Huh?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Patience? Slavery ended 150 years ago. The Civil Rights Act is 50 years old. That is a long time to hold on to a grudge.

Liberals/Progressives make me laugh. To progress is to move forward. Why are they always complaining about the past?
    This

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Too new-agey to have any practical basis in reality. Let them riot so everyone case see what the choices are. It's 2013, not 1951
    Here it is for you Cat Man; if Zimmy knew how to chill out a situation, he would not be in this predicament.

He sought violence because he *knew* that he himself had the ultimate answer to any negative response.

Eventually evoking a negative response, the situation out of control, he got the confrontation to the frightening level of "kill or be killed".

I don't wish to live in any place where that would happen.

ZIMMERMAN: Untrained, lawless himself. Do you want that type of person to have a gun? I know he was an excellent student; but he got the Icarus Syndrome holding that gun ("this guy aint dissing me!"), ultimately tripping over the Peter Principle. He's a murderer, but I don't wish him dead.

The black fringe is feeling really frustrated; and I can understand.

Here's a chance to punish that type of vigilantism; I hope they can get the jury to see it my way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Your post has nothing to do with the conversation on the table: violence against minorities, by the authorities, needs to be handled with care. It seems that the white hats are NOT up for the task of pinning Zimmy hard. Zimmy sinned against the Constitution and I am mad at him.

The results of these anti black laws are evident; not in who owes whom what. It's a stain on america; a segregation based on a perversion of Christianity.

The results are these communities that refuse, they are FINISHED TRYING to try to assimilate into the mainstream

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Huh?

posting on a phone. Sorry, m' Lord.

Let me go back and reread

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    So, just to be clear, it'll be Zimmerman's fault if the jury find him not-guilty, if then hundreds or thousands of black people decide to riot or assault/kill police officers.

Thanks for clearing that up. Nice to see you hold Z. responsible not only for M.'s actions in assaulting him, but you'll hold him responsible for mass rioting too.

Hey, at least OJ got off, right?
    The People are sovereign...everything I put forth is about justice truly being served.

Zimmy is a menace and is directly responsible since he felt killing someone is/was okay.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    This
    Big whoop

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And yet because the victim is dead (and hence cannot testify), the Defense then cannot argue motive for the victim, a victim who very possibly was actually the assailant?
    "motive" to what? Attack Zimmerman? All you're doing is saying because he had fights in the past he might have attacked again - it's exactly what character evidence can't be used for.

Now, if the defense wants to talk about the "creepy ass cracker" comment and argue that Martin, pissed at being followed, decided to attack Zimmerman (which they will) that's fair game.

Forgive me, but again, this seems unfair and unjust, a loophole that can railroad a Defendant simply for having a history that can be twisted by a wily Prosecutor. One man's desire to serve and protect turned into say, a desire to hunt and kill black kids for vigilae justice?

Yet the kid could have jumped and beat up 200 other people, and thats inadmissable?
    Yep. And again, Zimmerman's history of violence, if he had one, would also be out. It goes both directions.

If history is permitted to show a motive for the Defendant, history should be permitted to show motive for the victim that the Defendant claims was the assailant IMO.
    But you aren't using history to show motive.

Walk me through it. How do Martin's past fights give him a reason to attack Zimmerman?

Not a likelihood based on who he was as a person, but a reason, a motivating factor for his acts?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    See above. It's not so much motive as it is awareness of how to make a statement that validates "stand your ground" and self-defense. If Z. was lying about his ignorance of the law, that should be meaningful to the jury. Martin's past history is prejudicial and not directly relevant to the specific event. It's no different than those who are arguing that it doesn't matter what Z. did up to the confrontation. It's what happened during the confrontation that matters. In addition, Martin is dead at Z.'s hand, not the other way around. The burden is on Z, not M.
    No. No it is not. The burden is on the prosecution. Z has no legal burden to carry at all

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed on this specific point.

Which is why if the victim in fact had a history of unprovoked violence, I believe that is absolutely relevant to the Jury is deciding if they believe Z. or not.

By keeping evidence of previous issues hidden, it biases things heavily in favor of the Prosecution.

For example, if a Rape Victim had a history of filing false rape charged, thats relevant IMO. No, it does not mean she wasn't raped this time in question, but it DOES cast doubt on the legitimacy of her claims, rightfully so IMO. By keeping that out, it biases a jury in favor of someone with a history of lying about that exact issue.....hardly fair.
    And you could say that if the guy charged with rape had a history of violence - say, bar fights - that might "cast doubt" on claims that he wasn't violent this time. Still inadmissible.

(BTW, a rape victim's history of filing false charges would be in, not out, since it goes directly to the credibility of the complaining witness. Bad example, but I know where you were going with it)

Sorry, but it shouldn't be to a degree where the victim (who in fact could have been a violent thug (stress could)) is smehow immune from the same scrutiny the Defendant faces, given that the Defense is based on the victim in fact being violet first.....meaning if he had a histry of that kind of action, it is (again, IMO) absolutely relevant.

I am aware teh Law is heavily biased to protecting the perceived victim in such cases, I'm not disagreeing what the law is.

I'm disagreeing that the law is fair, or provides actual justice, in such a case.

reminds me of the old chestnut of the thief who sus the people he stole from because he slipped on their floor and hurt his back......and the thiefs reason for being there (stealing) and history of same was not admissable as it was deemed irrelevant to the liabillity of the prperty owner. Sometimes in our zeal, we lose sight of what the purpose of the justice system is....and no, it's not always exclsuively protecting the supposed victim at the expense of the accused IMO.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is for you Cat Man; if Zimmy knew how to chill out a situation, he would not be in this predicament.

He sought violence because he *knew* that he himself had the ultimate answer to any negative response.

Eventually evoking a negative response, the situation out of control, he got the confrontation to the frightening level of "kill or be killed".

I don't wish to live in any place where that would happen.

ZIMMERMAN: Untrained, lawless himself. Do you want that type of person to have a gun? I know he was an excellent student; but he got the Icarus Syndrome holding that gun ("this guy aint dissing me!"), ultimately tripping over the Peter Principle. He's a murderer, but I don't wish him dead.

The black fringe is feeling really frustrated; and I can understand.

Here's a chance to punish that type of vigilantism; I hope they can get the jury to see it my way.

i understand your points WCO, and I always respect your intellect. I do disagree quite a bit. Zim is a moron, but I do not believe he was looking for murder. I believe, based on his history as a punk, that Martin pushed the envelope here, and everyone lost.

Like your PP quote, awesome.

Why should the black fringe (what is that exactly?) feel frustrated? Because illegals are taking most of their low paying jobs? Hopefully blacks continue to destroy their own neighborhoods, if they mush riot.

Maybe Al and Co can urge their flock to remain peaceful. Won't hold my breath.

Frankly, libs act like it's 1955, and the DOJ,a nd affirmative action have not made the playing field more than level.

Oh yeah, and blacks are racist also: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ites_hispanics

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

The results of these anti black laws are evident; not in who owes whom what. It's a stain on america; a segregation based on a perversion of Christianity.

The results are these communities that refuse, they are FINISHED TRYING to try to assimilate into the mainstream
    I love you bro, but this is delusional, hand wringing lib putridity.

The "blacks" you refer to are betrayed by this thinking. From the safe haven of the San Fran Mountains, you do as much as a disservice to the "blacks" with a post like this...as Al Sharpton does from the haven of his suburban Jersey Estate. (after he has someone drive him to W125st.)

-
    Last edited by 32green; 07-04-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    And you are how old?

C'mon.

I know you want to be in the struggle..whatever it is...but you didnt march in Selma.

Just sayin.