Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 1362

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Please address that point to our president who made it point numero uno.
    Obama sticking his stupid & uninformed opinion in this case is par for the course..the President really is a fargin moron

  2. #62
    I believe Democrat Rep Sheila Jackson Lee described Zimmerman as having "hunted Trayvon down like an animal"

    This case seems fairly straightforward to me. Zimmerman follows Trayvon while calling the police to report him. Zimmerman loses track of Martin and gets out of his vehicle to look around. Martin who had noticed he was being followed may have doubled back around to confront Zimmerman.

    Here is where the mystery begins. I believe that at some point Martin attacks Zimmerman and takes him to the ground. The gun comes out and a shot is fired. Did Zimmerman fear for his life? Can anyone prove he didn't fear for his life at that moment? I doubt it. There isn't any evidence of premeditation here.

  3. #63
    The case seems straight forward? Zimmerman shot an unarmed person, that's the only non-disputable fact here.



    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I believe Democrat Rep Sheila Jackson Lee described Zimmerman as having "hunted Trayvon down like an animal"

    This case seems fairly straightforward to me. Zimmerman follows Trayvon while calling the police to report him. Zimmerman loses track of Martin and gets out of his vehicle to look around. Martin who had noticed he was being followed may have doubled back around to confront Zimmerman.

    Here is where the mystery begins. I believe that at some point Martin attacks Zimmerman and takes him to the ground. The gun comes out and a shot is fired. Did Zimmerman fear for his life? Can anyone prove he didn't fear for his life at that moment? I doubt it. There isn't any evidence of premeditation here.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Indeed, I agree. Refusal to follow advise could be argued as Zim being pre-determined to go do something.

    Works both ways though, intent could also be argued that he was doing what a Neighborhood Watchman does, keeping an eye on things depsite a civvie 911 operator's perhaps ill informed suggestion to stop following the possible perpetrator he was calling to report (thus surely leading to said possible perp. walking away uncontested by the cops arriving ten-15 minutes later).



    Oh, obviously on the "wish he'd not been there". As for eating his way through this, I can't even fathom the level of pressure this guy lives under now. Better him than me, I'm already fat.
    This is the part that gives me pause sometimes. I've heard the folks demonizing Zimmerman insist "he was told not to follow by 911 dispatch!"

    Now we're going from 'he was advised not to..." to "it was suggested he did not follow...."

    The most I've read was the dispatcher saying "you don't need to..." Myself, I don't even consider that advice or a suggestion....just a statement.

    Maybe I'm missing part of the tape or transcript? Was there more said that would indicate an order/advice/suggestion? Not a case breaker in the big picture but one of those things that gnawed at me.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The case seems straight forward? Zimmerman shot an unarmed person, that's the only non-disputable fact here.
    Not true. We know Zimmerman called the cops. We know that he was bloodied after the incident. I would imagine that forensics have an idea of where the shot was fired from. I thought you were some sort a cop? There are plenty of facts to go by.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I think, many people, would be concerned about a young youth, wearing a hoodie UP over his head, in Florida.

    If I am approached or have 2 youths walking towards me in the dark, wearing hoodies in the summer, and I am alone, my sensory "preservation" mode goes on. Whether I am in Beverly Hills or China Town.
    It just seemed to be strange phraseology. The shooting was in February, not the summer. It was by all reports, raining that night, and just maybe it was a bit cold that night?

    Either way, that's how kids dress these days, even middle class ones. Hell, I was in college almost 20 yrs ago at a private college surrounded by white students from upper middle class and higher backgrounds, and there were students dressing like that. Maybe its because Im from New York, living in a multi-ethnic town, but I see kids of all colors, white and black, walking around like that, at night, and honestly don't think twice about it.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Not true. We know Zimmerman called the cops. We know that he was bloodied after the incident. I would imagine that forensics have an idea of where the shot was fired from. I thought you were some sort a cop? There are plenty of facts to go by.
    What we know is Zimmerman saw Martin walking around, called the cops, at some point got out of the car, and by the wounds on Zimmerman, that there was a violent encounter. We obviously know Martin wound up shot.

    Where you lose me is the presumption that Martin initiated said violent encounter.... that part is just a little too much supposition for my liking with what is public knowledge. But like you said, hopefully the forensics prove things out one way or another.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    It just seemed to be strange phraseology. The shooting was in February, not the summer. It was by all reports, raining that night, and just maybe it was a bit cold that night?

    Either way, that's how kids dress these days, even middle class ones. Hell, I was in college almost 20 yrs ago at a private college surrounded by white students from upper middle class and higher backgrounds, and there were students dressing like that. Maybe its because Im from New York, living in a multi-ethnic town, but I see kids of all colors, white and black, walking around like that, at night, and honestly don't think twice about it.
    Here in Charlotte...in my neighborhood, we had a neighbor of mine shot in broad daylight by a youth, 18 or so. I'm sure the dead person wishes he was a little more vigilant as the kid walked up, asked for his wallet and then shot the unarmed grandfather in front of his house.

    I grew up in Brentwood. That is as multi ethnic as it gets. I had no fear growing up. I do now. It's not the same....

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Posts
    5,669
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    So from your perspective Martin was shot because he was one of "them"?
    no thats just alot of peoples passion speaking


    my questions for the entire case is this

    what transpired from the 911 phone call to Martin getting shot

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The case seems straight forward? Zimmerman shot an unarmed person, that's the only non-disputable fact here.
    I'm glad you read the multitude of case files cover to cover already in order to make such an informed statement. Having a day job and seeing how often you're posting here would lead me to believe you didn't have the time.

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,294
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Please address that point to our president who made it point numero uno.
    I wonder after hearing about Martin's text messages and pictures if he still feels that Martin could have been his son.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I wonder after hearing about Martin's text messages and pictures if he still feels that Martin could have been his son.
    Sure, he was a choom off the old block.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Not true. We know Zimmerman called the cops. We know that he was bloodied after the incident. I would imagine that forensics have an idea of where the shot was fired from. I thought you were some sort a cop? There are plenty of facts to go by.
    None of us know exactly how Zimmerman became bloody, we do not know if he self inflicted or added to his injuries in order to make it appear worse than it actually was before he shot.

    He called 911, but we do not know what Zimmerman was actually before, during or after the call making it disputable as well.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I'm glad you read the multitude of case files cover to cover already in order to make such an informed statement. Having a day job and seeing how often you're posting here would lead me to believe you didn't have the time.
    Great post. Keep watching Law and Order.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    What facts? You make up a hypothetical. Here's my hypothetical answer. When an unarmed man is gunned down by an armed man who was following him I expect his ass to be in jail, a grand jury to indict and a jury to decide whether it was manslaughter or pre-meditated.

    If you're going to be a responsible gun owner and actually carry in the public square you better act responsibly. This guy was a self proclaimed vigilante carrying a weapon and following someone. We have police for a reason.

    Here's a hypothetical, knowing he got out to follow lets suppose he confronted Martin, Martin takes his gun and shoots Zimmerman and claims self defense. Should he walk without charges, or a trial?

    Zimmerman is an Hispanic. Does that mean he runs a cartel?
    If an Hispanic shoots a black, is that a racial event?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    The case seems straight forward? Zimmerman shot an unarmed person, that's the only non-disputable fact here.

    Here's one. I start kicking the crap out of you - bad. I have you down where I am pounding your head. You're going to die. YOU won't pull a gun if you have one. Be honest. Self preservation.

    Btw, Martin and Zimmerman has reasonably close weights but Martin was 6 inches taller - an advantage in a fight.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Here's one. I start kicking the crap out of you - bad. I have you down where I am pounding your head. You're going to die. YOU won't pull a gun if you have one. Be honest. Self preservation.

    Btw, Martin and Zimmerman has reasonably close weights but Martin was 6 inches taller - an advantage in a fight.
    Zimmerman put himself there, no one else.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Zimmerman put himself there, no one else.


    So what? Meaningless point. Martin was in "his" area. He followed him. Making sure he moved along and got out? Maybe. YOU ever pursue someone YOU think is where he shouldn't be?
    He was attacked by crazy Trayvon. How else do YOU explain all the injuries?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    So what? Meaningless point. Martin was in "his" area. He followed him. Making sure he moved along and got out? Maybe. YOU ever pursue someone YOU think is where he shouldn't be?
    He was attacked by crazy Trayvon. How else do YOU explain all the injuries?
    Non-life threatening is how I would explain his injuries.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    So what? Meaningless point. Martin was in "his" area. He followed him. Making sure he moved along and got out? Maybe. YOU ever pursue someone YOU think is where he shouldn't be?
    He was attacked by crazy Trayvon. How else do YOU explain all the injuries?
    Other options:

    1) He cornered Martin (false imprisonment) in order to "hold" him until the police arrived, Martin tried to push past him, Zimmerman got physical, fight ensued

    2) He pulled a gun on Martin, Martin knocked it away and jumped him, figuring he was fighting for his life

    3) He put his hands on Martin, Martin responded

    Are any of these what happened? No clue. I wasn't there.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us