Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1362

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

The defense used a standard "self-defense" argument, not some weird Florida law that must be changed for some reason. Every person has a right for self-defense. But no one has a right to punch another person, even if the other person is walking behind you and asks you what you are doing here. It's legal to follow people and to ask them questions. It's illegal to punch people as well as beat them on the ground. It's legal to defend yourself. Martin would be alive and well if he did not decide to kick the "creepy-ass cracker's" ass, judging him to be a weakling.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    So your a young man walking home, and some stranger starts to follow you, notice along with the use of the word "cracker" he also use the word "creepy"
    Then that person confronts you, would you not really feel threaten?

Now factor in he was told by law enforcement to STOP following him.
    Sounds to me like Zimmerman was trying to play cop and it got totally out of hand. This was because he neither have the proper training nor the right to confront Mr. Martian. I am not say this kid was an angel, but all he was doing was walking home!
    Had Mr Zimmerman heeded the orders of Law Enforcement officials a Young man would not be dead and his life would not be totally ruined.
    Sorry but by your view Mr. Martin did not have the right to defend himself only Mr Zimmerman did.
    So next time some strange man follows one of your children, tell them to stop and answer the strangers questions and follow his instructions.
    WTF are you talking about? Do you even read things thoroughly before posting about them? Zimmerman was perfectly within his right to defend himself. He got ATTACKED.

I would also have no hesitation in telling my children if they were being followed by a "creapy" person (whatever color they may be, to me it is irrelevant) to stay away from someone like that. I would also not hesitate to tell my children not to ANTAGONIZE the guy by attacking him. THAT is what amped up this situation. Zimmerman following Martin was at most an annoyance, but certainly not anything against the law.

And, yes, without hesitation I say I would feel very threatened by someone who is calling me a creepy cracker and then attacks me.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    No, even better, Make certain to tell them to hit him, knock him down, get on top of him and bang his head on the concrete.
    No don't do that, that would deprive you, as a parent, the opportunity to go down to the county morgue to ID your child. Better still, the chance to see your child picture on milk carton for the next ten years and to go to your grave never knowing what happen to your child. After all who,would not like to enjoy that experience.

Hall Of Fame
    The White House released a statement:

“The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."
    I emboldened the parts I found interesting. The jury ruled that Zimmerman lawfully used his legally-owned firearm. Also, by the nature of their verdict, they ruled that Martin was at least in part responsible for his own death.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 07-14-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Do you even read things thoroughly before posting about them? Zimmerman was perfectly within his right to defend himself. He got ATTACKED.

I would also have no hesitation in telling my children if they were being followed by a "creapy" person (whatever color they may be, to me it is irrelevant) to stay away from someone like that. I would also not hesitate to tell my children not to ANTAGONIZE the guy by attacking him. THAT is what amped up this situation. Zimmerman following Martin was at most an annoyance, but certainly not anything against the law.

And, yes, without hesitation I say I would feel very threatened by someone who is calling me a creepy cracker and then attacks me.
    What did the Law enforcement official tell me Zimmerman to do?? If he as a so called "community watch person"chose ignore those clear instructions and confront Mr. Martin then the guilt is on him. If he would have just followed instructions and allowed a Sheriff officer to arrive at the scene, we would not even be taking about this.

What did the Law enforcement official tell me Zimmerman to do?? If he as a so called "community watch person"chose ignore those clear instructions and confront Mr. Martin then the guilt is on him. If he would have just followed instructions and allowed a Sheriff officer to arrive at the scene, we would not even be taking about this.
    You are exceptionally ill informed.

The person who gave the suggestion (for legal liabillity reasons only, per HIS own testimony in the trial) was not a Law Officer or Official, he was an operator, a call center staff person with no law enforcement training nor any law enforcement authority to order/nor order anyone to do anything.

And again, the "we don;t need you to do that" is legalese, as he (the call center guy) himself testified, to ensure he (the operator) and the call center have no liabillity for what the caller does.

And if Martin had walked home in the four minutes Zimmerman lost track of him, and did not choose to come round, confront, attack and beat up Zimmerman for following him, he (martin) would most assuredly be alive today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

And if Martin had walked home in the four minutes Zimmerman lost track of him, and did not choose to come round, confront, attack and beat up Zimmerman for following him, he (martin) would most assuredly be alive today as well.
    By the same token, if Mr. Zimmerman an untrained want to be armed cop, had not started the whole situation in the first this young man would be alive today.
    I am done with this, because it was a stupid situation on all sides. Yet no one should have died from it. Mr Martin paid the ultimate price for his mistake and Mr Zimmerman mistake went unpunished. I will leave the last word to all you folks on this issue. I will pray for my country and hope that someday we as a nation will rise above and learn to live in harmony.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    You are exceptionally ill informed.

The person who gave the suggestion (for legal liabillity reasons only, per HIS own testimony in the trial) was not a Law Officer or Official, he was an operator, a call center staff person with no law enforcement training nor any law enforcement authority to order/nor order anyone to do anything.

And again, the "we don;t need you to do that" is legalese, as he (the call center guy) himself testified, to ensure he (the operator) and the call center have no liabillity for what the caller does.

Exactly. The "we don't need you to do that" has been grossly overplayed. The sole purpose of that statement is to protect them from liability.

Hall Of Fame
    By the same token, if Mr. Zimmerman an untrained want to be armed cop, had not started the whole situation in the first this young man would be alive today.
    I am done with this, because it was a stupid situation on all sides. Yet no one should have died from it. Mr Martin paid the ultimate price for his mistake and Mr Zimmerman mistake went unpunished. I will leave the last word to all you folks on this issue. I will pray for my country and hope that someday we as a nation will rise above and learn to live in harmony.
    Zimmerman is nowhere near unpunished. His life and the lives of his wife and parents are forever changed. He will have to live in exile. Nobody is walking away from this trial whole. Not the Martin's, not the Zimmerman's and not the country.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The White House released a statement:

I emboldened the parts I found interesting. The jury ruled that Zimmerman lawfully used his legally-owned firearm. Also, by the nature of their verdict, they ruled that Martin was at least in part responsible for his own death.
    There is no issue with the legality of Zimmerman's firearm. There was some question as to whether or not he used excessive force during the confrontation but that argument was blunted by the nature of Zimmerman's injuries.

The subject of gun control comes from the very real probability that had Zimmerman not been armed he may not have followed Martin (remember he thought Martin could have been armed; only a fool would go after a gunman unarmed) and then the fatal confrontation would not have taken place.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 07-14-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    There is no issue with the legality of Zimmerman's firearm. There was some question as to whether or not he used excessive force during the confrontation but that argument was blunted by the nature of Zimmerman's injuries.

The subject of gun control comes from the very real probability that had Zimmerman not been armed he may not have followed Martin (remember he thought Martin could have been armed; only a fool would go after someone with a gunman unarmed) and then the fatal confrontation would not have taken place.
    Not only is your statement accurate it may be insufficient in its accuracy.

I hold a conceal permit. We are taught NEVER create a situation where you need your gun.

However, Zimmerman did and created a problem. Travons answer was to hit him.

They share blame, one paid a much bigger price.

Not only is your statement accurate it may be insufficient in its accuracy.

I hold a conceal permit. We are taught NEVER create a situation where you need your gun.

However, Zimmerman did and created a problem. Travons answer was to hit him.

They share blame, one paid a much bigger price.
    there is hope.
    please tell me your someone who understands that there is responsibility in carrying. and provoking a situation is highly irresponsible when carrying.

WRONG.

There is NO guilt on Zimmerman whatsoever. He was asked by the police not to pursue Martin, but he isn't breaking the law if he decides to follow him anyway. Where do you get these outlandish beliefs?

I'll agree with you if he hadn't followed him we wouldn't be talking about Martin's death. But that still doesn't make him guilty. I suppose maybe he took his neighborhood watch job a little too seriously? But DID NOT break any laws. Get that through your head.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    there is hope.
    please tell me your someone who understands that there is responsibility in carrying. and provoking a situation is highly irresponsible when carrying.
    Of course.... You pull the trigger and your life is also over as you knew it.

TRavon however created this problem too......

He punched a bus driver 2 days earlier?

You're. Not your.....

Of course.... You pull the trigger and your life is also over as you knew it.

TRavon however created this problem too......

He punched a bus driver 2 days earlier?

You're. Not your.....
    really??? i writed dat wit my tumbs on ma cphone

and i have never absolved Treyvon for his part in this.
    Last edited by SgtAshton; 07-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    really??? i writed dat wit my tumbs on ma cphone
    Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I didn't know they got a settlement. From where? This case just keeps getting more interesting.
    Homeowners association. It was settled quickly. Crump and Parks got at least 1/3 of that $1,000,000 and probably only put a few hours into that case. Think they want to sue a broke Zimmerman? I don't. If Zimmerman gets paid for some interviews, books, etc., then yes.

On another note, Crump can barely speak proper english.

Agreed. Yet, Travon is equally at fault. He could have avoided this but he didn't.

Best we can tell is the only law breaker here was Travon. But BOTH acted poorly.
    You're a lot dumber when you're 16/17 than you are when you're 28.

Between the MMA classes, the guns, acting like a cop, Zimmerman seems like a belligerent douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm ecstatic with the jury's decision to acquit Zimmerman. Any common sense thinking person KNEW this entire sh*t show was nothing more than a 21st century attempted lynching.

First of all, Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder WITHOUT an indictment. HTF does that happen? I didn't even think it was possible to be charged with a crime without going through the grand jury path?

But leave it up to a bunch of libs to spin this crap and make it into a "racial profiling" case.

Lets be clear here... The ONLY thing racial about this case was TRAYVON MARTIN talking to his girlfriend on the phone and calling Zimmerman a "Creapy A$$ Cracker". Then to add the complete IGNORANCE of his girlfriend while she was on the stand?! When she's asked if that comment was considered racial, she's actually so f*cking dumb as to claim, "No, there wasn't anything racial about the victim's comments".

If you don't like the idea that Zimmerman followed Martin? Go p*ss up a rope for all I care. In case you hadn't noticed there is NOTHING illegal about it. George Zimmerman DID NOT break the law by following Martin.

It was very obvious to me, based on all the evidence reported in the news, that this was a classic self defense scenario.

Now if you think Zimmerman only followed Martin because he was packing? Well, you may be right. But it is still IRRELEVANT. He did not break the law. There is no law making it illegal.

And really the ideal here that paved the way for Zimmerman to be acquitted is the constitution. The public outrage here is that Zimmerman was armed in the first place. They think he should not have been allowed to be packing.

Well, he was legally licensed to carry a concealed weapon. So once again there were no laws broken on the part of the defendant.

And maybe the real question here is, "Would Martin have attacked Zimmerman if he'd known that Zimmerman had a gun?" I think not.

At the end of the day, I think it is tragic that Martin was killed. I would tend to believe that really all Martin was intending to do when he attacked Zimmerman was to beat him up - certainly not kill him.

But you or I could never ultimately know that as we were not in his shoes. So he reacted in a manner that he thought was appropriate. I can also easily say, "If I had a gun and got attacked and was enduring the beating that Zimmerman was taking? A split second decision to shoot is exactly the way I would have reacted."

So if you think our system of laws are wrong? Go after them in the right manner. Try to change the constitution. Try to take away the self defense angle.

But I'm fine with it. It was designed to protect innocent people and allow them to defend themselves. That is EXACTLY who George Zimmerman is.
    He called Zimmerman a "nigga" too. I don't think Trayvon was being racist. He was just using his ghetto adjectives. He was clearly skeeved out by Zimmerman.

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're a lot dumber when you're 16/17 than you are when you're 28.

Between the MMA classes, the guns, acting like a cop, Zimmerman seems like a belligerent douchebag.
    Just another buff, who got in over his head.