Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1362

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

Undrafted Free Agent
    Really there were a lot of people that are going to try to crucify Zimmerman. As he may have to hide out for years.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Really there were a lot of people that are going to try to crucify Zimmerman. As he may have to hide out for years.
    HEY HEY!!

Star W. @SuperStarDizzle

If Zimmerman is found not guilty I already know what stores I'm gone RIOT!

1) Why no Grand Jury?
    2) Why wasn't Trayvon arrest record allowed?
    3) Why wasn't his cell phone record not allowed?

Answers 1 It wouldn't have gotten past a Grand Jury
    2 It would have blown the states case out of the water. Fighting on
    numerous occasions(suspensions) and found with stolen jewelry
    guns. Charges never brought because of lowering the crime rate in
    Black Community(politics).
    Finally a president and an attorney general who one of the worst at stirring racial divide in this country since the days before the GREAT Martin Luther King.
    He worked to bring people together Obama and Holder are doing just the opposite.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    Agreed. There are no real victories here. One young life ended and another life messed up probably beyond repair... possibly at risk of injury or death. Right decision. Still a tragedy.
    While I agree that neither side in the case may claim a "victory," I think you can make a case that the American criminal justice system, especially in this face of strong popular pressure, functioned more or less as its designed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If you don't like the idea that Zimmerman followed Martin? Go p*ss up a rope for all I care. In case you hadn't noticed there is NOTHING illegal about it. George Zimmerman DID NOT break the law by following Martin.
    First off, is p*ssing up a rope possible?

Secondly, Of course it was not illegal. Unfortunately, it simply set into motion the events leading up to the shooting.

It was very obvious to me, based on all the evidence reported in the news, that this was a classic self defense scenario.
    Actually, it was obvious to ME, that the Prosecution simply LACKED the evidence needed to even convict him of Manslaughter in the end. I feel there was no real way to prove or disprove that Zimmerman acted in Self-Defense. It was simply just a lack of evidence that ended up freeing him.

Now if you think Zimmerman only followed Martin because he was packing? Well, you may be right. But it is still IRRELEVANT. He did not break the law. There is no law making it illegal.
    I always thought Racial Profiling was illegal? Guess I'm wrong. Nevermind then.

And really the ideal here that paved the way for Zimmerman to be acquitted is the constitution. The public outrage here is that Zimmerman was armed in the first place. They think he should not have been allowed to be packing.

Well, he was legally licensed to carry a concealed weapon. So once again there were no laws broken on the part of the defendant.

And maybe the real question here is, "Would Martin have attacked Zimmerman if he'd known that Zimmerman had a gun?" I think not.
    No. Actually the question should be "Would Zimmerman have even been out patrolling the neighborhood in the first place if he never had a gun?" I think it's safe to assume that he wouldn't.

The gun gave him false courage which enabled him to do his "Legal stalking"(as I call it) which ended the way it did.

At the end of the day, I think it is tragic that Martin was killed. I would tend to believe that really all Martin was intending to do when he attacked Zimmerman was to beat him up - certainly not kill him.

But you or I could never ultimately know that as we were not in his shoes. So he reacted in a manner that he thought was appropriate. I can also easily say, "If I had a gun and got attacked and was enduring the beating that Zimmerman was taking? A split second decision to shoot is exactly the way I would have reacted."

So if you think our system of laws are wrong? Go after them in the right manner. Try to change the constitution. Try to take away the self defense angle.

But I'm fine with it. It was designed to protect innocent people and allow them to defend themselves. That is EXACTLY who George Zimmerman is.
    I agree with you for the most part but George Zimmerman is FAR from innocent in my eyes. But I guess we can agree to disagree in that regard. You think he's a Poor Innocent Soul who only wanted to do good in the community while I think he's a dirty-harry wannabe-cop who got brave because he had a gun and wanted to "get the bad guys" like they do in the movies(which he obviously watches a lot of).

Whatever. It's over and done with.

Now Z will have to remain in hiding and be looking over his shoulder for the rest of miserable life. And yeah....unfortunately for him, it's going to be miserable with the entire country knowing who he is.
    Last edited by Vin; 07-15-2013 at 02:43 AM.

In the State of Florida, you have to be 21 to own a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Do you even read things thoroughly before posting about them? Zimmerman was perfectly within his right to defend himself. He got ATTACKED.
    You have no idea what happened that night. He said he got attacked. He may just as well have been the one who threw the first punch.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    No don't do that, that would deprive you, as a parent, the opportunity to go down to the county morgue to ID your child. Better still, the chance to see your child picture on milk carton for the next ten years and to go to your grave never knowing what happen to your child. After all who,would not like to enjoy that experience.
    Yes. Because "turn and fight" is likely to be the safest option

Come on, be serious. Saying "even if what Zimmerman said was true he should have been convicted" is as laughably stupid as anything I can remember in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    What did the Law enforcement official tell me Zimmerman to do?? If he as a so called "community watch person"chose ignore those clear instructions and confront Mr. Martin then the guilt is on him. If he would have just followed instructions and allowed a Sheriff officer to arrive at the scene, we would not even be taking about this.
    If he hadn't gotten out of his car, Martin would be alive.

Simple facts.

None of which make him guilty of murder or manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Not only is your statement accurate it may be insufficient in its accuracy.

I hold a conceal permit. We are taught NEVER create a situation where you need your gun.

However, Zimmerman did and created a problem. Travons answer was to hit him.

They share blame, one paid a much bigger price
    Astounding how many people don't get this. Everyone wants a morality play. Black hat kills poor innocent white hat, goes to jail. Or black hat attacks poor innocent white hat, white hat kills black hat in self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Astounding how many people don't get this. Everyone wants a morality play. Black hat kills poor innocent white hat, goes to jail. Or black hat attacks poor innocent white hat, white hat kills black hat in self defense.
    Everyone did want a morality play, after all it was "God's plan".

You have no idea what happened that night. He said he got attacked. He may just as well have been the one who threw the first punch.
    At the very least, he created the situation which ended in someone's death. The interesting part is that from the evidence, you can at least conclude that he was not going to let Martin get away. He's following him, "these *******s always get away," etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    At the very least, he created the situation which ended in someone's death. The interesting part is that from the evidence, you can at least conclude that he was not going to let Martin get away. He's following him, "these *******s always get away," etc.
    That getting away statement is not evidence of anything.

Its a general statement. If you infer that means he personally wasn't going to let him get away, thats one thing that is up for debate.

It certainly isn't evidence though.

All Pro
    People, when are we going to move on? We all have our various suspicions about what happened, but we're never going to know in any legal sense. End of story.

Still, there is a story here. But it's not about Zimmerman and Martin and may never have been really. It's about distrust on several levels and from several directions. Skin color still drives our assumptions, our expectations, and our suspicions, on both sides of the question. That's the other tragedy in this mess, and the availability of media for every hate-monger, race-baiter, do-gooder, and bleeding heart has not made things better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    He did lead he said; If I had a son he would look like Travon.. His election didn't help race relations it made them worse..
    +1

why speak out against something that helps you?

Jets Insider VIP
    Skin color still drives our assumptions, our expectations, and our suspicions, on both sides of the question.
    for some, but still too many.

That's the other tragedy in this mess, and the availability of media for every hate-monger, race-baiter, do-gooder, and bleeding heart has not made things better.
    this is the bigger problem: the lack of truth in media articles, whether accidental, or (I believe) intentional. A link I followed in this thread mentioned that Z used the Stand Your Ground defense, when in fact he did not. That's irresponsible. Reminds me of the plot of the Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Not only is your statement accurate it may be insufficient in its accuracy.

I hold a conceal permit. We are taught NEVER create a situation where you need your gun.

However, Zimmerman did and created a problem. Travons answer was to hit him.

They share blame, one paid a much bigger price.
    The only person here who gets it.

Good post, CPA.

And your evidence of that, i.e. brusing of Martin's face or body, brusing on Zimmerman's knuckles, is.....where?

To my knowledge, there was no physical evidence that Z. ever struck/punched/hit M. until the single fatal gunshot was fired.

There is clear cut evidence that M. struck Z. repeatedly, both physical, forensic and witness testimony.

So please explain the basis of this hypothetical claim please, because I find it confusing as to why you, a lawyer who is usually a stickler for detail and evidence, would raise it without any evidence to support it.

People, when are we going to move on? We all have our various suspicions about what happened, but we're never going to know in any legal sense. End of story.

Still, there is a story here. But it's not about Zimmerman and Martin and may never have been really. It's about distrust on several levels and from several directions. Skin color still drives our assumptions, our expectations, and our suspicions, on both sides of the question. That's the other tragedy in this mess, and the availability of media for every hate-monger, race-baiter, do-gooder, and bleeding heart has not made things better.
    The only story I see is the rampant, angry hateful racism of a certain segment of the population, being supported by the media who both supports it, and wishes to profit from it, turning any potential event into a racially divissive wedge that promotes racism and serves only to broaden the divide between the races in America today.

The event may not have been about race. But the response, all down the line, most certainly was.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Top pic is 17 year old Travon the bottom the one the press likes to use.. At the time of the shooting he was suspended from school for weed and allegedly punching a bus driver..