Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1362

Thread: Martin/Zimmerman Trial

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    What's a white Asian?
    That would be an Asian person that shoots a black person. Similar to the white-hispanic term the media created in order to turn the Zimmerman case into a racial issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    That would be an Asian person that shoots a black person. Similar to the white-hispanic term the media created in order to turn the Zimmerman case into a racial issue.
    If Zimmerman's name was Garcia think of all the trouble that would have been avoided..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    People, when are we going to move on? We all have our various suspicions about what happened, but we're never going to know in any legal sense. End of story.

Still, there is a story here. But it's not about Zimmerman and Martin and may never have been really. It's about distrust on several levels and from several directions. Skin color still drives our assumptions, our expectations, and our suspicions, on both sides of the question. That's the other tragedy in this mess, and the availability of media for every hate-monger, race-baiter, do-gooder, and bleeding heart has not made things better.
    There is still a civil trial and possibly Civil Rights charges. This case is far from over. Of course, it would be idiotic for ZImmerman to be prosecuted for Civil Rights violations, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post

Top pic is 17 year old Travon the bottom the one the press likes to use.. At the time of the shooting he was suspended from school for weed and allegedly punching a bus driver..

Trayvon is no Saint. What a shocker.

And it still does not mean he deserved to die.

BTW, did anyone read the Newspaper this morning?

It said they are allowing Zimmerman to get his gun back to protect himself. I can see the logic of this(as absurd as it is) because now more than ever he will need it since he's going to be at the top of every hit-list throughout the country....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ironing is painful

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Trayvon is no Saint. What a shocker.

And it still does not mean he deserved to die.

BTW, did anyone read the Newspaper this morning?

It said they are allowing Zimmerman to get his gun back to protect himself. I can see the logic of this(as absurd as it is) because now more than ever he will need it since he's going to be at the top of every hit-list throughout the country....
    Neither do all the young black kids that die every day in Chicago.. The difference is they are being victims of black on black crime.. And none of them comfronted someone and starting beating on them.. Like I said if Zimmerman's name was Garcia no one ever hears about this.. If Aaron Hernandez had a name like Aaron Hughes then that killing in the media would take on a racist slant..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The only story I see is the rampant, angry hateful racism of a certain segment of the population, being supported by the media who both supports it, and wishes to profit from it, turning any potential event into a racially divissive wedge that promotes racism and serves only to broaden the divide between the races in America today.

The event may not have been about race. But the response, all down the line, most certainly was.
    That would mean you are wearing blinders. We know racial profiling goes on, which instills distrust because it's based on skin color. We know that African American defendants receive stiffer penalties in our criminal justice system than their white counterparts statistically, which breeds mistrust. The event really became about race when the case was dropped by Sanford police and prosecutors. African Americans, who have sufficient history of an enforcement and court system that has been too often stacked against them, would be expected to take note and question motives. Were they right in this case? After all the facts are in, I think not. But to say that you can't see it or understand it is frankly disingenuous or blind.

P.S. I do think the media in a number of instances was blatantly scanal-mongering and served to escalate anger using falst reporting. Home CNBC gets to pay a nice sum for their slanderous behavior...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither do all the young black kids that die every day in Chicago.. The difference is they are being victims of black on black crime.. And none of them comfronted someone and starting beating on them.. Like I said if Zimmerman's name was Garcia no one ever hears about this.. If Aaron Hernandez had a name like Aaron Hughes then that killing in the media would take on a racist slant..
    I agree with you about Zimmerman's name having a role but I don't think it would apply to Hernandez if he was white. Very different crime. They knew each other.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And your evidence of that, i.e. brusing of Martin's face or body, brusing on Zimmerman's knuckles, is.....where?

To my knowledge, there was no physical evidence that Z. ever struck/punched/hit M. until the single fatal gunshot was fired.

There is clear cut evidence that M. struck Z. repeatedly, both physical, forensic and witness testimony.

So please explain the basis of this hypothetical claim please, because I find it confusing as to why you, a lawyer who is usually a stickler for detail and evidence, would raise it without any evidence to support it.
    Because of all the other things people in this thread have pointed out: that Zimmerman was generally pissed that people got away, that he followed Martin in the first place, that he got out of his car at all. (More, I don't think anyone on the defense team denied that Zimmerman physically hit Martin - it wasn't "Martin sucker punches Zimmerman, Zim does nothing until he fires his gun", it was a struggle). Given all that, if a witness had said "I saw the whole thing, Zimmerman came up to the kid, put his hands on him and tried to hold him for the police, Martin fought back, ended up on top, then Zimmerman shot him" - would you call the witness a liar? I wouldn't - because that also fits with the evidence.

Bottom line, I don't know how the fight started. Neither do you, or anyone living except Zimmerman. Given Martin's history, I find it entirely plausible that he got physical first - but that doesn't rule out Zim getting physical first, a fact that, if true, he would obviously never admit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Hernandez was white and the police decided to drop the case and prosecutors didn't pursue, it wouldn't be so farfetched to see why it might be a racial issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    And your evidence of that, i.e. brusing of Martin's face or body, brusing on Zimmerman's knuckles, is.....where?

To my knowledge, there was no physical evidence that Z. ever struck/punched/hit M. until the single fatal gunshot was fired.

There is clear cut evidence that M. struck Z. repeatedly, both physical, forensic and witness testimony.

So please explain the basis of this hypothetical claim please, because I find it confusing as to why you, a lawyer who is usually a stickler for detail and evidence, would raise it without any evidence to support it.
    So instead of the want to be cop with MMA training fighting back or simply overpowering the kid he went straight for his gun???
    your "evidence" raises more questions then answers.

Simply put the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Meaning Zimmerman's could have thrown a punch first and missed or grabbed him or spit on him or ............ Who knows the only other witness is dead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    If Hernandez was white and the police decided to drop the case and prosecutors didn't pursue, it wouldn't be so farfetched to see why it might be a racial issue.
    The Press liked to describe Zimmerman as a white hispanic because he's half and half.. Does that make Obama a white afro-american whose mom was white?? This was in no way a racial issue except for the race baiters and the Liberal media..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Because of all the other things people in this thread have pointed out: that Zimmerman was generally pissed that people got away, that he followed Martin in the first place, that he got out of his car at all. (More, I don't think anyone on the defense team denied that Zimmerman physically hit Martin - it wasn't "Martin sucker punches Zimmerman, Zim does nothing until he fires his gun", it was a struggle). Given all that, if a witness had said "I saw the whole thing, Zimmerman came up to the kid, put his hands on him and tried to hold him for the police, Martin fought back, ended up on top, then Zimmerman shot him" - would you call the witness a liar? I wouldn't - because that also fits with the evidence.

Bottom line, I don't know how the fight started. Neither do you, or anyone living except Zimmerman. Given Martin's history, I find it entirely plausible that he got physical first - but that doesn't rule out Zim getting physical first, a fact that, if true, he would obviously never admit.

No evidence exists to support your hypothetical, same as no evidence exists that would support any racial bias involvement in this case.

Yet here we are, more of the same. All we need now is a reference to "skitltes and iced tea", him being a "little child", and some admonishments that "now walking while black is punishable by death".

The evidence spoke, loudly. Martin was a violent thug and acted like a violent thug, and the evidence, not some baseless agenda-driven speculation, proved it.

And now he's the new MLK, a national tragedy to browbeat people with for the next decade or so, while literally thousands of young black kids die at the hands of their own??

What bollocks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

No evidence exists to support your hypothetical, same as no evidence exists that would support any racial bias involvement in this case.

Yet here we are, more of the same. All we need now is a reference to "skitltes and iced tea", him being a "little child", and some admonishments that "now walking while black is punishable by death".

The evidence spoke, loudly. Martin was a violent thug and acted like a violent thug, and the evidence, not some baseless agenda-driven speculation, proved it.

And now he's the new MLK, a national tragedy to browbeat people with for the next decade or so, while literally thousands of young black kids die at the hands of their own??

What bollocks.
    Please enumerate any evidence that Martin was a violent thug. No, smoking weed does not count and no, his school suspension does not show that.

Only one of the two of them brought a gun to that party that night and if neither of them had done so then they would both be alive today. Only one of them sought out the other. This is nothing other that a wannabe cop initiating a situation, getting in over his head and somebody dying as a result of that stupidity.

This man and any other one like him just needs to not be allowed to walk around with a loaded gun.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Chicago?

Why not EVERYWHERE ELSE, too?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The ironing is painful

Who's the douche in between the two morons?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    This man and any other one like him just needs to not be allowed to walk around with a loaded gun.
    They actually gave him his gun back to use to, ironically, defend himself now.

Yes, the VERY SAME GUN.

Long Live the NRA, right?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    So instead of the want to be cop with MMA training fighting back or simply overpowering the kid he went straight for his gun???
    your "evidence" raises more questions then answers.

Simply put the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Meaning Zimmerman's could have thrown a punch first and missed or grabbed him or spit on him or ............ Who knows the only other witness is dead.

yeah, he's a regular Anderson Silva....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why Chicago?

Ask Black Americans who don't take back their neighborhoods but instead wear shirts that say "Stop Snitchin'"....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Why Chicago?

Of course everywhere here's some interesting stats..
    In 1934, the year Al Capone moved to the new federal prison on Alcatraz Island, Chicago had a homicide rate of 10.09 per 100,000 people—roughly twice the rate of New York and Los Angeles.

In 2010, the last year for which comparable figures are available, Chicago's homicide rate was 16.03 per 100,000—well above the figure from the gangland "30s, and again two to three times the rate of the two larger cities.

Read more: http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...#ixzz2Z8MMiR2P
    Stay on top of Chicago business with our free daily e-newsletters